Royal Rumble Will...Japan dominate the 2018 Royal Rumble?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So, this is something that kind of hit me the other day after watching RAW and more so that segment towards the end involving Asuka her announcing her entry in the first ever Woman's Royal Rumble before taking Alexa Bliss out with that sick kick of hers. This is also a point that I have not heard or read anywhere else over the past couple of weeks since the Woman's Royal Rumble was announced and, believe me, I had the opportunity to listen to several recognized podcasts while also surfing around the various news websites that cover WWE, more so out of curiosity to see if anyone else had thought about this or mentioned it in any way, shape or form.

As most of you are well aware, I have been "advocating" for Shinsuke Nakamura to win the 2018 Men's Royal Rumble for the past 4-5 months (at least, if not even more) and I'm pretty sure I ain't the only one that thinks this would be the right call for WWE to make. For one, this would be the perfect way to get Nakamura some steam after the very bad booking he's received for the past few months (basically ever since his main roster debut) making him feel almost irrelavant and at the same time, it would also set up the dream match that us the majority of fans would love to see at Wrestlemania: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. AJ Styles for the WWE Championship. Tell me that ain't gold right there...

Meanwhile, as soon as the official announcement for the first ever Woman's Royal Rumble was made last week by Stephanie (in that horrible segment, I might add), you might remember my immediate reaction the very next morning when commeting on the ratings thread. For those that did not check it out, my exact words were "congratulations to the women, Asuka better win the damn thing"...

...which brings me to my point. So I'd love to see Nakamura win and I'd also love to see Asuka win....What are the odds that WWE would go ahead and book two Japanese superstars to dominate that Sunday evening of the 28th of January by having both win the respective Royal Rumbles?

Just to be clear and I cannot stretch this enough, this has absolutely nothing to do with race so let's get that out of the way. Besides, I've been posting in these forums long enough and I'm quite certain I have never caused such conroversy but anyway, just to be on the safe side and - once again - I figured I'd make that perfectly clear just to avoid any possible misunderstanding.

What I am trying to say in other words is, what are the odds WWE basically book the same outcome twice in one night? There's obviously no law against and I for one would be just fine if both Asuka and Nakamura were to win but the problem is, I'm not exactly sure WWE are thinking the same. Hopefully I'm wrong but after all these years of being a fan and knowing how WWE tend to operate, I feel that their view will be along the lines of "we can't have two stars of the same......(enter whatever nationality you please....win both rumbles; that would be repetitive booking".

That being said and the more I think about it, the more I feel either Asuka or Nakamura are going to get the wrong end of the stick.

In my humble opinion, both need to win. Asuka for the very obvious reason of having to stay undefeated and Nakamura because as mentioned above, I think this would be the best way to revitalize his career, aside from setting up the match we all want to eventually see.

In Asuka's case, the frustrating part is they could have her get eliminated while at the same time "protecting" her if, say, several of her opponents were to gang on her. They could then say that "oh, it took 4,5 or 6 woman at the same time to eliminate Asuka" and there's no pinning or submission predicaments so...there you go....

Mind you this is the first ever Woman's Royal Rumble so the first to win is obviously a really big deal. More reason do give that honor to the undefeated Asuke, you'd ask? Hell yeah, if it were up to me but can't help but to wonder if WWE have someone else in mind for that spot...

In Nakamura's case, you know Philly would go wild if here were to win...I can already hear the massive pop....problem is, this is what the majority of fans WANT and we all know how "giving" WWE is in these situations. Then again, if theres an upside here, it's the fact that this year's Elimination Chamber PPV is a RAW exclusive one and being that we already know Brock ain't scheduled to be defending the title that night, that would make the main event a number one contender match for the Universal Champion and...yeah...we all know who's winning that one, don't we? So basically, that would mean that a Smackdown guy should win the Royal Rumble, which should give Nakamura decent chances....

Definetely looking forward to your comments and thoughts...

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I just don't see them not having the men's RR winner be either John Cena or Randy Orton, and I doubt Shinsuke will be in the title match at WrestleMania. But I definitely think Asuka is the favourite to win the women's RR - which is why there is a part of me that thinks she won't as she is the obvious choice. Regardless of what I think will happen, I want John Cena and Becky Lynch to win their respective Rumble matches.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Shinsuke doesn't belong in WWE.. It's not his style, WWE doesn't know how to book somebody like him if they can't speak... He's a great talent... over in Japan. Thats where he belongs, Shinsuke is someone who should've stayed in Japan and WWE went after The Bucks or somebody.

Whether you agree or not, it's the 100% truth, that's why he hasn't done anything on the main roster.. They can't build up a main-event feud for Mania when 1 guy could barely speak English.

Reactions: JBan