Who won this year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
With 2021 just weeks away, which promotion won 2020? Can be any promotion out there.

For me, AEW really won it for me, I feel they did the best job with what they had to work with during this pandemic. No crowd takes away a lot of energy, but, they really managed to keep me entertained. Obviously some work needs to be done (like some of the wrestling flow is bad), but, overall, the product just gave me good things to watch, and, getting Sting was huge.

Follow up, who do you see possibly winning 2021? With the signing of Sting, I wouldn't doubt Vince is looking for a big name to counter. CM Punk's name often comes up, though, he has stated he would be more likely to go to AEW, but, people change their minds, and, if the price is right.....WWE may also have some big returns like Rousey and Becky (nothing confirmed, all rumors at this point). If WWE doesn't pull someone big, I think they're gonna be in trouble. I mean, not bankrupt kinda trouble, but, they need to do something to get people's interests.

Reactions: Carter

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nobody won.....everything in this business has been shit.

Reactions: Cwalker

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Naturally i'd have to say AEW and that's coming from someone who's never watched it and likely will never watch it.

They had the momentum of still being a brand new company pretty much and being in the honeymoon period. Everything they do is essentially fresh and new, including debuting new guy after new guy.

What will be interesting though is when all that newness wears off, guys have faced each other and they're not relying (not the right word) on seemingly bringing in a new acquisition every other month or so

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Naturally i'd have to say AEW and that's coming from someone who's never watched it and likely will never watch it.

They had the momentum of still being a brand new company pretty much and being in the honeymoon period. Everything they do is essentially fresh and new, including debuting new guy after new guy.

What will be interesting though is when all that newness wears off, guys have faced each other and they're not relying (not the right word) on seemingly bringing in a new acquisition every other month or so

Is there a reason why you don't watch it?

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
As someone who hasn't really watched wrestling this year, my interest is much more in AEW than WWE. From the small doses of each show I have seen, AEW just seems so more compelling and interesting.

Perhaps this is because AEW is new and fresh but they just seem to do everything better.

Reactions: Carter and Vegeta

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Is there a reason why you don't watch it?
Honestly, i've only ever watched the WWF/E since I was kid. I've never been on of those people who jump around watching different promotions and keeping up with everything. I can also get enough fulfilment from the WWE brands alone. Even if I put all that aside, I just have zero shits to give about their top guys / faces of the company.

Reactions: Lady Redfield

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I'm with Deezy. I don't think either side won.

WWE fired tons of talent for no reason. Their shows (mainly Raw) have been lackluster.

AEW hasn't been lighting the world on fire exactly either. Its just the lesser of two evils. Not a fan of the nepotism and all the higher-ups having top spots on the card. Chris Jericho has been awful this year. Omega is extremely overrated. And the Sting novelty won't last forever.

Both sides need to try to build new stars and see if they can get the casual fan back(big if) because 1.5-1.6 million viewers combined isn't a big deal or anything to brag about.

Reactions: Deezy

Kentucky34

Reaction score
Seth Rollins.

This is the year he surpassed HBK as the greatest heel on earth, IMO.

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Us as fans I guess. AEW has been a lot stronger than anyone expected, it is doing good for a year in. Hopefully it gets bigger and bigger, wwe will always be around ain't no doubting that, but as a stockholder I'd be asking serious questions about Vince's leadership as CEO and Chairman ( yes he is in a league of his own but you're only as good as you're ratings etc, he can't keep living on his reputation forever ) if they do shit the first quarter especially how big wwe is.

Last edited:

Carter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Seth Rollins.

This is the year he surpassed HBK as the greatest heel on earth, IMO.

Kentucky don't troll on here you did enough of it over WF about Rollins, thanks man.

Carter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Just let the mods and admins take care of those things, he hadn’t caused trouble here.

I will, you know what it's about so I'm all cool with it. All the best for 2021.