Who's the IWF's Top Wrestling Expert?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
Ok this is why we need to break and let some other people create the monthly awards and I can redo it and make it look like this for wrestling and some other stuff.

Trivia is a great way to see who knows a lot and who cheats. This Guy is a top pick here on the site as well as myself in that section. My LW trivia test #1 was a separation of the cheaters and the guys who tried. A lot of you people who regularly submit to trivia didn't and I know you are cheaters.

Basically I am going to run down teh top wrestling experts here on the site, there is no order here.

Truth
Montana
Lethal Weapon
Xtremebadass
This Guy
Enzo Malenko
Viva La Luke
Kaedon
Hell Rell
MattHardyV1
Soulpower
3lions

that's about it IMO.

RingDeath

Reaction score
How about Classic Wrestling? Who's the top wrestling historian? That's the top guy on my list. Without looking it up, who beat Lou Thesz to end Thesz's 6th and final title reign?

Soulpower

How about Classic Wrestling? Who's the top wrestling historian? That's the top guy on my list. Without looking it up, who beat Lou Thesz to end Thesz's 6th and final title reign?

I believe it was... Gene Kiniski?

On a side note, if you happen to come across Thesz's matches in Japan most notably against Masahiro Chono and Antonio Inoki, WATCH THEM!

RingDeath

Reaction score
I believe it was... Gene Kiniski?

On a side note, if you happen to come across Thesz's matches in Japan most notably against Masahiro Chono and Antonio Inoki, WATCH THEM!

WTG. You win the Classic Wrestling division and you're the top IWF wrestling expert. My verdict is final. Everyone got that? It's "soulpower" with the mindpower in wrestling expertise in here. On his behalf, thank you for your contributions.

I don't know if you have "The Fight Network" or "ESPN Classic", but both of them occasionaly run classic wrestling features. They also had a hilarious show starring, among others, Kiniski, called "Wrestling With The Past". I've seen Thesz a few times on TV, and, believe it or not, I've seen him live. He was defending the NWA World's title against Kiniski in 1965 in a 2500 seat arena in Vancouver. Thesz took that one 2 of 3 falls, in about 50 minutes. I forget how he won, but I was heartbroken, as Kiniski was my childhood hero. (I've always liked heels.) I was jubilant when I heard Kiniski had beaten Thesz for the title in St. Louis, a year later. With Kiniski, a Vancouverite, holding the NWA title, I got to see many of the big stars of that era challenge him live for the title.

the dark knight

Basically I am going to run down teh top wrestling experts here on the site, there is no order here.

Truth
Montana
Lethal Weapon
Xtremebadass
This Guy
Enzo Malenko
Viva La Luke
Kaedon
Hell Rell
MattHardyV1
Soulpower
3lions

that's about it IMO.

such a bizarre list lol.

and cocksucker, you cheated in our final in kaedon's tourney so stfu :bleh: lol

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I've been watching wwe/wwf programming since around WM 4, and WCW programming not too long afterwards. A little bit of awa in my time, also some stampede wrestling from way back when I was a kid.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Wow thanks for naming me, those who did. :gun_rifle: to the rest.

Monty
Nation
Truth
3lions
Lethal Weapon
Soulpower
Pero
LK21

Famou$ 187

Me for SD
Kaedon for Raw
XBA for TNA
Mat for CZW
Montana & Soulpower for RoH
??? for ECW

3lions for All round knowlage

That about right?

That aint right at all.

Kaedon for Raw
Me & XBA & PeePshow for TNA
Tracey for CZW
Hell Rell & Luke & Soulpower for ROH.
Montana for Overall.

RingDeath

Reaction score
I've been watching wwe/wwf programming since around WM 4, and WCW programming not too long afterwards. A little bit of awa in my time, also some stampede wrestling from way back when I was a kid.

You're the most intellectually gifted member and probably the best natured. I'd probably rank you the highest all round expert, but I'd have to see a sample of your historical expertise. If you get this question without consulting reference material, you deserve first place.

Who did Ric Flair defeat for his first US Championship? The answer was revealed on Vengeance.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You're the most intellectually gifted member and probably the best natured. I'd probably rank you the highest all round expert, but I'd have to see a sample of your historical expertise. If you get this question without consulting reference material, you deserve first place.

Who did Ric Flair defeat for his first US Championship? The answer was revealed on Vengeance.

Shit dude, that's not fair. lol

I got it down to 2 and I'm not sure which happened first, it was either Ricky Steamboat or Bobo Brazil (I didn't watch all of Vengeance, so I have no idea what they said.)

Alright, I'ma go with Ricky Steamboat am I right?

RingDeath

Reaction score
Getting it down to 2 is good enough. You have one more guess.

"What are man's truths ultimately? Merely his irrefutable errors." (Nietzsche, The Gay Science, presaging Popper)

BTW, do you know what Nietzsche meant when he said "God is Dead"?

This Guy

wow, this thread is wierd. I wouldn't say I'm the most knowlageble, but I know quite a bit. I've been watching wrestling since WM3. Mostly WWE. Got some NWA/WCW back in the 80's for awhile as did the AWA. But WWE has always been very accesable here in Canada compared to anything else. Don't watch TNA much but keep up. Watched WCW a lot in the 90's as well as WWE. But some of these questions your asking I wouldn't nessisarly know the answer too. I don't think anyone answerered your Race losing the Title question, I beleive the answer is Dusty Rhodes but don't know for a fact. There are just somethings I remember and some things I don't.