Will Christopher Daniels ever win a world title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Seriously how overdue is this guy? He's been pouring his heart into TNA for all these years yet he still hasn't had a run with the top prize. He's a 4 time X Division Champion and 8 Time Tag Team Champion so he knows what gold tastes like but not the biggest gold in the company. At 41 years old and 20 years in the business, there comes a time when he's gonna have to hang it up. After everything he's done for TNA, do you guys think he'll get a world title under his belt or retire without reaching the top of the mountain?

Castiel

Reaction score
Seems he's just destined to be one of the guys that never wins it. TNA probably decided years ago that they needed their own Roddy Piper type that people can look back on and say "how did he never win the world title?" and that just so happened to be Daniels. He's been in and out of the company so much over the years though that he seems to just have missed his chance and now it's probably too late.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
At his age no but stranger things have happened. I would also think he knows this and is fine with it. He gets plenty of tv time and is great when on. If ye wins it, it will be a thank you for all he has done and he will relish it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sabretooth

Reaction score
He deserves it. I don't personally think its fair he hasn't had one. However, if he's fine with it then good for him but you'd think TNA would be grateful.

Alex Scott

Metrosexual New Owner
Reaction score
I would love it if he wins the World Title. He deserves it without a doubt. He is one of, if not the, most entertaining guy in TNA. But, I don't see TNA giving him that respect. Of course, I used to believe that about Sabin and he got a shot. But, the thing going against Daniels is time. He might not look his age, but 20 years in the ring and 41 years of life have to take its toll on the body. Who knows when he finally feels it's time to give it up.

Joey

Reaction score
Wow. 41? He's in fucking magnificent shape.

And yeah, I'd love to see Daniels win the World Title, but the thing is, at this point, what is the TNA World Title even worth?

I mean, he's made his mark in TNA and he will forever be remembered as a guy who stuck with them since day one. I don't think he needs the World Title, because in my opinion, he's above that.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Wow. 41? He's in fucking magnificent shape.

And yeah, I'd love to see Daniels win the World Title, but the thing is, at this point, what is the TNA World Title even worth?

I mean, he's made his mark in TNA and he will forever be remembered as a guy who stuck with them since day one. I don't think he needs the World Title, because in my opinion, he's above that.

That's why he's sexually delicious :lol: how old did you think he was

Alex Scott

Metrosexual New Owner
Reaction score
I agree with Carson. When I first found out how old he was, I was flabbergasted.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
How old did you think he was.

Joey

Reaction score
Well, i mean i would have guessed like 37-38. But its not the age that i was surprised with. I'm just surprised that hes in such good shape for 41.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Daniels is one of the most entertaining guys on the roster and always busts his ass for the company.

On top of that I think he's putting on some of the best performances of his career.

I think if anything he should get that thank you reign before he hangs it up. He deserves that much.

I would perosnally have Daniels take it from AJ Styles sometime next year after AJ regains it from Bully.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Remember Daniels and AJ will never fight again... I'm surprised TNA has stuck with it for this long :lol:

Daniels taking it from AJ would be the ultimate payoff but I hope Daniels is a face if that ever happens

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Remember Daniels and AJ will never fight again... I'm surprised TNA has stuck with it for this long :lol:

Daniels taking it from AJ would be the ultimate payoff but I hope Daniels is a face if that ever happens
I didn't even remember that stipulation. Still, I'd love to see Daniels win the title in 2014.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

They still gotta face each other in the BFG series, but then again, AJ in the series and he's not supposed to be challenging for the World title this year so fuck continuity.

As for a World title reign, I'm not a fan of guys getting the belt because of "years of service" as the belt should be for the top guys who people pay to see. That being said, TNA gave Chris Sabin a reign, and tbh no one really moves the dial in TNA anyway so I can't see why Daniels shouldn't get a run.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Sabretooth said:
However, if he's fine with it then good for him but you'd think TNA would be grateful.
They are. That's why he's always prominently featured on their programming and in many of their major angles. As Carson said, he's above the title, and I'm sure he's well aware of that. I'd rather be Daniels and have the career I've had without a title than a stupid token title run like Sabin had that meant nothing in the grand scheme of things.