Whose Line Is It Anyway?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WhoseLineUS.jpg

One of the greatest shows of all time is returning to television. It was announced a couple of days ago that The CW Network had ordered 10 new episodes of the show. Ryan Stiles, Colin Mocherie and Wayne Brady are all returning but this time around the host will be Aisha Tyler rather than Drew Carey. I can't wait to see what they come up with and I hope that they haven't messed with the format, keep the same games just give us some new material.

Some of you, ex-EWO members, may know how much I love this show. One of the funniest shows ever produced and it has great repeat value. It was cancelled ten years ago yet I don't think I have ever stopped watching repeats of the show since. It is always on television here and with good reason, it is such a likeable show and so funny.

The original UK version was good but it was also quite hit and miss because they changed the line-up each week. With the US version they made a very smart decision to have three primary performers and then just rotated the last spot. That way they were guaranteed that the chemistry would be there and that it would be a funny show.

There are so many funny game types on the show but my three favourite are Scenes From a Hat, Telethon and Props. My favourite performer is Ryan Stiles but all three regulars are great and play their role so well.

Anyone else watch the show? Anyone else interested in seeing them bring back? What are your favourite game types? Who was your favourite performer? What are some of your favourite segments?

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I actually preferred the UK version by quite a bit, while I agree that sometimes the show would be a bit dull when you had certain pairings, the one thing the UK version did have that the US version never did was Tony Slattery. That guy was unbelievably funny. Wayne Brady I don't find funny at all, even on this show which is designed perfectly for him, I just don't like him. I also greatly preferred Clive Anderson as host over Drew Carey and I don't know how good Aisha Tyler will be, I've seen her stand up act and it's pretty good but a show like this is a different animal...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wayne Brady not funny!!! I think I just passed out for a second after reading that. I think that he is hilarious and what he really adds is a great singing voice for all the singing themed games. Tonny Slattery was very funny but the consistency just wasn't there, in my opinion, with the British version. Some episodes were hilarious whereas others were really weak. I completely agree that Clive Anderson was the better host, Drew Carey was alright but he was mainly there to be the butt of the jokes whereas Clive Anderson himself was very funny and would give as good as he got.

With the US version who is everyone's favourite fourth performer?

For me it is tough because I can make a case for either Greg Proops or Brad Sherwood as both were very funny guys and added their own uniqueness to the show. If I had to pick I would probably go Greg as the best number four although I can't even be sure if that was the same response I had four years ago when I started a Whose line thread on another forum.

I can't make it two posts without posting a Whose line clip from Youtube so here is a Telethon clip. They only did this game a few times and I don't know why they didn't do it more often since it always was great.

[YOUTUBE]L7iZaRpst9k[/YOUTUBE]

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Loved this show! I didn't watch it as much as I'd have like to, but thanks God for reruns. Not sure how I feel about it coming back, but if they keep with the same format, it can't be messed up that bad.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Greg Proops was actually my favorite performer. When everyone else would try and keep it as clean as possible, Proops would always do his best to make some absurd dirty joke.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
agreed on Proops, always liked when he and Stiles were both on the old UK version.... and sorry [MENTION=2]Troy[/MENTION] , just don't like the guy

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
The CW. Yuck. :( This show will fail and the host looks awful.

Glad to see Ryan and Colin back though.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I was so excited for this. Like, marking out, until I saw Aisha Tyler is the host. Will not be watching.

Watch Drew Carey's Improvaganza, guys. Thats the one to watch.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I haven't seen much of the new host so I don't know how well she will fit in. Hopefully it works out but I fear that because my expectations are so high I am bound to be disappointed with it.

Not enough videos in this thread. Here is one of my favourite Scenes to Rap and it features Stephen Colbert before he was a huge star. Colbert can rap quite well, PEACE!

[YOUTUBE]D5BGuOUOHcQ[/YOUTUBE]

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Wayne Brady isn't funny?

:S

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Wayne Brady isn't funny?

:S

The two things he's done somewhat successfully in his career are Whose Line and the remake of Let's make a deal, two shows where he could be his douchebag self and the chuckleheads just eat it up..... his apopearance on Chappelle's show was great because Chappelle wrote it and they made fun of what a douchebag Brady is....

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've really only seen Wayne Brady on Whose Line Is It Anyway?, but I thought he was hilarious on that.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Damn, I love this show. Having the big three back is great as well, but Aisha Tyler? LOLWUT