Who will carry Raw?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
With as many big names on Raw as they have, if they cant manage to find someone to carry it, then they are worse off then ever.

Orton will be returning soon, and I think the majority of it will fall down to him and Batista. What remains to be seen is if those two will get involved in a feud, or if at some point Batista will make a turn, and then we get to see that New Evolution. Im in favor of the latter.

I also wouldnt mind seeing a CM Punk and Mysterio feud, but I dont see that happening until Punk loses the belt. If there was ever someone they could realistically have Mysterio winning the title from,(doubtful, for good reason), it would be Punk. One of them would have to turn first, and that in itself would be hard to do. But like I said, if this ever happens, it wont be until Punk no longer holds the belt. But I think they really need to do something with Rey, because he has done absolutely nothing since coming to Raw.

I think the Y2J/HBK feud has potential to be best feud of they year, if only because it is one feud that, purposely or not, hasnt began and ended within a 2 month radius. Build up is everything in a good feud, and this one is fulfilling that order. As far as what happens afterwards, theres no way to know, because I think as long as they keep postponing the actual match, things will only get more heated between the two of them, at the end leading to a much better end result.

They have Kane on Raw, and besides for maybe an episode or two, he hasnt interested me at all. Ive been saying forever, that Kane needs to rip his pec. Or pull a quad. Something, anything that causes him to be removed from the scene long enough for him to get back into better shape, and then come back for one last run looking for revenge on whoever he holds responsible for his injury. I really dont see him with alot of time left.

This is the time, and I will say yet again, build up interest in the cruiserwieght division. There are tons of people that can be built up, and alot of them are already showing potential, and others who have already proven themselves to be above decent in the ring, and over with the fans. Too much focus is being given to the tag team division, where there are only two credible tag teams, Priceless and Cryme Tyme. Which is why they gave us Cena/Batista as champs one week, and there was noone (besides us) to be like WTF is going on here? Its easy to hand the tag belts to two guys thrown together last minute, when theres noone in line for it..(Nothing against Priceless or Cryme Tyme)

JBL? Who is he going to feud with, that hasnt been done recently? If he were to get involved with an angle with Batista maybe, that might be ok. Its been done, but what hasn't? Kane? Please no.

Id say, in response to the thread:

ME = Orton and Batista (seperatley or together)

Mid = After Punk loses the title, him and Rey

other = Y2J and HBK, which I think is already outshining the WWE title picture, the same way that Taker/Edge did on SD with Triple H.

iamironman

Reaction score
Nah, Cena was not the top guy. He is a big starm, but lately, he wasn't carrying Raw. He was in the mid card, and while yes, he still drew fans, fans will still come without him, and the feuds can still be good. He wasn't in anything big other than the mini Batista feud anyways.

So, I think it will stay the same as now. Not one guy caarrying, but everyone like JBL, Punk, Y2J, Kofi, Batista, Punk, etc pulling the load. And , don't forget, Cena is out, but Ortonw ill return, and be in there soon, and have the same amount of main eventers, but even better, because Orton will be able to come in as a heel, and be fresh again.

what is a starm

what does caarrying entail?

payback to everyone for pointing out my typo in my intro forum

now were even

and i agree raw will be fine lots of good main eventers

Montana

Im surprised no one is saying clearly it should be CM Punk, and ill tell you why. (At least til he drops the belt) TO me, for the most part, Faces carry the brands. A heel champ, doesnt mean much, if no one cares about the face challenger.

Batista is good, although he's proven he will not be the next Big Thing. The fans simply cannot relate. Batista is not on that level to carry run, and make the next step.

Why I think CM Punk should be the guy. For starters, the guy has had more than a solid run thus far. I believe most the fans no longer look at him as a fluke. Secondly, he is the World Heavy Champ. If the top 2 faces go down, and you have a young champ, just needs more exposure. Why not give him the ball. CM Punk delievers in the ring, and on the microphone. Everything thinks his time as champ is limited, so the longer he is champ, the more interesting the fueds will be. Just Picture CM Punk vs Batista/Orton/Jericho. Now that the same time, perfect Jericho vs Batista. To me with those three veterns as champs, the matches won't have the same feel. So instead of putting over Batista again...I say give Punk the ball and let him run with it, until Survivor Series, where Randy Orton will likely defeat him.