Will they trim the beard?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
So as seen in another thread, WWE have apparently gotten a barber's chair for RAW this Monday to tie into the McMahon storyline and Daniel Bryan vs Cena, with Steph and Hunter wanting to give him a "corporate makeover". Do you actually believe they will go through with it?

I can see them not cutting it and Bryan instead pushing that he shouldn't have to change who he is to be at the top of the WWE, to send a positive message and to also play him up as the Modern day Mick Foley who said similar things in the attitude era.

But I can also see them giving it a bit of a trim before he lashes out. And I'd be perfectly fine with something like this:
sigpic199605_5.gif

But with the WHC Bryan beard. The beard as it is right now is kinda ridiculously big and the hair definitely needs a trim in my opinion. No need to get rid of it all, just trim it down a bit. That way they can still sell the shirts.

Do you think they will shave the beard? and if yes, how?

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
The look he has in that picture is perfect, imo. I do enjoy his current lengthy beard though.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think they'll touch it all. Probably just a way to get the beard "over" and sell more shirts :cole:

Expect a lot of :no: 's from Bryan and the crowd.

Last edited:
Reactions: DK JAMES

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
OH HEYUL NO! :wtf:

That's a big part of his drawing power...

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
There's too much manscaping going around today. The only people who don't have beards are women & children. Daniel Bryan's a man, he has a beard!

Reactions: Leo C and Swift

akapablo_

Chicken Nugget Aficionado
Hotshot
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I would be fine, like Crayo said, if they trimmed it a little but not cut the entire thing off, I would be so pissed. The beard represents Bryan. So, trim (a little) would be ok, but cutting it off ,HELL NO!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I hope not. Cut his hair, make him more presentable, but don't get rid of the beard. Trim it? I can accept that, but don't cut it all off.

I agree. The hair looks Blue, but the beard is perfect. I'd prefer he goes buzzed on top with the super long beard.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
The obvious scenario here is that Bryan refuses to let the McMahons change him and shape him into what they perceive to be their perfect Corporate image of what a superstar and possibly future world champion should look like. It goes right along with the fact that Bryan is a fan favorite already - a person who isn't the biggest guy (smaller than the majority of successful WWE superstars, actually) or the most physically appealing guy, but he's as beloved as he is anyway. Why should he change for anybody when it's clear he doesn't need to? WWE will use this as a positive message to send to people in real life (especially their younger viewers) I'm sure, showing that there are good traits in people beyond just what they look like on the outside and that people should accept one another based on those. I could see Bryan even asking the crowd if they think he should become clean shaven, and they chant NO (instead of YES, you see) repeatedly at the top of their lungs. This whole thing is to further get Bryan over on the basis of being loved and successful in spite of not having the standard WWE look. Vince has realized it in real life and now his asshole character on TV will be forced to accept it as well.

On a personal level though, I prefer him with the short hair and normal beard, like he was in early/mid 2012. Yes, he was already massively over before he grew the beard out anyway. I know the beard gives him a distinct look, which is why he shouldn't shave it off, but still. In keeping the beard though, I'd still prefer if he cut his hair short again and at least trimmed the beard a little bit.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Just thought.

Imagine if Bryan came out dressed like Right to Censor.