Will Raw pick up now or just rinse and repeat?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
ed220-1507563252-800.jpg

This time of year tends to be the best for WWE, the whole road to Wrestlemania and what not.

It seems however, that they are kind of stuck in a loop. The last few years haven't been as impactful leading up to Wrestlemania and this is especially true for Raw. With that being said... Do you think Raw will improve or will they just continue to be stuck in a rut and we will have to see what they do post Mania?

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
ed220-1507563252-800.jpg

This time of year tends to be the best for WWE, the whole road to Wrestlemania and what not.

It seems however, that they are kind of stuck in a loop. The last few years haven't been as impactful leading up to Wrestlemania and this is especially true for Raw. With that being said... Do you think Raw will improve or will they just continue to be stuck in a rut and we will have to see what they do post Mania?

Yes it will improve but unfortunately, it won't be soon... When we get closer to Wrestlemania I think it will but for now it will stay the same.

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score
I think Raw becomes more interesting around this time as we try to work out the direction WWE are going heading into mania.

For me though WWE's attitude towards Wrestlemania has changed over the last few years from wanting to put on dream matches and the best possible show to now when it is all about the spectacle and creating moments at wrestlemania.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
RAW can improve by adding one person...Mid-Neinties Kevin Nash

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I am a pretty big Rollins fan but even I can't be bothered watching recaps, let alone the show. The main issue is that we know what's gonna happen, Seth will come out talk about part timer, Heyman will come out and go "spoiler alert beast gonna eat you." And some random stare downs.

Wait, I feel like I've seen this already...

So for me, Raw will stay shit.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I am a pretty big Rollins fan but even I can't be bothered watching recaps, let alone the show. The main issue is that we know what's gonna happen, Seth will come out talk about part timer, Heyman will come out and go "spoiler alert beast gonna eat you." And some random stare downs.

Wait, I feel like I've seen this already...

So for me, Raw will stay shit.
You pretty much sumed up why I quit watching wrestling as a whole.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Hasn't it already improved in the new year by removing rematch clauses and having fresh match ups and removing 20 minute promos and an emphasis on tag team wrestling. And it being more sexy and letting talent have more creative control with promos.

A lot has changed. But it's still shit. Smackdown is good tho.

Tbh Raw has just been average and has some good highlights so far in 2019.i think people expect far too much from a three hour show.

Wrestlemania season it's suppose to pick up, well I think the last Raw and Smackdown have has all sorts of memorable moments and attempts at big angles.

Just the basics storytelling and lazy attention to detail hasn't changed.

Tarantula152

Jobber
Reaction score
I am looking forward to what Raw has in store for the next couple months, I think Rollins and Lesnar will have a good feud too. Something fresh!

BOOM!!!

Crash

Reaction score
Hasn't it already improved in the new year by removing rematch clauses and having fresh match ups and removing 20 minute promos and an emphasis on tag team wrestling. And it being more sexy and letting talent have more creative control with promos.

A lot has changed. But it's still shit. Smackdown is good tho.

Tbh Raw has just been average and has some good highlights so far in 2019.i think people expect far too much from a three hour show.

Wrestlemania season it's suppose to pick up, well I think the last Raw and Smackdown have has all sorts of memorable moments and attempts at big angles.

Just the basics storytelling and lazy attention to detail hasn't changed.

True it is starting to improve, but RAW is still a 3 hours show and it's very difficult to make it a worthy show to watch the full 3 hours. I think it will get its peak after Elimination Chamber.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
True it is starting to improve, but RAW is still a 3 hours show and it's very difficult to make it a worthy show to watch the full 3 hours. I think it will get its peak after Elimination Chamber.
I don't understand why people moan about it being 3 hours and still watch. Wwe offers many ways of consuming Raw. The show is about 50x better every week when you just watch the YouTube clips. You literally don't miss anything.

Crash

Reaction score
I don't understand why people moan about it being 3 hours and still watch. Wwe offers many ways of consuming Raw. The show is about 50x better every week when you just watch the YouTube clips. You literally don't miss anything.

It's because there are still a lot of people who watch it live the full 3 hours, I can't do that anymore and don't want to. I watch the full show the next day and skip the stuff I don't like. But yes the truth is most people still go through the full 3 hours live with the ads and it must be boring as hell.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
It's because there are still a lot of people who watch it live the full 3 hours, I can't do that anymore and don't want to. I watch the full show the next day and skip the stuff I don't like. But yes the truth is most people still go through the full 3 hours live with the ads and it must be boring as hell.
If people like watching the full 3 hours that's perfectly fine. I just don't understand sitting through it all when you don't like how long it is. There is a simple alternative. Hulu Raw or YouTube. Or skipping stuff. Which is what most people do tbh. That's why rating don't mean shit anymore.