• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I've noticed a lot of talk on what to do with people floating in the Mid card. I think it would be interesting to rank them in order of who you think is the most, and least deserving of a world title run. I'm going to include wrestlers that I have never been world champions before. So Ziggler will not be appearing on my list.

1. Wade Barrett

I think he is the most ready, and would be the most believable as a world champion.

2. Ryback

This may be a little bit of bias on my part, but I really think this guy can hold a brand. He could be the new Batista of Smackdown

3. Cody Rhodes

He was so close, and I think he could have pulled off an okay short world title run on Smackdown.

4. Kofi Kingston

What are they doing with this guy? He deserves at least a transitional title run. Problem is, seems like no face world champion can be little. All the world champions who are faces are usually the big guys, and the little guys have to be the cowardly heels. I just don't think Kofi would ever work as a heel.

5. Zack Ryder

He should be number 1 for the sole reason that he is working harder than anyone else on the roster to earn his spot. He is the "Self Made Superstar" and I'm in the group that says Ryder should be a world champion in 2013. Ziggler vs. Ryder for the World Title. That would be a site to see.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
1. Tyson Kidd
2. Michael McGillicutty
3. Drew McIntyre

Those are about the only three I'll say deserve to be higher than they currently are. Everyone else, I may be a fan of, but I really don't care so much if they win/lose and wouldn't be so mad if they were bumped down. Kidd, McGillicutty and McIntyre are the only three jobbers I give a fuck about.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd love to see either Wade or Cody challenging and even winning the belt. It really annoys me to see what WWE has done to Cody, he's improved so much since his debut. His mic skills are awesome, his ring work is awesome. He's pretty over as a heel right now. I think it would be foolish not to have him in the title picture soon.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I'd love to see either Wade or Cody challenging and even winning the belt. It really annoys me to see what WWE has done to Cody, he's improved so much since his debut. His mic skills are awesome, his ring work is awesome. He's pretty over as a heel right now. I think it would be foolish not to have him in the title picture soon.

I like Cody but here is my problem...he doesn't sound intimidating. He opens his mouth..and I'm not interested anymore. It may be his voice, or lack of a character, but he does nothing for me in this current state. When he was disfigured, and talking slow, and not very often, I was behind him. But it seems that they have just pushed him back to boring, generic Rhodes. Hell, I was even a fan of Dashing Rhodes. But now he's just another cookie cutter heel.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd imagine with Sandow, he may get better. If Cody went back to the slow, almost methodical talking, it would work so well with their current team.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
1. Drew McIntryre
2. Tyson Kidd
3. Michael McGillicutty
4. Wade Barrett
5. Kofi Kingston

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Wade Barrett just doesn't do it for me. He has a good look, and is pretty good on the mic, but in terms of wrestling ability I just don't think he's that good at all. The only truly good match I've seen him in was against Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam last year, and that was only because of well, Daniel Bryan.

The only people I think are most deserving of a push are Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre. Cody has been doing great stuff for years now and in my opinion deserves a run at the World title. And as for McIntyre, I think he's a really underrated wrestler who could become a great heel if they just gave him a chance.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
1. Drew McIntire. He has the look that WWE always watches for in their champions, was great as a midcard
heel, and could probably do a convincing face if given the chance.

2. Zack Ryder. If he had a little bit of a character tweak, I'd watch this guy as champion. He works damn hard,
and it kind of sucks that he's at where he's at right now.

3. Ryback. I wasn't a fan to begin with, but he hasn't been botching too much lately. I think he's getting the
hang of it, so if they keep him as is, as in not a Mary Sue character, he'd be good with a strap.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Ryback should of held a World title by now.

Undertaker

Reaction score
I don't think anyone really deserves a world title run at the moment. None of the mid card has really impressed me much. If we are talking about later on down the line perhaps 3-6 months Damien Sandow will be a great choice to lead SmackDown as the World Heavyweight Champion. I have so much man love for him. His mic work is incredible, his gimmick is brilliant and he can wrestle. He is a fantastic heel and I reckon he would be able to transition to a face without any issues. People like Cody Rhodes or Tyson Kidd who have no ability whatsoever wouldn't be my personal choices. Being a wrestler isn't just about what you can do in the ring, it's about having the whole package and unfortunately listening to these guys on the mic makes me think they are suffering from constipation.

DashX

Reaction score
8. Jack Swagger - How far this guy has fallen. He once was a world champion now he was on a losing streak before "leaving". I think if given a manager (and have that mean something) he could be back to where he used to be all those years ago.

7. Ryback - Although he still has some time before he should be given a top spot in the company, I feel all he needs is a real feud with somebody and he would be a main eventer.

6. R-Truth- I think they need to turn Truth heel again and have him be crazy again. The only thing that may stop him at that point is his age, he is 40 years old ans I don't know if WWE would want a top guy that old.

5. Kofi Kingston- I don't get this, sometimes he gets a good push, other times he is doing nothing. He is over with the crowd and I think he could be the new (and cleaner) Jeff Hardy of the WWE.

4. The Miz- Even though he has WWE champion almost two years ago, he has fallen greatly since then, and now ever since he came back he has improved so I think he is ready for another main event push.

3. Wade Barrett- Now that he is back I think it is only a matter of time before he gets a world title.

2. Cody Rhodes- Once he is done with his team with Sandow (its not going to be long) I think Cody should at least be given a shot at a world title. He had a great feud with Orton a while back so I think he could do it with Sheamus.

1. Dolph Ziggler - He is so close to being a main eventer all he needs to do is cash in (and stop losing to Sheamus.)

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think anyone really deserves a world title run at the moment. None of the mid card has really impressed me much. If we are talking about later on down the line perhaps 3-6 months Damien Sandow will be a great choice to lead SmackDown as the World Heavyweight Champion. I have so much man love for him. His mic work is incredible, his gimmick is brilliant and he can wrestle. He is a fantastic heel and I reckon he would be able to transition to a face without any issues. People like Cody Rhodes or Tyson Kidd who have no ability whatsoever wouldn't be my personal choices. Being a wrestler isn't just about what you can do in the ring, it's about having the whole package and unfortunately listening to these guys on the mic makes me think they are suffering from constipation.

I think you were suffering from a drug overdose during Rhodes's dashing and grotesque gimmicks. He delivered great promos during both runs and not many people would disagree with me on that. Go ahead and dispute my point if you want, but WWE wouldn't of given him regular promo time, which was almost EVERY Smackdown for at least 5 months minimum, if he sucked.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
1.RYBACK-this guy is awesome.hes a better batista.

2.DAMIEN SANDOW-great gimmick.very good worker.great on the mic.(did anyone see him demand a perier water on wwe.com.it was great.)

3.HEATH SLATER-could be the most hated champion in wrestling if they let him.i just look at him and hate him.hes pure money.

4.Santino marella-great as a heel great as a face the guy is way underrated and would draw money as a pure underdog champ.

Undertaker

Reaction score
I think you were suffering from a drug overdose during Rhodes's dashing and grotesque gimmicks.
Erm, I don't think so. You said it, his gimmick was grotesque!

IHe delivered great promos during both runs and not many people would disagree with me on that. Go ahead and dispute my point if you want, but WWE wouldn't of given him regular promo time, which was almost EVERY Smackdown for at least 5 months minimum, if he sucked.
His promos were always very long and boring. There was never anything new. All he kept talking about was his face or asking his associates to give paper bags out to people. I just don't see the entertainment in that. The thing I find my most annoying is that his father is almost always mentioned or whenever Rhodes comes out on stage the commentators make some sort of reference to his family's past history in the wrestling industry. I think creative realised that what they were doing with Rhodes wasn't great which is why he has now dumped the whole gimmick.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Take a look at his Dashing Gimmick, that's what I feel he played the best, and a lot of people agree. He worked the mic well then.