Why do the writers make Ryder so goofy around women?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But that wasn't how he was portrayed in WWE when he returned and wasn't how he was portrayed in his Youtube shows either. He wasn't some guy that failed with the women and this latest flip-flop from him makes no sense. WWE did a 180 with him in the space of about two weeks from his heart broken to suddenly going back to her. What I dont get is what the payoff to the storyline can be. How can they end this? They have already had her break his heart by going for another guy and then we hear that she never liked him and Ryder cuts off all ties with her. That is where 99% of people would have ended the storyline because it had a proper ending, continuing makes no sense.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He's a comedy jobber and thats the way he's always been, if he was suddenly to 'go serious', nobody would give a shit about him.

Plus, he's a babyface, and getting all the pussy is kind of an arrogant, narccisistic trait. Think Rick Rude, Val Venis, etc.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The payoff? Simple. Eve continues to use and abuse Ryder until he finally finds out and dumps her. Sad part is that this is supposed to get him over. It's nothing more than a bad romantic comedy.

I said it before, this is Ryder's punishment. They gave him a push, it didn't draw. No matter how over he is, it doesn't hide the fact that he's a below average worker, and neither he or his show has been entertaining for months. Just cause you're over doesn't mean u deserve a push. So WWE is putting Ryder back in the role he was in before this whole run started; comedy jobber

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I think part of the problem was the over-exposure. We wanted a Ryder push, not seeing him 3 times a night. I don't blame him for not being able to meet those expectations, but he just failed to ever really impress me even once.

I wouldn't call him a comedy jobber though, not anymore at least. I can't wrap my mind around his aesthetic appeal but I can understand his fans saying he has at least some solid mid-card potential, because I think he does. And to his credit, it was really Ryder who got himself over on the internet in the first place. But if we're content to just say "Of course this is happening he's just a comedy jobber" when an angle isn't really working (because of more deeper rooted problems than Ryder's performance, imo) then of course he's never going to evolve or taken seriously.

Especially if he's also supposed to be sympathetic...

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Ryder being a below average worker makes absolutely ZERO sense. Are you clueless or something? How did he even make it to the WWE? You have to be a damn good worker if you are that size. Zach isn't particularly big or athletic so it was his work rate that got him to the WWE with Hawkins. Just because he doesn't do much offense in short minute matches doesn't mean he's below average. Give me a break.