Why are the good guys always so stupid?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

This is a major gripe I have with TNA. After seeing Samoa Joe/Angle saga, I wonder, why is it that the good guys are always made to look Blue. Time and time again, the MEM have pulled off swerve after swerve, while Styles and Jarrett are always made to look shocked.

And it's not just the MEM. Look at Stevie RIchards. Time and again, they outsmart Abyss and Lauren and Wilde. Granted, Abyss isn't exactly smart but I'm so sick of seeing the heels outsmart the faces.

Why can't we get something to cheer about once in a while?

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I agree with this, a lot of the time, the brave face always goes out stupidly and does something that we all know is not a good decision for him. It is just pretty dumb(no pun intended.) Look, this could be one of the reasons I do not really enjoy watching TNA. Subconciously, when I see something stupid, I don't bother with it anymore. Looking at TNA's faces, a lot of them are made to look idiotic and really it doesn't give them any reason to cheer.

Kaedon

Reaction score
because its a classic folley of faces. While they may be smart, in general a heel is an evil genius.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, The faces are constantly being played for fools by the Mafia, and its really hurting there credibility. Everyone knows the best wrestlers are smart and physically strong. Its goona be hard to get over some of these young faces when there getting fooled every single time.

seX-Power

On this note, when was the last time there was a TNA world champ who we could cheer for as a complete face?

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

So a wrestling stable is consistently pulling fast ones on the top faces of a wrestling company and pretty much burying them on a consistent basis. Now where I have seen that before?

chessarmy

^ wow, how long did it take you to come up with that?

Anyway, TNA seems to book favorably towards the heels, its actually starting to piss me off. Look at the last 3 TNA World champions, we had Sting (who was basically a heel when he had it), Mick Foley (again, basically a heel), and now the top heel in the company, Kurt Angle. It looks like Angle is going to keep the title until Bound For Glory where he'll probably lose it to AJ Styles. But still, we're getting 4 more months of yet another heel champion, its getting old. I want to be able to cheer for the world champion for once, enough with all the heel domination!

MaZZacare

Reaction score
because the faces don't see the true power of the dark side bwahahahaha

Reaction score
Christian and Evan Bourne are pretty good faces... I can't really think of anyone else in wrestling that is a good face, Jeff Hardy...? Maybe Christopher Daniels is a good face, he's cool! faces suck for the most part because the idea of good vs. evil is stupid and we all want to be bad when we are 17-30 years old.

Double J

Reaction score
Isn't Vince Russo the head writer for TNA? That should explain everything? Why do people still hire this guy?!

JACOBS OWNS

Reaction score
TNA use their heels better than their faces thats why most of their champions have been heel

the dark knight

i only read the title and didn't realize this was in the TNA section...well subsection now :nonono:

anyway, good guys are stupid cuz if they're strong+good+smart how are the bad guys gonna win?