Will Matt and/or Jeff Hardy ever be Main Event material?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Are The Hardyz good enough to win a major championship?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• maybe if they toughen up

• never only mid card miterial

• Total voters

Sting!

Reaction score
Matt Hardy as world heavyweight champion has both upsides and down.
He could wrestle the booked matches .But come to promos and interviews "I wanna thank my internet fans and um.. supporters for this oppourtunity and believing in me ,uhhh.....VERISON-111 AHHHH".

3lions

Reaction score
2005 V-TUUUU-AHHH!!

Edge feuds with Kane ...
- then-
Edge feuds with Matt Hardy.

SAME OLD SHIT!

... yet I love it.

3lions

Reaction score
* rolls eyes *

kids these days ...

Mic skills are pretty self-explainatory. 'Mic' refers to the microphone wrestler's use to 'cut promo's' and 'skills' refer to how good the wrestler is at cutting these promo's. Hence the term 'mic skills' was coined.

napalm

Reaction score
haven't really read the thread boys, but I'm gonna go with yes and No.

I think Matt could especially with edge as champ as there fued was sick (leg drop off the cage HELLO)

Jeff hmmmmi think he could with the right person ie taker ladder match, but don't think he could be a consistent main event wrestler.

straight_edge76

They both can, I can see Matt being in the WHC title hunt by December I mean if Rey can anyone Can. and Matt has easily grown more as a singles wrestler then Jeff has, What he needs to do is go to ECW and dominate there him and CM Punk would be great. Matt in a feud with HBK Or Edge would be CLASSIC I give Jeff a few more years mabey a year and a half before he is meing or at least on the UPPER most Mid-card you can get, basically where Matt is right now.

I can see matt competing in the elimination chamber or winning a contender's match, Jeff i see being the show on EC freakin W

Sting!

Reaction score
Mic skills..
Ill break it down
You get the microphone ,you either talk and can do so without stuttering and not being nervous ,or you can say 5 words and then pose your muscles.
Hence John Cena vs Bobby lashley atm.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Matt Hardy has a pretty good chance at getting the belt.
Jeff doesn't seem to have much of a shot,but I could be wrong.
I mean Rey and RvD both got world titles and they're both somewhat
spot-monkeys.

Wrestling Station

i think, Never.

There are other ME guys that will stay in the title picture for long time. The hardy boys will never get the chance to get even in the title picture.

the dark knight

*sigh*

getting in the ME and feuding for the title is something easy to say these days.

jeff:
can put great matches+he can talk a lil+fans like him-charisma-no good storylines= not for a wolrd title...yet. i wanned to see him as champ in his feud with taker, but it didnt happen. time went by, he's not worthy anymore unless he gets serious rivalries.

i'd be interested to see jeff as heel. i wanna see how its gonna work out.

Matt:
ass+not very bad mic skills+kinda good in ring+some fans like him-not built up-the only guy he can feud with for the title is edge= not so good being a champ.

these guys are not the type of superstars that can create an image of a great face world champion imo.

Sting!

Reaction score
Never judge a hardy.
Look at matt!He went from a version 1 skinny punk who nobody liked ,into a beat up the other guy Boyfriend then got fired and is one of wwe's brightest and most popular stars.

Reaction score
No they don't need to be. They aren't big enough and they are fine as they are now. They are for-sure Hall of Famers, regardless of being "main eventers" or not. Their style is much more suited for the mid-card, where they belong. And that's where they'll go down in history.

Sting!

Reaction score
I wouldnt quite put HOF into perspection yet.Thats like depriving them of years of wrestling for both of them.

Defiant One

Reaction score
OK I think Matt is obviously closer to being a maineventer as opposed to Jeff. Matt is in my opinion very capable of being a maineventer. He just needs to be built up that way. An example of what I mean Edge. When he and Christian initially broke away from each other Edge didnt necessarily fit in with HHH, Stone Cold, Angle, Rock, Taker or Eddie, but over time a year or two later he did after proper feuds, and establishing his niche. Of course Edge's mic skills are much better than Matt's but still you get my point. to me I think Matt is kinda where Edge was in 02 before his neck injury or 04 when he returned. Matt needs some high level feuds and he can make the jump. As far as Jeff if RVD can get a World Title reign I think Jeff is just as capable.