Who should Undertaker's Wrestlemania opponent be?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who should Undertaker's Wrestlemania opponent be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pratchett

The Artiste
Reaction score
I don't see the point of continuing to trot the Undertaker out there for just one match every year unless you are planning to give the rub to someone for ending The Streak. I think if anyone is hot enough right now and still early enough in his career to benefit from the win it would be Daniel Bryan. Anyone else I think is a slap in the face to wrestling fans, and cheapens The Streak. Especially if it were to be Batista or Brock.

Reactions: WWESpongefan

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't see the point of continuing to trot the Undertaker out there for just one match every year unless you are planning to give the rub to someone for ending The Streak. I think if anyone is hot enough right now and still early enough in his career to benefit from the win it would be Daniel Bryan. Anyone else I think is a slap in the face to wrestling fans, and cheapens The Streak. Especially if it were to be Batista or Brock.
Thing is, just losing to Taker at Mania is a big rub. Punk jobbing to Taker at Mania did more for him last year than anything else he did in 2013. Say Roman Reigns or Bray Wyatt or some other young guy were put in a feud with Taker, even when they inevitably lose the match it still would have helped boost their career in a big way.

Pratchett

The Artiste
Reaction score
Thing is, just losing to Taker at Mania is a big rub. Punk jobbing to Taker at Mania did more for him last year than anything else he did in 2013. Say Roman Reigns or Bray Wyatt or some other young guy were put in a feud with Taker, even when they inevitably lose the match it still would have helped boost their career in a big way.
Yeah, I won't argue with that. My thing is how much does he have left? One or two more big matches like that?
My biggest concern is him dropping The Streak to someone who doesn't even plan to wrestle beyond 2014. Call me old fashioned, but I firmly believe a guy should go out on his back. The Taker has been given an incredible honor in his career by having The Streak. I think he should pay it forward by passing on something to the next generation. I won't be mad if he doesn't. But I believe it will help the business going forward if he gives the rub to someone like Bryan. Giving it to a heel just won't feel like as big of an honor to me.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yeah, I won't argue with that. My thing is how much does he have left? One or two more big matches like that?
My biggest concern is him dropping The Streak to someone who doesn't even plan to wrestle beyond 2014. Call me old fashioned, but I firmly believe a guy should go out on his back. The Taker has been given an incredible honor in his career by having The Streak. I think he should pay it forward by passing on something to the next generation. I won't be mad if he doesn't. But I believe it will help the business going forward if he gives the rub to someone like Bryan. Giving it to a heel just won't feel like as big of an honor to me.
Bryan is over, but I still can't picture him as a guy to end the streak. I say push Reigns in 2014 (they obviously are) and if he catches fire let him end the streak as a babyface at WM 31

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I still want to see Taker vs Cena but am thinking more and more that it should be a young guy. Don't waste ALL of the Raw after Mania preshow on the old timers

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Undertaker can do one match a year for awhile :) Idk when it will get stale but he's only like 48, so long as he doesn't have any further major damage to his body he'll be good for a few more WMs :)

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
I remember typing out Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker for my BTB a while back. Imma try to find it.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
If the WWE are unable to sign Sting then it should be Daniel Bryan, unless he's in the title picture at that time in which case in should be John Cena.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar. What an awesome match it would be to see Undertaker survive a complete war against a beast like Brock, and plus, there's plenty of history between them already to make the build interesting. But with Lesnar going after the world championship, it doesn't seem likely (unless they somehow have Lesnar not be granted his title shot, or even worse, job him out in the chamber and then have him compensate for it by targeting the streak instead.)

If Brock ends up going after the title, then Daniel Bryan is a good alternative, although I absolutely would not want him to actually beat the streak. (A guy that size, no matter how popular, should not be ending the immortal Wrestlemania streak after Taker has already endured multiple finishers, sledgehammer shots, chair shots, etc., and still got up from it.)

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Cena should be in the Streak match, while Lesnar should be in the Championship match this year.