Why does Raw suck so bad now?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Hey all,

The topic is right in the subject line. Why does Raw suck so badly now? Like I've tried watching it and it literally feels like the same shit that we've seen a thousand times over. It's stale. Rollins move as a major face has been handled somewhat poorly if you ask me. KO's reign has been tarnished. It's mostly all Shit.

Rollins could've easily moved up to be the next big face. But they're literally doing it the exact same way they handled reigns: lame and the same authority rehashed Shit. Don't get me wrong, some of it has been alright. But, triple h handing KO the title, disappearing and not explains jack Shit, and then having Owens be the chicken shit heel that Rollins was is essentially the damn thing we've seen for like 4 years now? It lacks creativity and makes Rollins and Owens look like shit of you ask me.

You throw reigns into the mix now and it seems like a cluster fuck of programming.

Thoughts? Opinions? I mean what the hell are they doing lately? It's like most matches and feuds seem pointless and way too scripted. The only thing that's sent a chill up my spine lately has been Goldberg coming back. And, that's sad if you ask me. No discredit to Goldberg and the feud, but some of KO's and Rollins feuds and matches use to make me enjoy watching Raw. Now it's all lame and feels non organic

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
The writing/booking is not good and there's three hours of it. The most over thing on the show is an inanimate object...not the champion, not the babyface challenging the champion, a list. The Women's division only focuses on two Women at a time and they exchange the championship on a damn near bi-monthly basis. The tag team division is stuck in limbo awaiting the New Day to break Demolition's record. The undercard is nonexistent and the Cruiserweights are directionless...need I go on? Somehow they're still people who prefer RAW over Smackdown...

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The writing/booking is not good and there's three hours of it. The most over thing on the show is an inanimate object...not the champion, not the babyface challenging the champion, a list. The Women's division only focuses on two Women at a time and they exchange the championship on a damn near bi-monthly basis. The tag team division is stuck in limbo awaiting the New Day to break Demolition's record. The undercard is nonexistent and the Cruiserweights are directionless...need I go on? Somehow they're still people who prefer RAW over Smackdown...
I guess people prefer raw over smack down still because it's what they're use to watching for "prime time" WWE. The reality is that smcack down live is doing much better and literally the 2 best thing on raw are the list and Goldberg right now. Insane. All that talent and the product has been utter shit lately.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Last weeks show wasn't that bad guys....But I agree I don't like how they are handling KO as a champion he deserves so much better!...... I don't want New Day to break the record just lose already please!.....The women should be moving on to doing 2 feuds at a time now hopefully.......What's going to happen on RAW when Jericho goes on tour with Fozzy? Will he take the list? Can the list possibly become Champion?

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Last weeks show wasn't that bad guys....But I agree I don't like how they are handling KO as a champion he deserves so much better!...... I don't want New Day to break the record just lose already please!.....The women should be moving on to doing 2 feuds at a time now hopefully.......What's going to happen on RAW when Jericho goes on tour with Fozzy? Will he take the list? Can the list possibly become Champion?
I see this list headlining mania against taker

• Haha
Reactions: The Phenom

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think it's a lack of inspiration, and fast-term replacement. I'm sure most of this fall had to do with Finn Balor, but his injury put a monkey wrench in it all.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
So the top 3 opponents for Undertaker right now are
1.John Cena
2.The List
3.James Ellsworth
:kat:

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I think it's a lack of inspiration, and fast-term replacement. I'm sure most of this fall had to do with Finn Balor, but his injury put a monkey wrench in it all.

:idk:
I wonder what would be going on right now if Balor was never injured and forced to relinquish the title?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Honestly... it's like... they've done so many positive things. They've signed the indy talents and improved the roster. They improved the women's division and mostly got away from overbooking - almost too far away. They've focused on star ratings and pushing young talents and...

I appreciate them.

BUT. I was just looking back at the start of this site and got to listening to some old podcasts from 2012/2013, and one thing I'll point out - besides the obvious - is that there was a lot more focus on wrestlers we loved from the fanbase back then.
I wonder if all the improvements on the roster have really harmed WWE? Like, I recall joining this site and being a huge star rating mark, and freaking out as we got another Sheamus/ADR feud. We all did. But we had our favorites... CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler were practically unanimous... then there were like 3 midcard/undercard dudes who we individually were begging to get a shot over Kane getting another fucking title shot or Randy Orton being totally played out or... Some were big fans of Miz/Barrett/Sandow on the talker side, I liked Kidd/Mcintyre/Rhodes, Kofi and Big E had their fans and so on and so forth... With a better quality main event scene and just accepting Miz being "eh he's a fine midcarder" so much passion went away.
Sure I use mostly Rollins avatars now since that's familiar and such, but I'd have to think for a while about "who's your favorite wrestler on Raw?"

Plus NXT starting up and WWE showing us what actual good booking looks like on the Network, then calling the same talents up to Raw where they can accomplish so little... It really shined a light on how it's 100% on Creative and the wrestlers don't even matter. It's really crazy when you think about it.

We've had this topic before and I really wanted to say something different from the norm, so there's that...

Short-term it's because... look at Seth's whole story arc. "I got screwed out of the championship by the boss so GRRRRR I WANT REVENGE... but... he's not here, and I have a title shot against his sorta-but-not-really-handpicked champion who hasn't really done anything so yeah his best friend is a sparkle ass lol" It feels like his entire story is on hold until Triple H comes back because he doesn't want to be on TV so he doesn't take the heat for the bad ratings that come because even with NFL ratings being way down this year and a bunch of asstacular MNF matchups they're scared to lose to football because their show sucks and this is a big circular conundrum.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

This. Spot on, brother.

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
There's too much wrestling, too much filler in matches that doesn't advance any of the storylines going on. The writing and scripting sucks, all the babyfaces sound like the same generic good guy with no layers or depth to them and all the heels are all way too sympathetic and entertaining to truly be menacing at all. The lines being fed to Seth Rollins are completely unnatural to him as a performer and as a human being, whereas a guy like Chris Jericho is over because of what kind of creative liberties he can do with his character. The list isn't over because WWE's crowds are dumbasses that would rather cheer a clipboard over the performers, but because it adds an extra layer of comedy, and interest into Jericho's character that doesn't feel artificial. The Cruiserweight division has like, one feud going on right now and already feels likes its being dragged out until something interesting happens, TJ Perkins goes from having an amazing rags to riches underdog storyline at the CWC to being forced to speak in "gamer talk" because oh look we're trendy. The tag team division is just New Day and everyone else, even Enzo and Cass, who haven't done anything noteworthy together ever since the split started. The women's division is hot garbage with all of their characters being just as bad as the men's characters are. Add unto to that 3 hours, and you now see why Raw sucks so much.

Billc

Jobber
Reaction score
Hey all,

The topic is right in the subject line. Why does Raw suck so badly now? Like I've tried watching it and it literally feels like the same shit that we've seen a thousand times over. It's stale. Rollins move as a major face has been handled somewhat poorly if you ask me. KO's reign has been tarnished. It's mostly all Shit.

Rollins could've easily moved up to be the next big face. But they're literally doing it the exact same way they handled reigns: lame and the same authority rehashed Shit. Don't get me wrong, some of it has been alright. But, triple h handing KO the title, disappearing and not explains jack Shit, and then having Owens be the chicken shit heel that Rollins was is essentially the damn thing we've seen for like 4 years now? It lacks creativity and makes Rollins and Owens look like shit of you ask me.

You throw reigns into the mix now and it seems like a cluster fuck of programming.

Thoughts? Opinions? I mean what the hell are they doing lately? It's like most matches and feuds seem pointless and way too scripted. The only thing that's sent a chill up my spine lately has been Goldberg coming back. And, that's sad if you ask me. No discredit to Goldberg and the feud, but some of KO's and Rollins feuds and matches use to make me enjoy watching Raw. Now it's all lame and feels non organic

Stephanie McMahon is getting involved. Well there goes that.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Basically WWE has lost their creative intelligence long ago and have basically become desperate to succeed in their failing projects....

They didn't have to turn Braun Strowman heel for his match with Roman Reigns. Vince has become desperate to find a Super hero looking baby face and have him over with the fans. We could have had a good match without a heel Strowman, and him making a mediocre stable. But Vince need Roman to be the face so bad it's almost like his life depends on it.

Vince has gotten so desperate for a Super Hero baby face; I bet when Daniel Bryan announced his retirement he sat back in his office chair, put his feet on the desk, smoked a cigar and smiled in joy. Basically WWE has become focused into foolish, boring, predictable, and uninteresting things, and that's the way it is...

EDIT: When ever it seems like WWE is building Momentum or going in the right direction they always slip up and/or go the wrong way. The Reigns vs Strowman Hell in a Cell rivalry is proof

Last edited: