Why did everyone hate The Undertaker's American Badass/Big Evil/Biker gimmick?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
I can understand people hating on The Undertaker's American Badass gimmick from 2000-2001 since The Undertaker was out of shape and not as great of a performer at the time but once The Undertaker started feuding with Ric Flair for Wrestlemania X8 and Brock Lesnar from Unforgiven 2002 - No Mercy 2002, that's when I felt like The Undertaker's biker gimmick became entertaining or interesting and around early 2003 was when The Undertaker was back in good shape while still under his Big Evil Biker gimmick yet many people I see all over wrestling forums or the internet, still blindly hating on the biker gimmick as a whole and preferred his Deadman gimmick to have never temporarily gone away from 2000-2003. Outside of his Ministry of Darkness gimmick, I felt like The Undertaker demonstrated all of his mic skills under his biker gimmick while The Undertaker's Deadman gimmick(his great and best gimmick, don't get me wrong) somewhat limited him from showing his mic skill abilities(due to it not fitting with his Deadman gimmick).

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Why? Everyone got conditioned to The Undertaker being this "dead" guy with a cool entrance, and stuff. In all honesty, American Badass Undertaker is my favorite because it was thought of by The Undertaker himself as a response to people always wondering what he did when he wasn't being "The Undertaker" and instead being Mark Calaway, and he used a elevated powerbomb as a finsher which is always awesome. Plus, I may have a little bias because I have always been around bikers for the majority of my life so I like the culture of it.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
Why? Everyone got conditioned to The Undertaker being this "dead" guy with a cool entrance, and stuff. In all honesty, American Badass Undertaker is my favorite because it was thought of by The Undertaker himself as a response to people always wondering what he did when he wasn't being "The Undertaker" and instead being Mark Calaway, and he used a elevated powerbomb as a finsher which is always awesome. Plus, I may have a little bias because I have always been around bikers for the majority of my life so I like the culture of it.
That and I've always felt that it was a smart move on the WWE writers to allow The Undertaker to become the ABA because I honestly thought the Deadman gimmick would have become stale for me if The Undertaker stayed sticking strictly with that gimmick for his entire wrestling career or for too long.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
That and I've always felt that it was a smart move on the WWE writers to allow The Undertaker to become the ABA because I honestly thought the Deadman gimmick would have become stale for me if The Undertaker stayed sticking strictly with that gimmick for his entire wrestling career or for too long.
I have to agree with that as well. The Biker gimmick was sort of fresh air so to say and Taker kind of expanded his moveset as well, which is always nice.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I like the American badass gimmick a lot. His bike, glasses, bandana, and persona was great. He didn’t need to say much, he just kicked ass and took names and seemed like a brawler. I don’t mind his deadman gimmick, but I’d like for him to retire as the American badass. I thought they should’ve pulled the trigger on this at mania 34 with Cena. The deadman “died” against Roman at mania 33, but Cena called out mark callaway, the American badass, and he comes out and whoops cenas ass with a biker chain and last rides him for the win. Would’ve made taker a little interesting again.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I like the American badass gimmick a lot. His bike, glasses, bandana, and persona was great. He didn’t need to say much, he just kicked ass and took names and seemed like a brawler. I don’t mind his deadman gimmick, but I’d like for him to retire as the American badass. I thought they should’ve pulled the trigger on this at mania 34 with Cena. The deadman “died” against Roman at mania 33, but Cena called out mark callaway, the American badass, and he comes out and whoops cenas ass with a biker chain and last rides him for the win. Would’ve made taker a little interesting again.
I think many people thought the same thing about having The American Badass come out, whoop Cena's ass, and then get on his bike for one last ride.