• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yeah no surprise really. Every time I've watched TNA Angle has been in the main event, I don't care though because even at his age he's still an incredible wrestler. Never seen Crimson or Matt Morgan. I've heard so many good things about Roode, watched him a couple of times too. I enjoy Mr Anderson's promos, as I always have.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Crimson is undefeated since he joined over a year ago, Morgan is his partner. Here they are winning the tag titles on their first match together (nice superplex by Crimson and Morgan finisher is great too)

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Wow, they're huge. Morgan moves around great for a guy his size, looks pretty green in the ring though.

Yeah he is green, if they could develop him into a decent wrestler he could be better. I don't think he has a "gimmick" as such either. I'd maybe place a manager on him and turn him into a Rocky 4 type guy (The russian).

Phenom1

Jobber
Reaction score
Eric Bischoff and Hogan still run things behind the scenes. On screen Sting is the authority figure. I think those two are just a dent in the companies payroll. TNA could hire better wrestlers if they quit wasting money on washed up wrestling personalities.

Keep Sting, but get rid of Bischoff, Hogan, Flair. Bring in Paul Heyman to work behind the scenes and he would do a better job then Bischoff and the company would save money.

Then you would have the budget to raid the independent scene or bring some international stars and get closer to competing with WWE. Which even then they wouldn't be close to competing.

What works for them right now is the deals they have with AAA, CMLL from Mexico.

Regarding AJ he seems to have gotten a bit of a push as of late facing Roode for the world title and he seems to have a lot of loyalty for TNA. I'm not sure he would jump ship.

Samoa Joe's situation is different as he has been depushed and not really been given much attention as of late. I think he could possibly make the jump in the future to the WWE when his contract expires.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Only way is if guys like Stone Cold Steve Austin or Legends push for it.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share these they both were in the WWE or at least appeared on TV:

Anyway I can't see either going tbh. AJ seems to be very loyal to TNA and Samoa Joe is past it he lacks motivation and looks really out of shape now. If he got into his ROH shape then he could go over and be huge.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
Just thought I'd share these they both were in the WWE or at least appeared on TV:

Anyway I can't see either going tbh. AJ seems to be very loyal to TNA and Samoa Joe is past it he lacks motivation and looks really out of shape now. If he got into his ROH shape then he could go over and be huge.

Stone Cold has been pushing Joe to go to WWE and they might listen.
Also most of the Samoans are out of shape. But Joe is very athletic for his shape and size. Watch one of his matches with Kurt Angle.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
Stone Cold has been pushing Joe to go to WWE and they might listen.
Also most of the Samoans are out of shape. But Joe is very athletic for his shape and size. Watch one of his matches with Kurt Angle.

I've seen alot of samoa joe lol I've been a fan since his 2nd match vs Punk in ROH. I even made a thread about him featuring some of his early work in the X division. I meant compare this :
joetrio.jpg

to this
58eedabfd427cf0b51b0320d3b76f65f.jpg

Which is more marketable?

He can still move well but WWE is a very aesthetic company even punk had to bulk up abit before signing and he's a better speaker then Joe.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Phenom said:
Eric Bischoff and Hogan still run things behind the scenes. On screen Sting is the authority figure. I think those two are just a dent in the companies payroll. TNA could hire better wrestlers if they quit wasting money on washed up wrestling personalities.

Keep Sting, but get rid of Bischoff, Hogan, Flair. Bring in Paul Heyman to work behind the scenes and he would do a better job then Bischoff and the company would save money.

Then you would have the budget to raid the independent scene or bring some international stars and get closer to competing with WWE. Which even then they wouldn't be close to competing.

What works for them right now is the deals they have with AAA, CMLL from Mexico.

Regarding AJ he seems to have gotten a bit of a push as of late facing Roode for the world title and he seems to have a lot of loyalty for TNA. I'm not sure he would jump ship.

Samoa Joe's situation is different as he has been depushed and not really been given much attention as of late. I think he could possibly make the jump in the future to the WWE when his contract expires.

Good post, I especially agree with the bolded part. I've always said it, Hogan's ego is enough to destroy something good, I don't really know too much about bischoff to comment. TNA could be great, it has the fans who are loud most of the time, and it has the freedom to do and say as they please.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
I've seen alot of samoa joe lol I've been a fan since his 2nd match vs Punk in ROH. I even made a thread about him featuring some of his early work in the X division. I meant compare this :
joetrio.jpg

to this
58eedabfd427cf0b51b0320d3b76f65f.jpg

Which is more marketable?

He can still move well but WWE is a very aesthetic company even punk had to bulk up abit before signing and he's a better speaker then Joe.

Joe is actually pretty good on the mic, like when he did his shoot on Scott Hall.
But he will probably have to get a bit in shape, but one of the Uso's are getting fatter too.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
Joe is actually pretty good on the mic, like when he did his shoot on Scott Hall.
But he will probably have to get a bit in shape, but one of the Uso's are getting fatter too.

I enjoyed that shoot and all but he's not cut many other memorable promos for me. He's not like punk was when he was firing great promos all threw his ROH run and he's beat the silent monster character to death imo.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
I enjoyed that shoot and all but he's not cut many other memorable promos for me. He's not like punk was when he was firing great promos all threw his ROH run and he's beat the silent monster character to death imo.

Well because many of us don't watch TNA in that manner LOL!
Plus he has the mic skills, that's for sure.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
Well because many of us don't watch TNA in that manner LOL!
Plus he has the mic skills, that's for sure.

I don't get what you mean by the first point lol.
Can you give any examples of his mic work beside the turning point shoot?