Wild Card Tag Tournament

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So this week TNA began a Wild Card Tag Tournament to determine the new number one contenders for Morgan and Crimson's titles. We were instantly treated to some intriguing pairings such as Abyss and Scott Steiner (who have an angle of their own going right now) or Samoa Joe and Magnus (a nice dynamic of the loner and the egotist working together to accomplish a common goal). Oh yeah, and we also got a team with an incredible amount of comic potential in EY and ODB.

I was initially hesitant to the idea but I have to admit it was nice seeing so many people get a chance to appear on an episode of Impact (even if the matches were short) and am now warmed up to the prospect of seeing more interesting and unique pairings. Considering the amount of workers on the roster and the short time they have to expose them, I think this tournament is a pretty good idea. What about you guys?

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I think it's a great idea...it's different, and at the same time, experimental. You never know what random tag pairing might hit it off with the crowd and become a hot commodity. The dynamics of the matches can change at random, it's kind of exciting.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think it's a great idea...it's different, and at the same time, experimental. You never know what random tag pairing might hit it off with the crowd and become a hot commodity. The dynamics of the matches can change at random, it's kind of exciting.
TBH I've always kind of liked Wild Card Tag Tournaments. Ever since WCW had the Lethal Lottery.

It's a fun concept that sometimes leads to a surprising turn of events. You never know when you might find the next Beer Money.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah it's very different people trying to win a title. It's a cool idea. Like you said fuji it brings a lot of people on tv. Can they put their egos aside and work together. Are the titles that important. And most importantly how long until abyss beats Scott Steiner to a pulp :lol:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah it's very different people trying to win a title. It's a cool idea. Like you said fuji it brings a lot of people on tv. Can they put their egos aside and work together. Are the titles that important. And most importantly how long until abyss beats Scott Steiner to a pulp :lol:

I'm going to guess until next week. There's no way those two can co-exist for very long, but it will be fun when it happens. As I said (and you mentioned again as well) the most important thing is that we see a bunch of people that we haven't seen for awhile. Great way to expose everyone. Now if they could all get some matches after the tournament is over, things will be even better in TNA-land.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I liked this idea when TNA did it before and still do it's a nice fun little idea and I've been did something like it on my games before. I very much hope to see a great tag team form and stay because of this idea also :) Isn't this how we got Matt Morgan and Hernandez for awhile at one point?

Kushikimi

Reaction score
This is a great idea from the point of view that TNA gets the chance to use a lot of their talents and showcase them and see which pairing could lead up to be a great tag-team in the near future.

I don't know how many pairings they would make... but for once I would like to see a pairing of Kaz and Kid Kash for some reason I would like to see them work together at least one match. Another pairing I would like to see is Austin Aries with either Kendrick, Shelley or Sabin (considering the last two are now able to compete since I don't know if they are injured or what)