Will Christopher Daniels ever win a world title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
But Daniels' run wouldn't be a token run

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
But Daniels' run wouldn't be a token run
How can you say that without advance knowledge of what it would be? And you just said earlier that he "deserves" the belt. What's more token than giving a belt to a guy for his year's of service? Tbh, Daniels is in the same trap that Christian has been in over in WWE (and that Dolph may find himself in as well). He's just WAY too good at making others look better to be given a meaningful run with the top belt.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
How can you say that without advance knowledge of what it would be? And you just said earlier that he "deserves" the belt. What's more token than giving a belt to a guy for his year's of service? Tbh, Daniels is in the same trap that Christian has been in over in WWE (and that Dolph may find himself in as well). He's just WAY too good at making others look better to be given a meaningful run with the top belt.
I don't think you should be held back for making others look good, eventually someone should return the favor.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I don't think you should be held back for making others look good, eventually someone should return the favor.
For sure, I'm not agreeing with the philosophy but I can't deny it exists and is used in both WWE and TNA constantly. Funnily enough, Flair was a long-running champion for the exact reason that he could make others look great (a lot of guys had their best match with him) yet that seems to be forgotten these days. In the case of Daniels, I can't trust that TNA wouldn't just give him the token run and since I love him I'd rather not see that happen.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
For sure, I'm not agreeing with the philosophy but I can't deny it exists and is used in both WWE and TNA constantly. Funnily enough, Flair was a long-running champion for the exact reason that he could make others look great (a lot of guys had their best match with him) yet that seems to be forgotten these days. In the case of Daniels, I can't trust that TNA wouldn't just give him the token run and since I love him I'd rather not see that happen.
Back in Flair's day they remembered making others look good is what made the promotion look good.

If this was the beginning of his career I'd agree I'd rather not have a Chris Sabin style token run that could ruin their chances at being seen as a top talent down the line, however with this being the end of the road almost for Daniels, I can't see how a Mark Henry style "thank you" run could hurt him at all. Regardless of how it happens and how it long it lasts, it would be nice to see former world champion on his wiki page.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
They still gotta face each other in the BFG series, but then again, AJ in the series and he's not supposed to be challenging for the World title this year so fuck continuity.

As for a World title reign, I'm not a fan of guys getting the belt because of "years of service" as the belt should be for the top guys who people pay to see. That being said, TNA gave Chris Sabin a reign, and tbh no one really moves the dial in TNA anyway so I can't see why Daniels shouldn't get a run.

With AJ it's he couldn't get a title shot til BFG 2013, so if he wins then he gets the title shot the first chance he is allowed to get.

Anyway, with Daniels hopefully he.can get a good run with the title, at least 2-3 months would be good for me.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2