Hell in a Cell Why haven't they...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Ever had a Hell in a Cell/Ladder mixed match where the title is hanging ABOVE the cell and both competitors have to climb it, then they have to set up one of ladders that have been pre-placed on the cell, and climb it to win.

I mean apart from the fact that it sounds really dangerous. But I'm sure Foley would have been down for a match like this.

Imagine that after throwing his opponent off the cell, instead of wanting to jump down on his opponent, Shane wants to climb the ladder to win.

shane-mcmahon-cell.jpg

DualShock

Jobber
Reaction score
WCW did something similar at Slamboree 2000, if you look at the match it is only spectacular on paper. In today's WWE where HIAC matches have become more like regular matches with a cage surrounded instead of a really brutal match type I think it's not worth it to risk the health of wrestlers. Instead of adding stuff to the PG version of HIAC I would rather have "regular" HIAC matches back that were bloody battles like @Bad Blood 1997 & 2004

Reactions: bullyballmm

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Eh, I'm not really a fan of blood. Having a match booked with blood = bladejob galore

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
The only spot people would care to see in that match would be having someone on the ladder on the cell, and having that ladder pushed over, sending that person over the edge of the cell and probably through tables or some shit. Which is incredibly dangerous and dumb, and that's coming from me, so that should say something right there xD. As Dual mentioned above, they did the triple cage at Slamboree (which is odd, because you figure Vince Russo's supposed number one fan would've referenced the one where Russo competed ;)) and Kanyon got thrown off the top of the first cage and ended up injured. So I could only imagine how badly someone would get hurt in the Ladder on a Cell match.

I don't think I'd mind seeing a ladder match inside of the Cell, however, with the belt being hung from the top of the cell and working like a normal ladder match. But I really wouldn't honestly seeing the point of even bothering to do that

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The only spot people would care to see in that match would be having someone on the ladder on the cell, and having that ladder pushed over, sending that person over the edge of the cell and probably through tables or some shit. Which is incredibly dangerous and dumb

Owen Hart would have done it

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Owen Hart would have done it
This joke is like, right on the line of where clever dark/tasteless humor ends and unfunny edginess solely for shock factor begins. I feel like your joke may actually even be a bit... dare I say... Over the Edge? (case in point ;))

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I was umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether or not to post it, and whether to give the "What, too soon?" snarky thing to end it on

I felt bad about it but your lame pun makes me feel better.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
I was umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether or not to post it, and whether to give the "What, too soon?" snarky thing to end it on

I felt bad about it but your lame pun makes me feel better.
Fair enough. I'm not personally offended by it, as it takes a whole lot to do that. But I know a lot of people who would be. My "tip" was disguised as a joke, but it's actually a pretty sound bit of advice in my experience. If you're gonna go dark or edgy with your comedy, be creative with it, don't always go with the easy joke, yknow? Plenty of people are capable of saying offensive things. It takes some clever thinking to be offensive and still be funny to the people who should find it offensive in the first place.

(for the record, my joke sucked too, it was just a quick example. In general, Owen Hart jokes are just unfunny nowadays, not even because they're offensive, but just because there's not much to joke about. The same thing can only be said so many times before no one cares anymore. Hence why I generally hate on memes. But hey, humor is subjective, so feel free to tell me to fuck off if you don't agree :))

Reactions: bullyballmm

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
That's fair, but I haven't heard any Owen Hart jokes before. I guess I am just not active enough on wrestling forums/social media to see them.

Anyway, back on topic - I don't know why they haven't had a ladder match inside of the cell with the title hanging off of the cell roof before...

More HiaC X Other Match ideas:
-Royal Rumble but with a cell. Same thing re: entrants going in entering the match, but instead of over-the-top-rope elimination, it is throw your opponents through the cell door to eliminate them
-HiaC on a pole match: Similar to my HiaC ladder idea - Have a pole protruding from a corner of the top of the cell, with whatever is meant to be on it (contract, briefcase, Judy Bagwell etc.)
-Steel Cage inside HiaC :Not sure the height differences between the steel cages the WWE uses and the cell they use. For added fun, have a cage inside a cell inside the Elimination Chamber - Imagine wrestlers exiting their pod and trying to make their way to the ring

• Haha
Reactions: Jeffry Mason

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
That's fair, but I haven't heard any Owen Hart jokes before. I guess I am just not active enough on wrestling forums/social media to see them.
Really? Ive heard them for the past 20 years, both online and irl. I doubt there's an Owen joke that I havent heard before somewhere.

Steel Cage inside HiaC :Not sure the height differences between the steel cages the WWE uses and the cell they use.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

Anyway, back on topic - I don't know why they haven't had a ladder match inside of the cell with the title hanging off of the cell roof before...

More HiaC X Other Match ideas:
-Royal Rumble but with a cell. Same thing re: entrants going in entering the match, but instead of over-the-top-rope elimination, it is throw your opponents through the cell door to eliminate them
-HiaC on a pole match: Similar to my HiaC ladder idea - Have a pole protruding from a corner of the top of the cell, with whatever is meant to be on it (contract, briefcase, Judy Bagwell etc.)
-Steel Cage inside HiaC :Not sure the height differences between the steel cages the WWE uses and the cell they use. For added fun, have a cage inside a cell inside the Elimination Chamber - Imagine wrestlers exiting their pod and trying to make their way to the ring
Hey Base, have you thought about getting in contact with the people who run DDT, FREEDOMS, BASARA, or BJW with your ideas?

• Haha
Reactions: Jeffry Mason

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Hey Base, have you thought about getting in contact with the people who run DDT, FREEDOMS, BASARA, or BJW with your ideas?
Wow Seth. I thought you were a fan of Japanese wrestling. This post of yours makes it seem like you want half of them dead or crippled xD

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Spoiler: Already done, plus dogs

Oh yeah I've heard about the Kennel from Hell match, never seen it before though. Didn't realise they had two "cages" basically. We need more dogs in wrestling :reigns6:

I'm too tired to figure out whether this is a genuine question or some sarcastic response because these promotions might have done stuff like this before

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley