Will Smith slaps and yells at Chris Rock during the 2022 Oscars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Cool let’s make it ok to smack a comedian. Dude literally was turned into a cuck on National tv by this women and then he laughed at the joke until she side eyed him. It’s bullshit unstable behavior resulting from a clearly toxic relationship. But why should Rock get smacked and also apologize? Naaaa he took the hit and said ok I deserve that and then didn’t press charges. This whole thing is fuckin stupid…. Comedians getting assaulted for their jokes is fucking ludicrous… Dice was the biggest comedian on the planet and he destroyed his audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh for sure I would say Will smacking him was wrong but do we know what Will and Jada are going through right now maybe it's the Straw that broke the Camel's Back and that is what happened. Oh and I've been in the situation when I've been personally attacked by family verbally and yeah you smile and try to bottle in the hurt and eventually you react and sometimes in the wrong way. I can't believe not one person here on Smarks in life hasn't had made a mistake or done something they have regret and had atone for it. A growing moment I say.

Reactions: Vegeta

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Oh for sure I would say Will smacking him was wrong but do we know what Will and Jada are going through right now maybe it's the Straw that broke the Camel's Back and that is what happened. Oh and I've been in the situation when I've been personally attacked by family verbally and yeah you smile and try to bottle in the hurt and eventually you react and sometimes in the wrong way. I can't believe not one person here on Smarks in life hasn't had made a mistake or done something they have regret and had atone for it. A growing moment I say.

I’ve made 1000 mistakes in my life and paid the dues for them my man. Please don’t try to the moral barometer of this place HoHo and let’s just move on.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I’ve made 1000 mistakes in my life and paid the dues for them my man. Please don’t try to the moral barometer of this place HoHo and let’s just move on.

Let's do that because were on opposite ends of things with this and I already see this going to a place no one wants it to go.

Last edited:

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
84308218-AC62-4A31-ABC4-6F5AC188CF45.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Context matters. Is that person bald because of a sickness? Or because they just want to be? Or what? Because if it’s because of some sickness, then Will is just as wrong as Chris was. If it’s a personal choice and they wanted to be, then it’s different.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
One rich dude slaps another rich dude and middle class people fighting about it is now my favorite genre of the internet

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Most men don't go bald out of choice. The point is. Jokes are jokes. Comedians make jokes. If we start selectively deciding what comedians - in a theatre setting can make jokes about - then comedy is dead.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Most men don't go bald out of choice. The point is. Jokes are jokes. Comedians make jokes. If we start selectively deciding what comedians - in a theatre setting can make jokes about - then comedy is dead.
I agree to a point, but they are some things that need to be off limits. Now I’m not going to try and decide what should or shouldn’t be, but imo medical conditions should be off limits, unless the person they are about is fine with it. Like I know I wouldn’t want people making fun of my depression, surely on a bad day where I already feel at a low point. So you be fine with someone doing that to me? Since nothing should be off limits?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
pretty sure will apologized so why are we even still defending people we dont know here lol

Reactions: Jimmy King

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I agree to a point, but they are some things that need to be off limits. Now I’m not going to try and decide what should or shouldn’t be, but imo medical conditions should be off limits, unless the person they are about is fine with it. Like I know I wouldn’t want people making fun of my depression, surely on a bad day where I already feel at a low point. So you be fine with someone doing that to me? Since nothing should be off limits?

From what I've learned these last two days, comedians are allowed to say whatever they want and you have to laugh

Or you're allowed to hit them for anything they say if you want

There is no universe where Will shouldn't have hit Chris and the joke was also in poor taste, that is simply blasphemy. Pick a damn side

• Haha
Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
From what I've learned these last two days, comedians are allowed to say whatever they want and you have to laugh

Or you're allowed to hit them for anything they say if you want

There is no universe where Will shouldn't have hit Chris and the joke was also in poor taste, that is simply blasphemy. Pick a damn side
I pick the side of fuck em both. Joke was bad and Will shouldn’t have slapped him either. But I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same. :lol as most people would probably defend their S/O if they saw something upset them. Love does that shit to you.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
In this scenario - like many award ceremonies, The MC or host roasts the guests - which are normally celebrities. Generally comedians use everything to make a joke - in this case it was an actual Movie based joke. Celebrities should expect to be roasted.

If say you replaced Chris Rock - with I don't know lets say Awkwafina made the jokes instead. And Will slapped her - we would be hearing a very different story. People generally resort to violence - if they think they can get away with it.​

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
fwiw the joke was tame a.f but thats just my opinion. people are entitle to think the joke sucked however and thats fine. just dont endorse violence lol