Will Rusev Lose His Push?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I am quite torn on the whole Rusev thing, I want to puke everytime I see a babyface going all "My country is better than yours" like a obnoxious bastard, but on the other hand I wouldn't mind if they let Lana go full force saying harsh and convincing stuff about the US(not that I believe she has the mic skills to pull it off) and not the weak-ass text she's getting. Just keep the feuds even, don't just wave the flag around and call americans fat. If they want controversy, they have the perfect opportunity.

But I do admit calling the U.S warmongering pricks was brave, and I want more of that to keep the heat legit.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to show my political opinions here, just think that they should go all-out and do a make or break kind of character, that's the only way I can see Rusev entertaining me. But yeah, I do think patriotism is dumb, but the crowd is patriotic, so might as well mess with their feelings
Actually, I do see what you're saying, and where you're going with this. And I agree that this is meant to be a controversial "tool" to push WWE's word of mouth, it has the element of participation (that whole patriotism thing), and as political as the segments are... They're doing a good job of everything thus far with the whole X country vs X country feud going on here. I see this as a marketing move, a political move, and patriotic move.

What WWE wants to do is re-create a Kurt Angle/Hackshaw complex. Swagger reminds me of Hackshaw because of his mic work. And of course, you know that Swagger is using similar moves as Kurt.

Last edited: