Why Going After Bob Knight isnt exactly a bad thing...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
I'll admit, a lot...no..most of the ideas TNA comes up with, leads to me shaking my head in disgust, but unlike some, I give credit where credit is due. When I first read the words "TNA in talks with former Basketball Coach" the first thing I did was palm my face in embarrassment. After reading some of the negative replies, it dawned on me. Whether negative or positive, the fact that Bob Knight of all people sparked a discussion is a positive in itself. Word of mouth plays important role in the success of TNA. WWE, WCW, and ECW collectively pulled these same stunts in the past. Mike Tyson, Karl Malone, Pete Rose, Drew Carey, are all names that have been used to generate attention in the past.

So all in all, though Knight has no experience in the wrestling business, he's a highly popular sports figure. Acquiring Knight will lead to media attention, media attention will lead to exposure, which is exactly what TNA needs.

Of course, signing Knight will not elevate ratings or anything, but its not necessarily a horrible move.

PeepShow

lol, wasn't this exactly what I said in previous posts?

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Exposure leads to ratings! ;) He may be useless, but he'll get TNA some advertising.

Now, if TNA would spend all this money on advertising themselves instead of hiring other people to theoretically do it for them, they'd be in business. >.>

phantomgerald

Now tell me Rell, how exactly do you coach TNA wrestlers?

Kaedon

Reaction score
I disagree. There is such a thing as bad publicity, there is also such a thing as STUPID publicity. Kinda like when the WWE let Drew Fucking Carey in the Royal Rumble. IT IS FUCKING STUPID! There are times when bringing in celebs is good, this isnt one of them.

C4

WWE did some of that stuff earlier in the 90's, but TNA has a coach; it's just something else man! come on.. admit it. It's not really going to get TNA any advertising or something..

The Rated R CMStar

Rell, by your theory then, signing Pacman Jones was also a good move. Because he got us talking and gave TNA expusure.

Rell

Reaction score
Rell, by your theory then, signing Pacman Jones was also a good move. Because he got us talking and gave TNA expusure.

Has ratings increased after the Pacman fiasco? 2 months ago, was TNA consistently putting up 1.2's, not to mention breaking there own previous records? Exactly. 1.2 isn't a drastic improvement, but its an improvement none the less.

About the "coaching players"...uh...wtf

What exactly do you mean Gerald? I didn't exactly read the entire thing on Bob Knight because I really didn't care to do so, but coaching players? Thats sounds a bit odd. I thought he's be a commentator or something lol.

I disagree. There is such a thing as bad publicity, there is also such a thing as STUPID publicity. Kinda like when the WWE let Drew Fucking Carey in the Royal Rumble. IT IS FUCKING STUPID! There are times when bringing in celebs is good, this isnt one of them.

So exactly when is it a "good" time? When WWE brought in Lawrence Taylor it was a great time, when WWE brought in K-Fed, it was a great time, when WWE brought in Pete Rose, you guessed it...GREAT TIME. However, TNA signing anyone is a horrible time.

Bad TNA!!!

*points at Dixie*

PeepShow

Now tell me Rell, how exactly do you coach TNA wrestlers?

Ummmmm, tell me what Kevin Nash did from about Sept 06-June 07. Prolly something like that. I mean, thats what I would imagine it be like. IDK, just something to "help out" a wrestler. Pretty stupid, but it would no doubt get them exposure b/c it would hit most of the sports news.

Kaedon

Reaction score
So exactly when is it a "good" time? When WWE brought in Lawrence Taylor it was a great time, when WWE brought in K-Fed, it was a great time, when WWE brought in Pete Rose, you guessed it...GREAT TIME. However, TNA signing anyone is a horrible time.

Bad TNA!!!

*points at Dixie*

Mr. T was a great example. That shit brought in a TON of exposure to the WWE. The Pete Rose thing was good. LT was good but it wasnt something to fucking MAIN EVENT MANIA. What kinda bullshit was that. K-Fed, eh, it didn't do anything for the WWE and most fans won't remember it so that wasn't so good. The way WCW used Kevin Green and Mongo was done really well too. So I am not just bashing TNA, they aren't doing it right, and their ratings going up a whole .01 in the ratings is proof im right.

chessarmy

I think this is going to work alot better than Pacman Jones did. Hopefully he becomes a manager or something, either way TNA is getting some publicity from this

Rell

Reaction score
But is he actually signing? I thought it was just an offer, nothing more, nothing less.

chessarmy

^ well, since TNA hypes it up on TNA Today and probably at Against All Odds, then they must be pretty close to a done deal

Reaction score
So I am not just bashing TNA, they aren't doing it right, and their ratings going up a whole .01 in the ratings is proof im right.

that didn't prove anything about bobby knight. he hasn't come to the company yet . how can you say they're not doing it right, when you have no idea how he'll be used or brought in.

before you bash every plan TNA comes up with you should wait it out and see how they develop the story.

my prediction is he'll be used as a personal trainer type figure for the make belive muscle Petey Williams.