• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

On Smackdown! we saw the "Beat the Clock" challenge to determine the number 1 contender for Edge's World Heavyweight Championship. Unfortunately, things didn't end so well. Apparently Triple H's match ended at the exact same time that Jeff Hardy's did, so we ended the night with no new contender. Where are they going from here? I have to say, the way they did this was brilliant. The matches seemed to end at exactly the same time and I have no idea how they pulled it off. Great job by the WWE, they are probably the only promotion in the world that can do something like that lol.

So, who will end up as the number 1 contender? Will it be Jeff Hardy or Triple H? Or both?

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
pretty sure it will be both, or maybe vickie has a real twist, and says since neither could beat the clock on the other, neither of them will be the number one contender, until shane gets involved and has a hhh vs hardy match to see who the contender will be

hopefully the have them both become the #1 contender though, seeing is how i hate to see one of the two get left out and have to wrestle kozlov, thats like a 20 minute piss break on a PPV

Dwes

Reaction score
Both, the WWE is smart enough to make the triple threat. Why would they waste one of their mania events at Armageddon. Sure the booking can be stupid but it's not that stupid. Saying that the WWE will go with both being no. 1 contenders and continuing the build to Smackdown's Mania main event.

MikeRaw

Both I'm pretty sure. Obviously wwe won't want either of them to be jobbing before the ppv, which is why they did this, so my money is on both.

Axis

I'm beginning to dislike all of these Triple Threats. It shows the lack of depth in the WWE roster. Theoretically, Edge should be able to go against an MVP or Carlito, but they've done next to nothing to build up guys like that.

The Rated R CMStar

I'm beginning to dislike all of these Triple Threats. It shows the lack of depth in the WWE roster. Theoretically, Edge should be able to go against an MVP or Carlito, but they've done next to nothing to build up guys like that.

In fact it shows that WWE has too many main eventers that could easily challenge for the belt. HHH and Hardy will prob both challenge for the title, and there is also The Undertaker and Kozlov around there that could challenge, so there's 4 man that could challenge for the belt.

On Raw, we have Y2J, Orton, Batista, Rey Rey, HBK, all that could challenge easily for the belt.

Sure, I would love for MVP to be challenging for the belt, but you have to understand the WWE, they just can't have their entire midcard become main eventers in one single year, and this year they already pushed CM Punk, Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy up the card. Hell, to one extent, they pushed Y2J up the card.

As for Carlito, please be serious. Just 4 months he was shooting on HHH and had one foot on TNA. It took his brother to get him motivated.

Moonlight Drive

People often seem to ignore the fact you can't push an entire mid-card into the Main Event without repurcussions.

Kizza

Well, based on the fact that WWE have seemed to have developed a love for triple threat matches, my gut feeling is that it will be both. If not, i'd like to see Hardy, I'm sick of seeing face Triple H.

Axis

In fact it shows that WWE has too many main eventers that could easily challenge for the belt. HHH and Hardy will prob both challenge for the title, and there is also The Undertaker and Kozlov around there that could challenge, so there's 4 man that could challenge for the belt.

On Raw, we have Y2J, Orton, Batista, Rey Rey, HBK, all that could challenge easily for the belt.

Sure, I would love for MVP to be challenging for the belt, but you have to understand the WWE, they just can't have their entire midcard become main eventers in one single year, and this year they already pushed CM Punk, Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy up the card. Hell, to one extent, they pushed Y2J up the card.

As for Carlito, please be serious. Just 4 months he was shooting on HHH and had one foot on TNA. It took his brother to get him motivated.

Oh no, don't misunderstand. I'm not saying Carlito in particular, perhaps that was a bad example. However my point is that their upper-midcard is nonexistent. Let me be clear that I do not want the midcard pushed to the main event. However I would like to see a level created between R-Truth and the Undertaker.

And yes they have multiple guys who could challenge for the belt, however they seem scared to death to put a loss on any of them. They are acting as if every one of those matches is going to be their WrestleMania main event and are thus protecting it.

Why DON'T they just have Edge vs Triple H? That's basically my underlying problem with the current booking trend.