Who Is The Greatest Technical Wrestler Of All Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that any and all evidence that proves my point will not be taken seriously by you. Due to the fact that you love Bret Hart so much.

Hitman

Reaction score
If anybody says that Kurt Angle is one of the greatest then give me reasons

Dairydude

Reaction score
Kurt Angle has natural technical skill, which was extremely evident during his series of matches with Chris Benoit, Brock Lesnar and Samoa Joe.
I use these 3 superstars as reference, as they themselves are technically sound, and so could play to Angle's technical strengths to produced art-in-the-ring.

Angle's technical ability is also visible in his match against Randy Orton at ECW, ONS II, where he was out wrestling and out maneuvering Orton both in kayfabe, but clearly legitimately as well. Whilst Orton has next to no tech skill, any Muppet with a pair of legs and put up some resistance yet Kurt was able to pass anything Orton did throw up.

A final example is when he fought Steve Blackman at Armageddon 99, and pinned him with a Bridging German Suplex
This is before the 3 I's and before Angle had won anything and was 'that Olympics dude'
He and Blackman had one of the best warm-up matches I've ever sees, and both were able to technically shine as they played off each others offense, defense, counters and guards

want any more proof?

Hitman

Reaction score
Kurt Angle has natural technical skill, which was extremely evident during his series of matches with Chris Benoit, Brock Lesnar and Samoa Joe.
I use these 3 superstars as reference, as they themselves are technically sound, and so could play to Angle's technical strengths to produced art-in-the-ring.

Angle's technical ability is also visible in his match against Randy Orton at ECW, ONS II, where he was out wrestling and out maneuvering Orton both in kayfabe, but clearly legitimately as well. Whilst Orton has next to no tech skill, any Muppet with a pair of legs and put up some resistance yet Kurt was able to pass anything Orton did throw up.

A final example is when he fought Steve Blackman at Armageddon 99, and pinned him with a Bridging German Suplex
This is before the 3 I's and before Angle had won anything and was 'that Olympics dude'
He and Blackman had one of the best warm-up matches I've ever sees, and both were able to technically shine as they played off each others offense, defense, counters and guards

want any more proof?

No you'll get rep for that

n00b

Reaction score
im surprised hardly anyones mentioned shawn michaels, the majority of his classics are technical matchiz

Big Bucks Benjamin

Reaction score
Malenko had more submissions and reversals than most and could keep up with a high flyer like a Rey Mysterio. Thier matches in WCW in the mid 90's will show you that. Benoit took that style to a grander stage like a wrestlemania main event. Let's not forget Malenko who taugth Benoit how to do the crossface.

Stu Hart was the teacher of dozens of great technical wrestlers so should't he be considered the greatest of all time?

Rob Van Dam is nothing but a high spot high flying wrestler yet he would put on great techinal matches when given the right opponent , i.e. Jerry Lynn.

Kurt Angle same deal not a straghit up great technical wrestler but when given a Chris Benoit or Samoa Joe he can tear the house down.

Being a great technical wrestler means you can run a good ground game, work on a body part, reverse pretty much everymove there is, know how to keep up with a high flyer and have a submission that is feared and get the job done.

fteezy

Reaction score
damn.. ima have to throw Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle & Dean Malenko in there!

poet682006

Reaction score
Hard to pick between Bret Hart and Chris Benoit. A good dark horse pick would be Norman Smiley believe it or not.

John Gotti

Reaction score
didn't Bret say Dynamite Kid was the best wrestler he ever saw??

That must count for something...

What about Sayama?...

gashface

Reaction score
I would have to agree with Kurt Angle, but Ken Shamrock was pretty cool as well though his style is bordering on a "fighter" style... especially today. Also Chris Benoit was very good, technically... but I would say Kurt Angle outshines a lot of them because of his background.

Vince_Russo_mark

Reaction score
Dean Malenko...

Although he wasn't a major drawing card the likes of a Kurt Angle or Bret Hart, Dean in his prime was a tremendous performer. He truly was the "Man of 1000 Holds!" ....Keep in mind, here's a guy who had an absolutely blistering battle with Scotty Too Hotty at Backlash in '00....I don't think either Bret or Kurt could've done that!
He also had many classic battles in WCW in the mid 90's, with guys such as Rey, Eddie, Jericho, Benoit and of course Syxx....