Why Edge was on Raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I don't WWE will ever need to worry about Edge going to TNA he's always been loyal to WWE and I don't even think he's friendship with Hulk Hogan would be able to get him over there.

I would have him in either Commentary and replace Jerry Lawler or Booker T (sorry Booker your no good in there) as colour commentator and at least there would be someone there that would shut Micheal Cole up once in a while and its a guy who's more in touch with the guys of today having wrestled most of them.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They could also use him to promote WWE at events rather than just using him on television. He could go out and do signings and be involved in promotional deals alongside guys on the current roster. Plus with this Network I am sure they could use him as a talking head often, maybe even get him invovled in some of the roundtables. There are plenty of ways to use him.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I like the idea of him doing Commentary, would have him replacing Lawler as the guy is well passed his sell by date and adds nothing of value anymore.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would he want to do commentary? If he does commentary he has to go back on the road again, yes it is only one day a week but he will have to travel to and from the show so it will take up at least two days. He only just retired so he will probably want to spend some time at home without having to commit to travelling every week once again. I think that he would be good on commentary, especially if he plays the heel Rated R Superstar gimmick, but give him at least a year off before he gets back into it

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That is a fair point, maybe that is further down the road, which is a shame because WWE are really struggling in that department!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True they are struggling but they do have Matt Striker in the wings if they ever want to add a new colour commentator. He and Josh Matthews made a good pairing before and they could always put them together again if they want to do something different.