Why are some non wrestling fans under the impression that we watch it because we think it's real ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I really don't understand why they're so judgmental about other people's personal choice to watch whatever they want to watch on TV and suggest that you like what they like because it's what they prefer : "WWE is phony watch the UFC or boxing because it's real" which is unfair to us because we're not looking at it in the context of a real sport, we know what we're watching isn't real (in some cases, not everything is fake) but the scripted aspects of wrestling tend to be the things that it's often criticized for even though a lot of TV shows and movies do the same thing. So why is it always wrestling that gets the short end of the stick ?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Person A: Never watched wrestling outside of seeing some memes online
Person B: Has been watching since he was a child

A - I don't understand how you can watch WWE.
B - Why not? It is just something I enjoy.
A - Well, it isn't real. You know that right......?
B -

Reactions: Deadmanforever97

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I never actually encountered someone who felt like that towards pro wrestling. I read about situations like these happening to many wrestling fans, and the people around me know I watch wrestling, but I never had a conversation like that with anyone in real life. I even held a presentation about pro wrestling back when I was in school and the general consensus was fairly positive. And even though it didn't make them start watching the product, it still felt like they were more interested in that than in most other presentations of that english class, judging by the questions and discussion afterwards.

But ye, either I had luck every time or people just over exaggerate these conversations they have with the "regular folks" lol

Last edited:

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
giphy.gif
Pretty Close To Best Ever Stunner Solid S.. :emoji_slight_smile:

Crash

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think I have heard someone tell "You know it's fake right"...

Most of them will say "I don't like it because it's fake" when I talk about wrestling.