Why did Roode and EY leave TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

Above is a recent episode of The Pro Wrestling Report with Dameon Nelson and David Herro, who has worked as a booking agent to many pro wrestlers. When discussing TNA's troubles, Herro says former World Heavyweight Champions Eric Young and Bobby Roode left because they were owed a pretty big amount of money. At around the 11:40 mark, Hero commented:

"Bobby Roode and Eric Young left because they were owed, combined six figures. Combined. How do you not pay those two guys, right?"

It's no secret that TNA has had issues with paying talents and production workers on time over the past few years but this is the first we've heard about Young and Roode leaving because they were owed. The good friends signed their TNA contracts together years ago and left the company on the same day. Both are now working with WWE NXT.
We last heard about TNA being late with payments in early march, then rumors of more problems in late March.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Yeah this is really fucked up, any idea if they'll be going through legal proceedings to get the money?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Read about this yesterday, not surprised TNA owed 'em.

Hopefully they'll sue TNA in order to get the money.

Ring Rust

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Six Figures? Crikey. Probably won't pay up. Get sued for twice that. Can't pay up. End in prison. The end

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yeah this is really fucked up, any idea if they'll be going through legal proceedings to get the money?
Honestly no idea. Roode and EY seem like a bit too nice for that maybe. They let themselves accumulate a combined 6 figures in money owed after all before having enough and leaving. They might know it is a lost cause since TNA no longer has the panda money to fall back on.