Will They Announce A New Era Name After Wrestlemania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PY.

Reaction score
[youtube]HznErMk97B4[/youtube]

Was watching this, and realized today how much they keep talking about the end of an era on Raw. With that said..

1. Will they announce a new era name the night after Wrestlemania?
2. Do you think the WWE is going to consider everything after what IWC considered as the Attitude Era, including them going to PG?

Will post my thoughts in a sec. Need a cigarette

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Nah, CM Punk already called it "the reality era".

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
They're saying end of an era but whenever they say it they tend to be referring to guys from the attitude Era. So I see this as more of a nail in coffin thing not the start of a new one.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't know if we will get something as clear as that video where Vince directly told the fans the name of the new era.

What I hope all this talk about ending an era will lead to is a battle between the eras at Survivor Series. I want it to be something massive like it was back when WWF faced off against the Alliance except no McMahon's are allowed to wrestle. Make this a battle between the old school attitude era guys and the new school guys. It is a simple feud to build because you have the old guys like HHH/Taker talking about how they are an end of an era and basically they are coming out and disrespecting all the new guys. New guys get angry and it leads to a 5 on 5 elimination match.

The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, Chris Jericho and one of Kane/Rey Mysterio/Big Show vs. John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk and then you have to pick the next two biggest stars at the time so it will be out of guys like Sheamus/Del Rio/Miz/Daniel Bryan

If WWE build it up right it could be a really cool way to close out this era and give a big boost to the new era. Would be a massive mainevent if they go through with it.

Reactions: 1 person

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I don't know if we will get something as clear as that video where Vince directly told the fans the name of the new era.

What I hope all this talk about ending an era will lead to is a battle between the eras at Survivor Series. I want it to be something massive like it was back when WWF faced off against the Alliance except no McMahon's are allowed to wrestle. Make this a battle between the old school attitude era guys and the new school guys. It is a simple feud to build because you have the old guys like HHH/Taker talking about how they are an end of an era and basically they are coming out and disrespecting all the new guys. New guys get angry and it leads to a 5 on 5 elimination match.

The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, Chris Jericho and one of Kane/Rey Mysterio/Big Show vs. John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk and then you have to pick the next two biggest stars at the time so it will be out of guys like Sheamus/Del Rio/Miz/Daniel Bryan

If WWE build it up right it could be a really cool way to close out this era and give a big boost to the new era. Would be a massive mainevent if they go through with it.

Would be pretty fuxing sweet to see happen.

Probably would of worked better circa 2005 when they brought Cena/Orton/Batista through and there was a few more Attitude era guys around and able to go, but still possible now.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
They're saying end of an era but whenever they say it they tend to be referring to guys from the attitude Era. So I see this as more of a nail in coffin thing not the start of a new one.
^^^^^^^^^ Pretty much this.

And new eras are not started with one announcement. Even that video of Vince McMahon was a few months after the real Attitude era actually started. Even if Vince or anyone else just comes out and says "Yeah, this is the beginning of the _____ era now" and tries to shove it down our throats like that for their own marketing reasons, it will fail.

Only a sharp curve of the show's content like the implementation or cancellation of the PG rating could possibly do that without the influence of outside factors, such as a rival promotion or a dramatic change of pop culture. WWE has no reason to force such change on us right now.

I applaud Vince's successful use of the word "extemporaneous" btw.

Last edited by a moderator: