Will Orton Cash In at SummerSlam?, Backstage News on Plans for the WWE Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Word going around WWE is that the current plan for SummerSlam has Daniel Bryan defeating John Cena for the WWE Title, only to see Randy Orton cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase, take the WWE Title and finally make his long-awaited heel turn.

It's possible WWE announces the Randy Orton neck injury on RAW and keep him off TV for a few weeks, that way his cash in at SummerSlam will be more of a surprise.

Another sign that Orton will be cashing in at SummerSlam is that as of this week, there is no Bryan vs. Cena rematch planned for September's Night of Champions pay-per-view.
Well he wasn't on RAW this week and doesn't appear on next weeks tapings, so this plan may well be going ahead.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
As long as Daniel Bryan keeps going after the belt I'm fine. Dude deserves to have a decent run with the title.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah I called this shit as soon as Randy Orton won MITB. Sooooooo predictable.

I just hope WWE takes note of all these rumors surfacing on the internet and calls an audible that DOESN'T result in Cena actually winning that match.

However, this would definitely be a quick and easy way to make Randy Orton a bonafide heel again finally, which is what he needs to be.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Not gonna believe it until I see it happen.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'd be okay with this, but I'd really rather Orton keep the briefcase longer and Bryan have a longer title reign. And there better be a fucking Bryan/Cena II at Night of Champions.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Would be the perfect cash in/heel turn situation for him to cash in after Bryan who is white hot right now beats Cena taking away his career making moment. In a way though I don't want to see that happen and see Bryan get a real run with it.

Cannon

Reaction score
I honestly feel like this is the best case scenario.

Bryan beating Cena for the belt and then getting a run with it will probably last a couple of months before he gets beaten in a meaningless match, Orton cashing in and the two having a program will probably keep Bryan in the title picture a lot longer. Not to mention that him beating Cena, getting cashed in on and then eventually beating Orton to get his second (Longer run) would cement him once and for all as a main event player.

It's a good story.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Word going around is that it this is the easiest speculation to make.

Word on the street is that Randy Orton is penciled in to face Del Rio for the title at Summerslam and then cash in the same night to unify both WWE and World titles.

Not really, but throw that sentence on a few more sites and see this as news too.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Orton cashing in on Bryan (not Cena, Bryan) would be the most dickish way possible to turn Orton. I love it. Even if this is speculation, Randy turning heel is still very probable at this point and if it happens I'll be stoked, he's a very appropriate heel in his look and style. I'd still like to see something a little different in his character this time around but I'll still be content with the amount of fresh opponents open to him.

If Orton does turn heel at Summerslam, I'm certain he'll end up against Sheamus at Wrestlemania. Love to see that as well.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Word going around is that it this is the easiest speculation to make.

Word on the street is that Randy Orton is penciled in to face Del Rio for the title at Summerslam and then cash in the same night to unify both WWE and World titles.

Not really, but throw that sentence on a few more sites and see this as news too.

Posted that rumour on the forum Twitter feed to see if we can spread it :y:

On the news story it seems the most logical way for him to cash it in. Never makes sense for established names to hold onto the briefcase for long, look at what Cena and Kane did after they won it, so he should be cashing it in very soon.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me and if it did happen would once again confirm how stale the product is.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wouldn't surprise me and if it did happen would once again confirm how stale the product is.
As opposed to doing what?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't ask specifics, he doesn't even watch the product he still thinks it's 07 and Triple H and Cena hold down talent.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Would be the easiest way to turn him heel. I don't want to see Bryan get screwed out of another title run, and I for sure don't want to see Orton win the belt, but it seems to be the only option. Only good thing will be that Bryan and Orton can put on some great matches together, I'm hoping. Orton delivers with almost anyone he's in the ring with. Same for Bryan.

Bet we get a Triple threat with Orton, Cena, Bryan at Night of Champions. I wouldn't mind it. Would save us from seeing Heel Orton vs. Face Cena for the 1000th time. And would probably be a good match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Would be the easiest way to turn him heel. I don't want to see Bryan get screwed out of another title run, and I for sure don't want to see Orton win the belt, but it seems to be the only option. Only good thing will be that Bryan and Orton can put on some great matches together, I'm hoping. Orton delivers with almost anyone he's in the ring with. Same for Bryan.

Bet we get a Triple threat with Orton, Cena, Bryan at Night of Champions. I wouldn't mind it. Would save us from seeing Heel Orton vs. Face Cena for the 1000th time. And would probably be a good match.

When was Bryan screwed out of a title run? He lost in 18 seconds, but that was after holding the belt for months and having a very entertaining run.