• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Why Friday?

Vandy316

Why in the world is Smackdown on a Friday night? It takes away from the High School football fans and players. Also, its the night that a lot of people go out on. The WWE never shouldve moved it. I hope that they change it back to Thursday when it changes to MyNetwork TV. Anybody else?

Kaedon

It shows how much the WWE think of the show really. Because historically Sunday and Thursdays are the times most people watch prime time TV.

Evil Austin

I remember when it was around 03 for a littlw hile on Saturday nights that was even worse going out on Saturday ? They don't think people do that - ><

MikeRaw

I liked Thursdays better as well. But, this is jjust a guess, btu I think since wwe tries to appeal to kids more now (the past few years), that they moved it to friday,s o kids can watch it. During the week, little kids (6-11) can't stay up til 10, but on a Friday they can.
But I want Thursday's back, and I also liked 9-11 better than 8-10

Mr.Enigma

I personally liked the Thursday nights better as well as the 9-11 shows versus 8-10. If they are going to do anything, put the show back on Thursdays and at the later time to maintain the viewers they have now and increase the ones they would normally lose on Friday nights to personal activities.

Ballin

Well, the ratings are fine and the only other good days would be Saturday or Wendesday. TNA's on Thrusday so why struggle with them and lose hardcore TNA fans. Then Sunday you have ppvs. And HS Football isn't all year-round, plus most people now a-days have Tivo. So I don't see the problem

chessarmy

The Friday night timeslot blows, yesterday I completely forgot about Smackdown! As if it never existed. That has to do with the fact that the show itself isn't that great, but it also shows exactly how bad the timeslot is. I'm almost always doing something on Fridays, whether its playing videogames or hanging out with friends. On the weekdays however, I usually don't have anything to do but school work, so I always have time to sit down and watch some wrestling

Vandy316

And HS Football isn't all year-round, plus most people now a-days have Tivo. So I don't see the problem

no, but then it goes to basketball which has a lot of Friday night games as well. that may only be half of the year but it still takes away from a lot more possible ratings.

a lot of people may have TiVo or DVR but not everybody so thats not really a sollution