• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Why is Petey Williams...Scott Steiner?

Pepsi Plunge

Reaction score
Why is Petey Williams...Scott Steiner?

OK, this may push Williams up the ranks but why is he a guy that takes steroids to perform rather than be himself.

Yes, ever since he made the gimmick, he's become X-Division Champion but he can be himself like he was when he started in TNA until he became this gimmick and now he has a...bad...valet, Rhaka Khan.

I liked it at the start since I thought Petey would be getting pushed up the ranks but he's still in the X-Division and all he has feuded with is Lethal, Creed, Kaz, and now Bashir.

Why can't they make him be himself and make him have his old "classic" matches like when he faced AJ and Daniels back in 2005.

So what do you guys think? DISCUSS...

Evil Austin

ok well where you were in the first half on 08 I don't know but you definately were not watching TNA - Basically long story short Steiner and that girl the black girl were training Williams to be like him a freak of nature and go through all of these challenges adn some wher ejust ridiculas eventually he was given the ok by Steiner and passed - he then won the title.

Pepsi Plunge

Reaction score
ok well where you were in the first half on 08 I don't know but you definately were not watching TNA - Basically long story short Steiner and that girl the black girl were training Williams to be like him a freak of nature and go through all of these challenges adn some wher ejust ridiculas eventually he was given the ok by Steiner and passed - he then won the title.

Yeah...I kinda missed the first half because I had cable problems. Sorry for the confusion. Continue...

chessarmy

I think the gimmick helped give him more of a personality, but its stupid at the same time. Petey Williams should be his own man, why would he want to imitate a has been who can't go in the ring anymore? Hopefully Petey Williams goes back to being The Canadian Destroyer again

phantomgerald

He needs a new gimmick, because the Canadian and the coolest finisher thing wasn't being taken very seriously. But then again, neither is Scott Steiner.

ringo_shells

Reaction score
am i the only one annoyed by the TNA theme of reusing old gimmicks?? ...and being blatant about it?

i mean ...jay lethal....petey williams....

and they cant openly say it like the other two, but abyss is a poor mans kane....

i mean reusing old tried n true gimmicks is fine, but its how obvious it is that annoys me.

Switchy

Reaction score
I hate the Scott Steiner character on him but Petey Williams needs some sort of character because before he had one nearly everything about him was boring except his matches. I'd give him a sorta "proud Canadian" gimmick and have him team up with Sheik against the Americans in the X-Division because when he was in Team Canada that was probably when I enjoyed his work the most so that's just my input.

Austin_316

Reaction score
I am a newcomer to TNA only been watching it the last 3 months but i see he has everything Steiner had. They have made Petey Williams Steiner and really it's a different look but why make someone else into someone they already have? Why couldn't they have just trained him up to be himself rather than a "freak" like Steiner? I think over the next year Williams should become himself again but recognise what Steiner has done for him.

LadyHotrod

am i the only one annoyed by the TNA theme of reusing old gimmicks?? ...and being blatant about it?

i mean ...jay lethal....petey williams....

and they cant openly say it like the other two, but abyss is a poor mans kane....
i mean reusing old tried n true gimmicks is fine, but its how obvious it is that annoys me.

Um.....don't you think he's more of a Mankind rip off?.....

Moonlight Drive

^^Well you could go as far to say Kane is also a semi-Mankind ripoff, both have fairly similiar gimmicks (well had)

But yeah, Abyss is more of a poor mans Mankind.