Will Smith and Michael B Jordan For I Am Legend Sequel

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros. is upping the stakes on its I Am Legend franchise to a stratospheric level. For its next chapter, the studio is bringing back not only original star Will Smith but also Black Panther actor Michael B. Jordan in what will rep the duo’s first big movie together as stars and producers.

Akiva Goldsman
AP
Talk about two big stars aligning: Smith and Jordan’s movies combined have grossed a massive $12.3 billion worldwide.

Plot details, of course, are being kept under wraps.

Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman, who adapted the Richard Matheson’s 1954 novel for the original 2007 movie, also is returning to pen the follow-up and produce as well.

All these deals are closed, I understand, but no director is attached as the project still is being developed. Francis Lawrence directed the original I Am Legend.

RELATED STORY
'Alien' Standalone Movie In The Works With Fede Alvarez Directing For Hulu
Jordan and Elizabeth Raposo are producing via their Outlier Society banner. Smith and Westbrook Studios Co-President/Head of Motion Pictures Jon Mone will produce the project, with Ryan Shimazaki overseeing on behalf of Westbrook Studios. James Lassiter will serve as EP. Goldsman and Greg Lessans will also produce via Weed Road Pictures.

I Am Legend, starred Smith in a nearly deserted postapocalyptic New York City amid zombies, opened to $77.2M in early December stateside and went on to gross $256.4M domestic and $585.4M worldwide.

The big news for Smith comes in the wake of being Oscar-nominated for Best Actor and Best Picture for King Richard, as well as landing Best Actor wins at the SAG Awards and NAACP Image Awards. The film racked up a total six Oscar noms.

Outlier Society also is in development with Warner Bros on Static Shock, a live-action adaptation of DC Comics’ groundbreaking series, penned by Randy McKinnon and with Reginald Hudlin also producing alongside Outlier. the company is in production on MGM/UAR’s Creed III, with Jordan directing and starring as Adonis Creed. The film is slated for release on November 23.

Other film projects on Outlier Society’s upcoming slate include Amazon Studios’ adaptation of the novel You Made a Fool of Death with Your Beauty by Akwaeke Emezi and MGM’s The Thomas Crown Affair, being written by Wes Tooke. In the TV space, Outlier’s upcoming projects include Amazon Studios’ Victories Greater Than Death, The Broken Earth and the Muhammad Ali series The Greatest.

I am Legend
Will Smith in ‘I Am Legend’ (2007)
Everett Collection
Westbrook Studios film projects include King Richard, based on the life of Richard Williams, father to tennis greats Serena and Venus, as well as the upcoming high-profile projects Emancipation, which sold to Apple TV+ in the largest film festival acquisition deal in history; sports drama Redd Zone, starring Jada Pinkett Smith at Netflix and based on the true story of Tia Magee and her sons; the hip-hop musical feature Summertime, based on Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff’s hit song for Sony Pictures’ Screen Gems; Clean Air, a joint project from Westbrook, NASCAR and the Chainsmokers; action-thriller Fast & Loose, starring Smith and directed by David Leitch; and The Soul Superhero, a live-action musical fantasy film with a screenplay co-written by Kwame Kwei-Armah and songwriter-producer Freddy Wexler and based on an original story by Wexler.

Weed Road Pictures is the production company founded by producer, director and Oscar-winning writer Goldsman. Along with the original I Am Legend, it has produced films including Deep Blue Sea, Constantine, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Hancock, Fair Game, Lone Survivor and Without Remorse. Upcoming films include Brilliance starring Smith; Major Matt Mason, starring Tom Hanks; The Billion Dollar Spy, directed by Amma Asante; Firestarter, directed by Keith Thomas; Flight, directed by Johannes Roberts; Caster, an adaptation of the YA book by Elsie Chapman; Back to the Outback, an animated comedy for Netflix; and Meet Cute, starring Kaley Cuoco and Pete Davidson. TV titles include Titans, which is co-executive produced by Berlanti Productions and DC Entertainment; Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds on Paramount+; The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, based on Michael Chabon’s Pulitzer-winning novel; Gormenghast, based on the books by Mervyn Peake; Havenfall, based on the novel by Sara Holland; and Crowded Room, an Apple anthology series starring Tom Holland.

Jordan and Outlier Society are represented by M88, WME, and Gregory Slewett. Smith is represented by CAA. Goldsman is repped by CAA and Hansen Jacobson Teller.

I nearly wanted to try a backflip after hearing this News. I loved I Am Legend I really need to rewatch it because it's been ages since I've watched it. I guess Will's Character truly did survive and I'm really interested in where this could go. I do more a good Zombie filled World whether it's TV or Movies I just love it.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
The first movie made me pretty emotional. The scene where he wants the mannequin to talk to him because he feels so alone. :pour

This sounds really promising with Will Smith and Michael B. Jordan attached to it.

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I really liked I Am Legend, hopefully this is just as good.

But.....since we bringing back Will Smith 00s IP......how about a buddy cop action-comedy with iRobot 2

Reactions: Marty McFourth

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I honestly don't understand how there is a sequel. Didn't Neville die at the end?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I really liked I Am Legend, hopefully this is just as good.

But.....since we bringing back Will Smith 00s IP......how about a buddy cop action-comedy with iRobot 2

Yes please. Imagine what you could with those Robots today you would think they are really there in front of you. The moment Will has to kill his Dog after being bitten will hit harder then ever missing my Dog everyday. :mjcry

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I honestly don't understand how there is a sequel. Didn't Neville die at the end?
Depends on which ending you saw.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Don't tell me - there was an alt ending in a DVD they are making canon smh

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't tell me - there was an alt ending in a DVD they are making canon smh
The ending where he sacrificed himself was the DVD alt ending.

Some people didn't like the theatric version, even though it made the Cenobytes look smarter and conscious.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
when i saw it at the cinema - he 100% sacrificed himself with a grenade. Don't tell me North America got done dirty - and didnt get that ending

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I like the notion that the Zombie Monsters having intelligence and the sense of family and love. I heard in the Book it's much scarier version where Anna sold out Will's Character to the Monsters and he's sentenced to death from their Community because of his experiments.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
when i saw it at the cinema - he 100% sacrificed himself with a grenade. Don't tell me North America got done dirty - and didnt get that ending

Looks like I got it backwards :fplam:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Apparently certain regions didn't get the grenade ending - because of not wanting to promote suicide. It seems a paradox was created when different endings were offered to different audiences.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
To be honest I prefer the grenade ending because the other one features the infected a lot more and the CGI has always been horrendous. Even when the movie came out, it was just bad.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Spider Matthau

Eighth-Legged Wonder Of The World
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
I'm kinda excited about what this could lead to as a whole. I'm for retconning older work to get more story. I know Hollywood is deep into sequels and remakes, but I'm not against a narrative that does something different, you know? Squeeze that juice. I think this opens up the gates to several promising sequels. Imagine something like Evil Dead 4: Necropolis. Ash is significantly older now and it'd make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth