Why weren't some scenes filmed differently?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I've been a cinema buff for many years. I've made it one of my keenest personal interests and I still enjoy a good flick, but truth be told, my attachment to the film industry is weakening. At times, I feel like films don't carry out scenes as effectively as they should and this tends to leave me a little uncomfortable.

I'd like to explore why sometimes some action sequences aren't performed in a way that makes sense, so I can keep my love for the cinema alive. It's still an important part of my life, but nowadays, I sort of sense that cinema is slowly fading away and won't be with us in the next fifteen years or so.

Let's start with Rogue One. In one of the final scenes, the rebel ship that evacuates Princess Leia and carries with it the technical readouts of the Death Star departs the mother-ship it belongs to. Darth Vader had successfully boarded the mother-ship and was on his way to force his way into the escape ship, when it disembarks. He lets it get away, neglecting to use his technology or the force to continue the pursuit.

For those of you who don't know, Darth Vader wears a pressurized suit, made of several tough layers of insulating material and an internal body temperature regulation system that adapts to all known atmospheric conditions to make sure his body heat is kept in check. He also has an internal oxygen reservoir that can sustain him for up to one hour in a vacuum. He wears magnetic boots that can adhere to most known metals and his command of the force allows him to glide in the zero-g of space.

So, with such means at his disposal, Vader could easily have leapt out into space, driven himself towards the fleeing ship and used his mag boots to stick to the hull, cut his way into the ship using his light saber, or use the force to breech the hull, enter the ship and continue his assault.

Why didn't he do this?

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Redboy123@

Reaction score
So the question is less about filmmaking but more about the logic of the fictional world of Star Wars. Cuz I bet that their are many illogical moments in the first star wars in 197-whatever.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Why didn't he do this?
Because Disney only care about milking the Star Wars
franchise for every drop of sweet cash they can...

Because the entire Vader/Leia bullshit was stapled on
to the end of Rogue 1 so fanboys would pop erections
& like a film filled with boring characters & the most
predictable ending in film history.

SPOILER ALERT: THEY GET THE PLANS!

Not that they needed them anyway...just hyperdrive an
X-Wing or 2 into the Death Star...problem solved...

*Cough* The Last Jedi *Cough*

Also because people (no matter who they are) floating
through space without a rocket pack looks fucking dumb...

*Cough* The Last Jedi *Cough*

Also this post is in the wrong section...

Also...no one take the time to explain to me how I'm wrong...
I don't need to read desperate Star Wars fans explaining away
plot holes for the film makers.

Its actually really sad & pathetic...

I have better things to do...like experiment with autoerotic
asphyxiation.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Star wars is fucking dumb its about aliens and shit. It's not supposed to be taken seriously and deeply analysed. It is a fucking kids movie.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
tumblr_mewjgknsbo1rlapeio1_500.gif

Yes...its for kids...

I've heard that excuse before...a thousand times...

Got anything else?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Yes...its for kids...

I've heard that excuse before...a thousand times...

Got anything else?
Yh its not an excuse. An excuse for what? Kids movie for kids so don't treat it like something else and question the physics of something not to be taken seriously.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I've been a cinema buff for many years. I've made it one of my keenest personal interests and I still enjoy a good flick, but truth be told, my attachment to the film industry is weakening. At times, I feel like films don't carry out scenes as effectively as they should and this tends to leave me a little uncomfortable.

I'd like to explore why sometimes some action sequences aren't performed in a way that makes sense, so I can keep my love for the cinema alive. It's still an important part of my life, but nowadays, I sort of sense that cinema is slowly fading away and won't be with us in the next fifteen years or so.

Let's start with Rogue One. In one of the final scenes, the rebel ship that evacuates Princess Leia and carries with it the technical readouts of the Death Star departs the mother-ship it belongs to. Darth Vader had successfully boarded the mother-ship and was on his way to force his way into the escape ship, when it disembarks. He lets it get away, neglecting to use his technology or the force to continue the pursuit.

For those of you who don't know, Darth Vader wears a pressurized suit, made of several tough layers of insulating material and an internal body temperature regulation system that adapts to all known atmospheric conditions to make sure his body heat is kept in check. He also has an internal oxygen reservoir that can sustain him for up to one hour in a vacuum. He wears magnetic boots that can adhere to most known metals and his command of the force allows him to glide in the zero-g of space.

So, with such means at his disposal, Vader could easily have leapt out into space, driven himself towards the fleeing ship and used his mag boots to stick to the hull, cut his way into the ship using his light saber, or use the force to breech the hull, enter the ship and continue his assault.

Why didn't he do this?
Because that knowledge was not known when the original star wars movie came out. The last Rogue One scene is actually one of the first scenes shown in Episode 4 but just recreated and brought to the modern era.

Reactions: Paul Diaz-Berrio

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

Redboy123@

Reaction score
So...because its "for kids" (or so you say) it
doesn't need to follow any rules at all?
Sci-Fi doesn't need to follow the rules of physics. That's the whole point

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I would say the entire franchise was made for adults with kids in mind, not solely just for kids. If they made it just for one or the other, it likely wouldn't have done so well. You can make more money off of a franchise when you appeal to both children and adults.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I would say the entire franchise was made for adults with kids in mind, not solely just for kids. If they made it just for one or the other, it likely wouldn't have done so well. You can make more money off of a franchise when you appeal to both children and adults.
Not denying that. Still for kids though. Also the fact it's about a war in space means you are not supposed to question the bullshit aeronautics or whatever.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Not denying that. Still for kids though. Also the fact it's about a war in space means you are not supposed to question the bullshit aeronautics or whatever.
I haven't watched any of the new ones. I watched episode 1-6 and that is enough for me. The newer ones may be more "kid friendly" than the older ones. No way for me to know. It is science fiction so there are no rules except the ones they make for the story.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Sci-Fi doesn't need to follow the rules of physics. That's the whole point
But...its SCIENCE Fiction...not Fiction Fiction...

Okay...so your happy with any bullshit just to
happen without any explanation & ignoring
previously established rules in a fictional
Universe?

Okay...good for you...

My brain doesn't have a "Shut Off & enjoy
the Pretty Colors" mode...so I guess I'm stuck
complaining.

Live & Learn I guess...

Have fun with the FICTION fiction...

Now...where did I put that leather belt of mine?

Oh...& someone moved the thread...Nice work
whoever did that...

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I haven't watched any of the new ones. I watched episode 1-6 and that is enough for me. The newer ones may be more "kid friendly" than the older ones. No way for me to know. It is science fiction so there are no rules except the ones they make for the story.
Yep.

Okay...so your happy with any bullshit just to
happen without any explanation & ignoring
previously established rules in a fictional
Universe?
Never said you should abandon narrative and continuity logic. Just said don't worry about how the non existent science behind the functions of a lightsaber...cuz its a stupid kids Sci-Fi movie. Putting words in my mouth.