• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who Should Taker Face At Mania?

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

It is of course the event that is synonymous with his name, so a match with Taker usually gets some nice build.

I’d like to see Taker face Triple H or Shawn Michaels personally. Michaels and Taker being on different brands obviously wouldn’t mean much, because we have had inter-promotional matches at WrestleMania for some time now, and it’s not like WWE cares about the brand extension. At the same time, I feel like Triple H could freshen himself up by turning heel and going against Taker. I know he has faced Taker before (and Michaels has too), but I’d like to think the build between the two would be something special, and it would really revitalise Triple H.

Thoughts?

Isn't the only option THE Brian Kendrick? He will be a world champ by then you know.

No, really, HHH would be good. With all this talk about Stone Cold, I think that could be an interesting matchup. Edge is also a good option, though I doubt that will happen.

C4

If Triple H faces The Undertaker at WrestleMania then he is going to be the winner and the person who ends the streak.

He has said in interviews previously that he wants to make The Undertaker retire and wants to defeat him at WrestleMania because he defeated him at WrestleMania 17. I doubt the match will ever take place, The Undertaker doesn't want his streak to end and Triple H wants to end it. A more likely decision would be Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker, that would do really good.

Airfixx

HHH: No.... They won't top their match @ WM17 and the matches they've had since were kinda dull.

C4 said:
He has said in interviews previously that he wants to make The Undertaker retire and wants to defeat him at WrestleMania because he defeated him at WrestleMania 17.

I have never read HHH himself say such a thing. I've had read so-called locker-room reports that start with the word "apparently", but that's nowhere CLOSE to HHH saying that.

I doubt the match will ever take place, The Undertaker doesn't want his streak to end and Triple H wants to end it.

I've read nothing to suggest him wanting to end the streak even comes into it. APPARENTLY HHH simply thinks taker owes him a WM 1,2,3.

HBK: I'd love to see HBK v Taker have a match again, but I don't think that a random baby-face match will have the right feel for a WM ME without them fighting over something particularly important (2-way retirement match for example could work, but even that has it's flaws because ya not gonna want Taker to lose his record to another veteran, if at all, so unless Shawn is prepared to go out at the hands of the deadman it's not a go-er either).

Taker is a tough one atm and I don't see anything 'suitable' on the horizon....

(I'll think some more and l try to post something a bit more affirmative in a bit...)

Evil Austin

I think he should this year face Stone Cold Steve Austin because he confirmed in WM 25 he wants his one last match and Taker is the man to do it in my opinion.

Airfixx

I think he should this year face Stone Cold Steve Austin because he confirmed in WM 25 he wants his one last match and Taker is the man to do it in my opinion.

They actually have a fair amount of history, but fuck a half-crippled Austin ending 'the streak' though... That's crazy.

chessarmy

I don't think Triple H should turn heel right now, I think its his years of domination as a heel that is the cause for me saying that, but its just my opinion. I would have Taker face The Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels in his last match, just because HBK could probably put on a better match with Taker than Triple H. Also, you could have Taker beat Michaels and keep the Wrestlemania undefeated streak alive not only because it should stay alive, but so Shawn doesn't come off as the guy who beats everyone on their retirement match since he did beat Flair at Wrestlemania 24. From what I've read, Taker and Triple H don't like each other in real life so I'm not sure they would agree to a match

Ballin

Snitsky...

No, not really. I think it should be Kane. They've fueded before and Kane could be the heel this time. It should end in a no-contest and therefore Taker still hasn't lost at 'Mania. It would be cool to see either a: 3 Stages of Hell, Casket Match, or Buried Alive.

Kaedon

:wavetowel3: Teh Ricky Ortiz :wavetowel3:

But seriously, id like him to face someone who isnt in the WWE. A once in a lifetime match kinda thing. Sting, Goldberg, etc.

hum.... undertaker and john cena that would be cool if he came back as a heel and they started a feud. John cena beat the crap outta him for a few weeks before wm25 then undertaker bury his ass alive

NinoBrown

It's hard to tell, we're six months away and Edge has been his main focus for most of the year. We could have a rematch with something else on the line or like most people have said one of the DX members. But with word of Taker's shotty knees, this could be another forgettable WM match like his Show/A-Train match.

Moonlight Drive

I've been saying it for months...

HBK vs Taker, Wrestlemania 25. You don't understand how much of a money match that is.

Shawn and Taker are both in the twilight of their careers and both put on phenomoenal matches. And it is almost like a first time ever, it's been 10 years since they feuded, and that's probably longer than most fans have watched.

Fuck Austin, no matter how good he was his body if fucked. Shawn and Undertaker one-on-one, I'd pay to see that

WCW Rules

HBK Vs. Taker; WM's Silver Anniversary in Texas... No brainer, really. Like HBK said, they're in the twilight of their careers and it's been a decade or so since they've feuded; many of our newer fans have never seen these titans clash one-on-one, so it'd be one hell of an encounter.