Who you got?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Let's have an ongoing game here. Simple, list two dudes and ask the masses who would they take. I want to encompass as many sports as possible. Even soccer. Ya know, so the Eurotrash can participate. Answer. Put up the next matchup so long you give a decent amount of thought and reasoning behind your answer. Seems fun and could spawn some decent debate.

So who you got?

Point guard of the future...Kyrie Irving or John Wall? (Luke, no Washington homers. :) )

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Irving and I really don't think it's close. I honestly don't think Irving is that great right now, but he's still better than Wall. Wall just hasn't seemed to show any improvement in his game since coming into the league. He's just so average. I don't think Irving is much better right now, but I think he has the opportunity to grow more in the system and become the better overall player (which he already is), and one of the better PGs in the league.

Which up and coming Washington Nationals player will have the better career? Stephen Strasburg or Bryce Harper?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Irving and I really don't think it's close. I honestly don't think Irving is that great right now, but he's still better than Wall. Wall just hasn't seemed to show any improvement in his game since coming into the league. He's just so average. I don't think Irving is much better right now, but I think he has the opportunity to grow more in the system and become the better overall player (which he already is), and one of the better PGs in the league.

Which up and coming Washington Nationals player will have the better career? Stephen Strasburg or Bryce Harper?
Hard to say. Strasburg has been a BIT of a disappointment imo, but he's got crazy potential still. Harper's got the ability to play multiple positions, so I'd say he's the more talented of the two, which makes me wonder how much he's got to do to NOT outperform Strasburg. I'ma go with Harper.

Who will have more success, Andrew Luck or RGIII?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Hard to say. Strasburg has been a BIT of a disappointment imo, but he's got crazy potential still. Harper's got the ability to play multiple positions, so I'd say he's the more talented of the two, which makes me wonder how much he's got to do to NOT outperform Strasburg. I'ma go with Harper.

Who will have more success, Andrew Luck or RGIII?

In the long haul, I'll say Luck. I could see RG3 having more immediate success though if he goes to Washington or Cleveland, or something like that. It doesn't matter what Luck does these first couple years. He isn't doing shit. I do think he has a more complete game than RG3 though.

Fuck you.

Sidney Crosby or Alex Ovechkin

Better?

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Sidney, if he can return fulltime for another season because he just scores everytime he's on the ice. Don't think he's as important to his team like Ovechkin is, case in point Malkin is wrecking shit in Sidney's absence. Without Ovechkin, there's no one really on that team that's not injured that can make plays like OV does.

Bigger impact if this small market team wins the NBA 'ship: Indiana or OKC?

Reaction score
Unfortunately the only answer is OKC.

Indiana has ZERO star power. Danny Granger is a good player, but he isn't a star, same for Roy Hibbert. OKC is a buzz team with a bona fide superstar in the Durantula and Westbrook is a great sidekick. Nobody, without googling, could name the first six men on Indiana's depth chart except diehard Indy fans. The NBA would shit themselves if Indy made it to the Finals and whore the fuck out of OKC if they did. 50% because of star power, 50% because of the NBA's dumb business model.

Worse League Commissioner OVERALL: Bud Selig or David Stern?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Unfortunately the only answer is OKC.

Indiana has ZERO star power. Danny Granger is a good player, but he isn't a star, same for Roy Hibbert. OKC is a buzz team with a bona fide superstar in the Durantula and Westbrook is a great sidekick. Nobody, without googling, could name the first six men on Indiana's depth chart except diehard Indy fans. The NBA would shit themselves if Indy made it to the Finals and whore the fuck out of OKC if they did. 50% because of star power, 50% because of the NBA's dumb business model.

Worse League Commissioner OVERALL: Bud Selig or David Stern?

Roger Goodell, but if I have to stick to just these two, I personally say David Stern. I get it's the less popular pick, but basketball has had opportunity after opportunity to skyrocket worldwide whereas baseball gets fuel every several seasons... David Stern has ruined the NBA, absolutely, from top to bottom. And while cases can be made for commissioners having a hand in the dumbest bullshit in any league, I've never seen a commissioner personally fuck a city the way Stern did Seattle... absolutely horrific what he did. Bud Selig has done plenty of good for baseball to go along with his plenty of bad and the sins to occur on his watch are unforgivable; however, Stern has done little good and plenty of bad, and the scale is too one-sided. Then again, THIS is ultimately just personal opinion and I fully understand the alternative answer.

Which player walks away with more rings? Durant or LeBron?

Reaction score
Outside him sticking it to the Redskins, you're fucking high if you think Goodell is in anyway a bad commish. It's not even a matter of opinion, dude took the largest league in the land and somehow managed to make it more popular, not to mention he brokered the biggest tv deal in history. He has complete control over his league and the level of competition is so much more level than the lopsidedness of MLB and NBA. And I hate the "he's pussified the game" business. Yes, he has lightened contact, but when human lives are at stake, it's necessary. There have been like 6-7 suicides from ex players suffering from degenerative brain trauma caused by football. The man might be the greatest sports authority since Ban Johnson. I do agree with most of your Stern rhetoric though. It's a shame considering how excellent of a commish he was from the inception of the lottery till about the Sacramento getting screwed in 02 incident.

This is going to be such a great thread. And since you didn't throw one out there, I'll happily throw this out there...

Better defensive big in their primes...Dikembe Mutumbo or Dwight Howard?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Let's look at this Capgate; not even just the Redskins, the Cowboys too. Both teams dumped guaranteed money on their major contracts into an uncapped year to save salary cap space when the CBA returned... this was NOT AGAINST ANY RULES. The problem he had was that the Redskins/Cowboys essentially spiked the number for the salary cap when it returned, giving players more leverage in their contracts to request higher salaries since the cap would be higher... funny thing is, the cap was dropping this year and Goodell was trying to save face so the Player's Union wouldn't come after him for the lower cap and players not being able to request larger contracts. So what does Goodell do? Sends all the cap the Redskins and Cowboys had to every other team (minus the Saints/Raiders for their own violations)... now let's look at the fact that only 2 teams took egregiously to this practice (oddly enough, the two franchises which bring the most revenue into the NFL over the last 20 years, which is spread around on its own through revenue sharing), meanwhile 6 teams were $40-50M BELOW the league average and $35M BELOW THE CAP FLOOR BEFORE AND AFTER THE LOCKOUT... in effect, causing the salary cap to lower from what it was pre-lockout.

Let's look at Bountygate... the Saints get investigated FOR THREE YEARS but it took Goodell until the third year to step in and say anything about it and never confront Williams about it while it was going on in New Orleans with any evidence they did have?

Let's look at Spygate. The Patriots & Belichick get some pussy fines, but Goodell burned the tapes so nobody could investigate what was really on them and if it actually gave the Patriots an unfair advantage which SHOULD have cost them the Super Bowl ring that season if it was determined they took EVERYTHING from the Rams.

Now let's look at what Goodell has done to retired players... crapped on them, the entire lot. You talk about all the safety precautions he has taken for the game by "pussifying" it (I'm with you on that one, it IS mandatory to tone it down)... but Goodell continues to ignore retired players dealing with this stuff and has refused to set up anything to provide any of those guys with benefits. 3 of the 7 suicides you mentioned, had contacted the league several times a month over a period of several years asking for assistance and the league (mainly through Goodell) refused any additional aid.

You can say these things are nothing in comparison to Selig/Stern's failures if you want, and while I'm just bullshitting by saying Goodell especially in the heat of the moment with his latest bullshit... the fact of the matter is, Goodell is NOT a good commissioner. A good businessman? Sure, in some areas. His marketing philosophy is genius. But he's an outright prick.

Anyways, while I don't think Dwight has reached his prime or come close to it, and while I don't know just how good he'll be when he gets there if he hasn't reached it already, I think Dikembe's talent is vastly under-appreciated (not by anyone here in particular), just in general. I'll give the nod to Dikembe.

Anyways, back to the one I edited in: More rings by the time it's over, Durant or LeBron?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
lol, he did. He said who will have more rings: Lebron or Durant.

And in yours, I would take Dikembe. Easily. Mutombo averaged like 4 blocks a game in his prime. Dwight has only been around 2 so far in his career. Dwight is good, but I've seen plenty of people get by him in the post. Couldn't say the same for Mutombo. THAT FINGER WAG.

edit- God Dammit.

Reaction score
I completely agree with your Dikembe sentiment. WAYYYYY better shot blocker than Dwight will ever be and he flourished in the Golden Age of big men; Shaq, The Admiral, Hakeem, Ewing, Zo and Manute Bol!

LeBron will have more championships. Don't care what people think about him; sentiments were very similar to John Elway and El Capo ended his career with a back to back. I love Durant. He's more like Tim Duncan than a LeBron or Kobe. He's classy, humble, intelligent and a team player. I think LBJ finishes his career with 3 rings and Durant finishes with 1-2. I see a fallout between Westbrook and the Thunder in the next two years but Durant also plays in a superior conference, hampering his opportunites as opposed to playing in the East. And like Duncan, I see Durant remaining loyal to OKC his entire career.

Who would you take right now: Daiske Matsuzaka or Yu Darvish?

NinoBrown

Reaction score
This is getting fun. Umm Goodell has handled much more than any other commissioner since being hired. Selig and Stern both have years of doing just dumb shit.

Yu Darvish. Matsuzaka had Tommy John surgery, Darvish didn't. I'm not big on baseball but I know TJ surgery is not a good thing.

Bigger free agent, LeBron James or Peyton Manning?