will orton ever be wwe champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

shefflad

Reaction score
with john cena retaining the wwe title at summerslam, i thought as everyone else did that orton was gonna win but he didn't so now what, looks like cena and orton 2 will be next ppv, cena will win that.
Then what!!!!!!
the only other man that can hold the wwe title apart from orton at the moment is hhh so it looks like trip is next wwe champ.
So then what for oton, any thoughts !!!!!!!!

Dairydude

Reaction score
I want to see Orton get into a feud with HHH, where his soul aim isn't to win, but to LKP (Legend Killer Punt) him.

It's a different take on a feud, and it'd be a great way to keep HHH a face with out these bullshit immature promos

As for who gets the belt, i don't care, it just needs to come off John 'Superman' Cena

the dark knight

i predicted that cena's gonna retain long ago. the only time i thought orton was going to win is the night we knew he was the number 1 contender.

i want triple h to get the title 1st then give it to orton. but, from what things look like now, its either another cena/headlock match or we'll have a special fatal 4 way match including cena, hhh, orton and king booKAHHH.

OR lets have a CHAIN MATCH!

Reaction score
i think Orton will have his title reign...but it will be short and totally transitional. Unfortunately with great heels like Edge and Orton, wwe seems to not trust them with long reigns (yeah yeah edge was supposed to get on ebut he got hurt)...even tho wwe has said that it is mor eprofitable with a heel champion and a face going after the title.

I also feel that WWE has totally focused on money and not what the fans want...case in point Summerslam. We were given a great line up on paper which many assumed or hoped Cena would lose, Morrison would lose, and Kennedy would win as well. Well it seems to me that The Sole purpose for Summerslam was for HHH to return...and a small side of rey rey too. Summerslam is one of the big PPVs each year and would get a large number of buys no matter what...why give us fans a HUGE show....so they will push everything off another month to Unforgiven where Orton will probabaly face cena again...and Morrison will probably face punk again... The thought or hope of a title change AGAIN will make people buy it again...

So i do think Orton will get the title...albeit for a short moment.

LKP

I think a win at unforgiven with orton being chmapion then until survivor series is a god 3 month run for orton. HHH wont be champion for a while yet he like everyone else has to earn their title shot.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I reckon Orton will get title soon maybe at unforgiven if not b4.dont think it will last too long tho and he will drop the belt 2 trips who will maybe keep it a few months and drop it 2 someone else by way of getting cheated out of it. Then i think a big feud will start up at the end of this year or beginning of next year involving McMahon's trips and Kennedy and maybe HBK that will run for awhile and make a big build up for wrestlemania 24 were either kennedy or trips will be champ

Reaction score
Who knows! Orton may not even be at Unforgiven! Rey was on GAB poster. He wasn't there. Kane was on Judgment Day poster. He wasn't there.

But Orton most likely would be there. And Triple H needs to stay face until Wrestlemania 24. He has to.

CenaMark54

At this point, I'd rather not have Orton be a tool to get the belt back on HHH (again). But thats probably what is going to happen. Orton will win it at Unforgiven and drop it next month at No Mercy to HHH.

HHH will beat Orton at Survior Series in the rematch. Orton will move onto a Mania feud with HBK and HHH will face Cena in another face vs face match. Cena will win the belt back and HHH will finally turn heel.

I'd rather see Orton win it and hold it to Mania to face HHH or HHH win it now and drop it to Orton at Mania. Those are long shots though.

Trips V.2

Reaction score
The question "Will Orton ever get the belt?" is ridiculous. Of course he will.

I think it will happen at Unforgiven and then he'll hold it until Survivor Series or sometime around then, where he'll drop it just so they can bulid Cena/HHH 2.

the dark knight

^^lets just hope he doesnt get suspended.

also, im thinking of 2 ways that he could get the belt now.

if he's gonna get suspended: raw starts off with cena jumping to the ring pissed off...tells orton if he WANTS SOME...COME GET SOME! orton accepts and the match is set up for for that night. orton wins...next week some shit happens and he disappears (cena's dad files something) and throws the belt to triple h (maybe he can win it in a battle royal).

^^kinda lame...but i dont wanna see cena as a champ for 1 WHOLE YEAR!!!

the other option is...let him win...only this time, he keeps the title for bit long lol.

The Mojo

Reaction score
I think Orton will be champion but I think WWE wanted to wait till HHH got back so that he can be in that feud as well so Orton will win it, but IDK when then Cena "breaks off" and Orton and HHH will feud for the title

Reaction score
Orton will win the title but I have a feeling just like RareBreed that it will be a purely transitional reign....and he won't have a real reing until after WM24

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
No doubt in my mind that orton will be the cahmp sometime in the near future. It may not be a long title reign but something is better than nothing and I would prefer him to get the title off of HHH instead John Cena, I think it would be a better match.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
It'san almost dead cert that Orton will be WWE champ. He'll be heel when he wins and it'll happen. How can it not?

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
At this point, I think that the most likely scenario is going to be Orton winning the title at Unforgiven. I feel it will play out with Cena's agression getting the best of him, and causing a mistake of some sorts. Orton picks up the title. He retains in a rematch at Cyber Sunday in some type of gimmick match (Steel Cage? Falls Count Anywhere?). From there, I can see two things happen. The first would be to insert Triple H into this feud and have a triple threat match at No Mercy. I'm not so sure this will happen as I think Triple H may be involved in a match with Umaga at No Mercy. However, I would think another match between Cena and Orton would be a bit excessive. For the time being, I'll say that we will see Orton and Cena go at it again at No Mercy, maybe with the fathers in the corners or something. Orton retains by cheating or even getting himself disqualified.

This leads us to Survivor Series, where I think we will see a team of Orton, Kennedy, Carlito, and Umaga take on Cena, Hardy, Triple H, and Cody Rhodes in a Survivor Series Elimination Match. Lets have the faces go over and then at Armageddon, we see HHH-Orton-Cena, and Orton takes the fall as HHH wins the title. From here, Orton is gearing up for a Mania program with HBK and the build towards HHH-Cena 2 for WM 24 is on. So back to the original question, Orton will be champ and a reign from Unforgiven until Armageddon (3 Months) isn't too bad at all.