Who can be ROH's franchise player

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
ROH needs a franchise player. A guy to build the company around. A guy that does the media, represents the company and carries the cards, puts asses in seats et cetera. WWE has Cena, New Japan has Tanahashi, NOAH has KENTA (lol), Dragon Gate has Ciima and so forth. Who do you think is the guy that ROH can build around? Who has all those right qualities. They have tried with Steen but Steen isn't really that kind of guy. He's a great top of the card talent but he isn't face of the company material for the kind of company ROH is trying to be.

Son in your opinion, who should be the face of ROH?

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I'll go with Edwards,he can be that underdog you just want to see go to the top.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Steen was incredibly hot for a while but they screwed that over. Elgin could be if he puts in the work using his mad strength or sign Brian Cage.

Fullofit

The Artiste
Reaction score
I feel like right now it's Kevin Steen since he is the first person you think of when you say ROH. Most non indy watchers know who he is. The problem with having a franchise player in ROH is that they leave all the time to do bigger and better things. Once someone starts doing really good they get scooped up by the WWE. I don't see Steen going any where soon but I could see everyone else in ROH going somewhere in the near future.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Honestly Matt Hardy is great. Cole right now seems pretty solid so far but he'll probably move up to a main company in the near future. Steen had his world title run but it was pretty boring.

Fullofit

The Artiste
Reaction score
Honestly Matt Hardy is great. Cole right now seems pretty solid so far but he'll probably move up to a main company in the near future. Steen had his world title run but it was pretty boring.

Do you even watch ROH? Lol

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
The Steen title run was amazing and Hardy is no where near ROH's franchise player

I found the whole S.C.U.M versus ROH storyline boring other than that awesome cage match they had. Hardy is great in promos, I don't really think he is franchise but I just feel like he belongs there. If I had to think realistically, I'd choose Cole if he wasn't planning on leaving any time soon.

Fullofit

The Artiste
Reaction score
I found the whole S.C.U.M versus ROH storyline boring other than that awesome cage match they had. Hardy is great in promos, I don't really think he is franchise but I just feel like he belongs there. If I had to think realistically, I'd choose Cole if he wasn't planning on leaving any time soon.

Cole's only 23, I don't see WWE picking him up for awhile

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
They've been building the company around Kevin Steen the past couple year's. It seems they're slowly moving away from that. I don't think they will have a franchise player, they don't need one.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
They've been building the company around Kevin Steen the past couple year's. It seems they're slowly moving away from that. I don't think they will have a franchise player, they don't need one.
Every wrestling company needs one.