Will Matt Hardy Win the TNA World Title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In WWE Matt Hardy was never able to get to the top level. He was very successful over his career but he never won a WWE title or WHC. He was always quite popular with the fans yet for some reason WWE never had complete faith in him like they did with his brother Jeff who did indeed become champion in WWE.

TNA is well known for giving huge pushes to ex-WWE wrestlers to take advantage of their popularity. Rhino, Christian, Angle, Jeff Hardy, Anderson all won the TNA World title reasonably soon after departing WWE so will Matt Hardy join that list?

Matt Hardy has been acting very odd ever since his WWE release and I don't know whether it is just the gimmick he is playing on the net or whether he has some other issues. TNA did risk putting the title on Jeff when he was in the middle of a court case where he could go to jail so they aren't against taking big risks. I don't think they will give Matt Hardy the title. He will probably get a good push but he just doesn't seem like someone you want as your main guy.

Do you think Matt Hardy will win the TNA World Title?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Out of shape shit should never see a title go around his ever expanding waist. But its TNA, he will be champion within 3 months. And no one will care. He can't draw flies, and his vlogs are making me wish he Benoits himself and his brother.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
He hopefully won't wear the belt. He is and always will be a fat overrated waste of space. Sorry I am usually nice but Matt Hardy annoys the hell out of me.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Matt Hardy would be a poor champion. He's overrated by Hardy fans (I feel the same way about Jeff, but Matt's worse) and seems to be getting more erratic as the months go by.

However, this is TNA, not a logical thinking company. Hardy will be champion within 6 months and will be feuding with Jeff before you can say the word 'dud'.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
TNA booking is probably worse than the WWE's. They have ramdom unlogic Champions all the time and just change the belt whenever they want rather than building stories with the belt holder. If Matt becomes Champ I will never tune in EVER and it jobs backs up my point that TNA leeches of WWE's talent and makes guys who were never really going to make it in WWE big world champs. MVP next anybody?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't think MVP would be that dumb to go to TNA at this point. He would be better off in Japan than going to TNA to a possible $1000 a week and uncertain storylines.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Perhaps not. Depends whether he's willing to change his lifestyle and move to Japan- or stay in TNA with their shitty booking and poor storylines. He could earn an easy paycheque whilst living an easy life in Florida if he was in TNA.

He'd earn more in Japan though. It's just a question of which choice he wants to make. That's if he even has one, TNA may not necessarily be after him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Didn't MVP mention in some recent interviews that he actually wants to head to Japan first since he has always respected their wrestling culture? I assume that TNA will make him an offer, they would be stupid not to, but I can't see him accepting it right away. He will be busy with Japan and cashing in on other indy shows before he goes to TNA.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think MVP is going to wrestle in Japan and wait for WWE to offer him something real nice. He left on good terms and if he avoids TNA, he would be welcomed back with open arms. Plus Japan might just be the place that he can improve drastically.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Seems like most of the boys in TNA don't think he belongs there. TNA management may have their heads up their ass, but they're not going to deliberately piss off everyone by doing something as stupid as giving Fatt Hardy the TNA Championship. I don't even think Anderson should be the champion, that's Jeff's belt. Jeff is the best they've got in the unique position he's in. A mega heel, where he's doing his best work. I've never been so interested in Jeff, but his months as the TNA champion are a fond memory to me. Just hoping that he can get the belt back, so he can have that match with RVD that we've been waiting too long for.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
The drop to Anderson seemed to me like it was done in case Hardy got sent to prison or anything after the court case. I think the belt will come back to him after the next rescheduled case