• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is the best heel in the WWE?

Rell

Reaction score
I didn't really watch wrestling in 2009...at all...so there's that.

If what you guys are telling me is true and Bryan NOW really is a carbon copy of whatever Punk was doing in 09, well shit...I'd like to thank Punk for laying the blueprint for Bryan's awesomeness.

As far as Cody, he's very generic to me. His character is fuckin generic. Everything about him is so by the book. I hate it. I feel he was much better when he was brown bagging guys. It was original and unique. The Miz and his cheap heat is probably some of the best they can offer now, but that doesn't mean anything to me. I like my heels to be more JBL-like, and less "LOL THE YANKEES LOST"...I feel that's too easy. Anyone can do that.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
As far as Cody, he's very generic to me. His character is fuckin generic. Everything about him is so by the book. I hate it. I feel he was much better when he was brown bagging guys. It was original and unique. The Miz and his cheap heat is probably some of the best they can offer now, but that doesn't mean anything to me. I like my heels to be more JBL-like, and less "LOL THE YANKEES LOST"...I feel that's too easy. Anyone can do that.

Million Dollar Man shoving C-Notes in people's mouths... Undertaker bodybagging people... Stone Cold giving beer baths... the Godwins slopping people... Chris Benoit blowing boogers on opponents... the list goes on. Nothing unique or original about the paper bags...

BTW, JBL is the EPITOME of LOL heat... v_v... his rants on Messicans and poor people during the recession!?

Ziggler's so extraordinary on ZTLIS... which is now ON WWE's account... it's amazing they don't just let this guy write/freestyle his own shit. I know he puts a twist to it... but he should really be the same guy on programming as he is on ZTLIS.

Miz IS awesome... and needs to be given another run. Hell, if I'm the E... I have Bryan lose to Sheamus and have Miz take the WHC off of Sheamus and re-establish Miz in an Edge-style role just ruling shit, ripping people, finding ways to win (cleanly) and being a little edgier (lol) outside the ring. Miz has it in him, just give him the ball and let him run.

But that seems to be the biggest problem the WWE has right now... letting anyone run with it. By the time they get the opportunity, they're so far away from being taken seriously that it doesn't matter how you book them... Ziggler/Miz/Cody ALL need to be given control of what they do with their character/promo and let them seize the opportunity and run through everyone.

noumenon

Reaction score
Their biggest problem is simply keeping people elevated without a title. So many young guys have gotten that title push but as soon as the belt is taken off them it's like WWE has no earthly idea how to maintain that main event caliber with them. Miz is the shinging example of this. Need we take a look back at where he was last year at Wrestlemania? It's a damn shame what they did to him... the guy really had to potential to be something special. Even the title feuds don't seem of any importance anymore. Hell if putting the belt on Brock or Rock is what it's going to take to put some focus back on the prestige of being a champion then I'm all for it.
BTW... if Jericho doesn't get at least one proper run with the WWE title before he leaves then they've truly lost all fucking sense and reason.

Also, way to bury Kane upon what was probably the biggest return of his career. This was their shot to really redeem what they had done to his character over the past few years. Were they completely blind to the potential of a Kane/Orton "embrace the hate" type feud. It could have elevated Orton back to his former devious ways and at the same time had Kane look that much better. The art of having both people leaving a feud looking good has completely been lost.

Reaction score
Ziggler, as of now, is a bland as fuck, cookie cutter heel with terrible hair. BUT, outside of Daniel Bryan, NO ONE on the roster can bump as good as Ziggler. He made Funkasaurus look like a million bucks with that headbutt two weeks ago and at Mania, the way he flipped over off of Ryder's monkey flip was the highlight of the match. The man is incredible at bumping. I know it might be too soon but I think he really resembles a prime HBK as far as his bumping and selling goes.

As a promo, he is a goon. Boring. Bland. Can't even really get cheap heat. There's a reason they haven't pulled Vickie away from him. Haven't seen him in True Story (which is over rated as fuck, I can watch Youtube vids of stoners having as entertaining dialogues as Ryder's) so I can only judge by what I see.

As far as Punk-Bryan goes, I've followed both their entire careers. From Punk getting shine from working Eddy and Rey and yelling at whores in strip clubs to Danielson wearing those awful star long tights. WWE wise, Punk has had a better run because he's been pushed longer. Bryan is starting to get more over than Punk did as a heel and he is by far a better worker. Bryan is the most entertaining heel on the roster, bar none. Second best in all honesty is John Laurinitis, he is fucking good at what he does and Otunga is playing his role so, so fucking well too.

...god...

Reaction score
I liked the paper bags, it's not so much that everyone else has done stuff after the match on their opponent that matters. It was just cool to see it again and it worked and hadn't been done to that nature. And I agree with you he's pretty generic now, but I was trying to say I don't think I've ever really heard him get cheap heat, unless you think calling the audience ugly is cheap in which Bryan's is all cheap heat too. They have too much talent, and yeah, the throw-away feuds are just fucking shitty or nonexistent. But then again, there's always been talent wasted and whittled away in the WWE especially in the past decade mainly because there's just someone a little better, and they're never given the shot to prove otherwise. I feel like Miz was wrongfully taken out of the main event, why the fuck did they have to put the title BACK on Cena after he won at Wrestlemania? Completely unnecessary and it's why they didn't make a new star for like 5 years at one point. He was doing a great job, but I guess I can't complain because it lead to Punk finally becoming a star (almost entirely by luck, nothing to do with the WWE pushing him right or anything, Vince just stumbled upon it per usual) and that epic ass feud. But it's logic of Cena losing then winning at Wrestlemania and burying Miz after the feud at WM WAS ABOUT MIZ NOT BEING IN HIS LEAGUE/RELEVANT. So basically he proved that and killed all his momentum. Then you had Big Show and Mark Henry take up most of 2011 and they didn't do shit in the long run. Besides escaping from the cell, Bryan didn't ever really look strong. This is premature but I don't think anything will change and it's just that Sheamus' killed any slight momentum he had unless Bryan taps him out in 18 seconds at Extreme Rules, I don't see him winning that either. Meanwhile SD draws an all time low rating of 1.5, rofl, and before you say it's because of tuesday, around summer last year they drew like a 2.4 or something on that same day I think when Orton was champ. I don't want to see the title on Orton again but that would probably make sense if he's willing to actually lose to someone later. The heels are booked terribly, they're booked so the audience shouldn't care or respect their ability at all (besides Mark Henry recently, but that's because he's massive). I liked when Stone Cold was heel, he'd flat out get clean wins ALL the time and wouldn't do the generic walk away from a fight bullshit, why doesn't anyone just do that anymore. Even Sheamus ran away from people smaller than him when he was champion rofl. Daniel's run was essentially the same run the WWE has booked for heels for the past years and years and then expect them to get over or look strong with the casual audience.

Rell

Reaction score
@Luke, JBL's rants on poor people, mexicans, and hell, even his Nazi march, were all a lot cooler than "THE RED SOX LOST LAST NIGHT HEHEHE"

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Also, shoulda made this thread best heel in the world, because the BEST heel isn't in the WWE atm.

I'd be interested to know who you're talkin' about, G1. I'd say Ray in TNA at the moment for the whole world atm, at least on promos.

As far as WWE goes, i'd like to say Daniel Bryan 'cept his reactions always seem to be face pops unless they pipe them in on SD. Honestly, there's SLIM pickings in the company at this point. I'm honestly drawing a blank on anybody that's worth a damn as a heel right now. Jericho maybe? His feud was pretty weak with Punk, and I think the guy's won like 3 times since Jan. 2nd. Ziggler? Nooo...Rhodes has actually tried really hard to get his feud with Show not to stink, even though honestly, they've been dropping the ball on him, big time.

As of today, my vote goes to Cody Rhodes.

...god...

Reaction score
I was talking about Bobby Roode but Bully Ray was right up there next to him, yeah. That Sami Callihan guy has been on fire too lately, you heard of him? Dean Ambrose another great one, can't wait til he debuts.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Meh, Roode's deal is pretty stale. He's good, don't get me wrong. It's just his material is all kind of the same from month to month, and he really could use some better nicknames/catchphrases or scrap them all together. Ray's got such a unique style, and I can tell he really understands his character and doesn't try too hard to be cool or go for cheers, he's a true heel through and through, and I really like his act.

I haven't watched the indies in awhile, but I remember seeing Callahan a year or two ago and thinking: Wow, this guy sure does suck. But I don't wanna judge without seeing him now, ditto for Ambrose, but I was a little more impressed with his indy promo work than Callahan, but he's not very good in-ring either.

I'll look some stuff up and get back to ya. :)

...god...

Reaction score
Bully Ray's more of a comedy heel, some of the stuff he says you just gotta lol at, whereas Roode is downright a scumbag individual. Dicked over his own family, his friends, etc. And he's getting booked like Triple H in 2003 with additional stuff. Like when they had his brother come out and talk to him and Roode ended up fucking him up. During the Storm/Roode thing he was on fire (as was Storm) and the build to Lockdown was the best I've ever seen (sadly TNA fucked it up again by not having Storm win). He was ridiculously intense, just so good.

btw, you were right about Miz :(. WWE is so bad.