Which type of wrestling fans you hate?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
People that shit on Cena, Reigns or Ambrose for not doing 50 Moves in a match when that’s not wrestling is about at all.
NEWS FLASH
The less moves you do, the better wrestler you are. This is why Jericho has not added to he's move set for years and why Goldberg is rich (and over AF).

But sure some unknown indie star who does a thousand moves per match is a waaay better wrestler then Lesnar.

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
NEWS FLASH
The less moves you do, the better wrestler you are. This is why Jericho has not added to he's move set for years and why Goldberg is rich (and over AF).

But sure some unknown indie star who does a thousand moves per match is a waaay better wrestler then Lesnar.

Well, it depends on the Indy wrestler because you could make an argument for better wrestler but not many are better workers. (I am an intranet profeshunal u guiz).

Brock is in the Hogan position now where he only does a couple of moves because that’s all he needs to do to make the people happy. Suplexes/Punches/Knees/F5s = Clothesline/Scoop Slam/Big Boot/Leg Drop.

Reactions: Redboy123@

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The more moves you do, the higher risk of injury as well.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
WWF Attitude Era marks are the worst. No matter what the WWE does with its current programming, these male fans in their late thirties keep dwelling on an era which ended sixteen years and won't stop harping on about Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H, Sable. AJ Styles and Randy Orton will have a spectacular match on Smackdown but, to these Attitude Era marks, it will never compare to the good ol' days when Austin took a squirt gun out on Vince in the middle of the ring--Bang 3:16. Many of these Attitude marks were never True Wrestling Fans and were just hopping on board the bandwagon when wrestling was hot in the late 1990's.
AJ Styles was not a big draw in the 90's. He's good now, but we barely saw him. I was never interested in the whole Hogan v Hart thing, it wasn't entertaining enough. Triple H, even though I never saw him as a factor before, I see his in-rang ability now because he doesn't use the same move over and over again, like Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, and those other 2D wrestlers. AJ Styles uses a variety of moves, and could do a submission here and there. The Rock? He doesn't use the same moves over and over again. I could say the same for Austin, also. My favorite was Austin because he knew how to use the mic in the best way possible. His promos were exciting. The current crop of superstars don't have what Austin, Rock, Trips, or Cena has. I'm not even a fan of Cena, but I recognize his skills.

Attitude Era was awesome because risks were made. They were never afraid to use their character to the best of their ability. That was Angle's whole point in his HoF speech, and nobody seems to be inspired by it. The biggest risk was having Austin do the middle finger on live TV. You can't do it today because America is a bunch of guilty bunch of man-babies who are afraid of middle fingers or swearing. Wah. Wah. Shut the fuck up and get the fuck outta here. (Not to you @Geese, I meant in general.)

I mean, Suits, which is a popular drama TV show - allow swearing in the fucking script, but WWE can't push the envelope because mommies and daddies cry over bullshit. And I'm not letting the Advertisers get away that easy, either. They're just as much fault as today's Americans.

Last edited:
Reactions: jminter2698

Redboy123@

Reaction score
AJ Styles was not a big draw in the 90's. He's good now, but we barely saw him. I was never interested in the whole Hogan v Hart thing, it wasn't entertaining enough. Triple H, even though I never saw him as a factor before, I see his in-rang ability now because he doesn't use the same move over and over again, like Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, and those other 2D wrestlers. AJ Styles uses a variety of moves, and could do a submission here and there. The Rock? He doesn't use the same moves over and over again. I could say the same for Austin, also. My favorite was Austin because he knew how to use the mic in the best way possible. His promos were exciting. The current crop of superstars don't have what Austin, Rock, Trips, or Cena has. I'm not even a fan of Cena, but I recognize his skills.

Attitude Era was awesome because risks were made. They were never afraid to use their character to the best of their ability. That was Angle's whole point in his HoF speech, and nobody seems to be inspired by it. The biggest risk was having Austin do the middle finger on live TV. You can't do it today because America is a bunch of guilty bunch of man-babies who are afraid of middle fingers or swearing. Wah. Wah. Shut the fuck up and get the fuck outta here. (Not to you @Geese, I meant in general.)

I mean, Suits, which is a popular drama TV show - allow swearing in the fucking script, but WWE can't push the envelope because mommies and daddies cry over bullshit.
Brock Lesnar isn't 2D tho. Every move he does is over. That's were you wannabe as a wrestler. Every single move means something. Most recent example is Brock shoot punching Braun. That was more real and badass then any triple leg German reverse hurricarana into a Russian leg sweep.

Plus wasn't the height of Austin just punch, kicks, a few elbows and stunners. And it was amazing. That's all Austin needed to do cuz he was so over.

People say that wrestling like Ricochet and Osperay is amazing. And it is. Put how great is a wrestling match if no one cares who the winner and loser is. Most people watch those matches cuz they are physically impressive. But it feels like none of these matches mean anything as people don't watch to see a winner and loser. They watch cuz of the moves. And to me that's not good wrestling.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
People that shit on Cena, Reigns or Ambrose for not doing 50 Moves in a match when that’s not wrestling is about at all.

NEWS FLASH

So...if a wrestler can get away with only doing 2 or 3 moves...they should
just keep doing that without expanding their move set & improving as a
performer?

Sounds like a great way for their matches to become stale & boring to me.

I mean I don't expect 50 different moves per match...but a little variety can
really spice things up.

I point at Braun Strowman doing a dropkick as a great example of this.

It doesn't have to be some kind of mat wrestling wizardry...just something
out of left field & different.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
[I have someone ignored, so I'm going to answer as if he's not in the room.]
Austin does more than just punches, kicks, a few elbows and stunners. He broke out some [new] moves here and there, sometimes submission moves, sometimes moves that mimic Hart's moves. Which really shows his versatility. And that's what makes you a well-rounded wrestler. And this is why I agree with...
performer?
....THIS comment.
I mean I don't expect 50 different moves per match...but a little variety can
really spice things up.
Yup! That's right!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
I love when people don’t purposely read the shit you’ve said and change what you’ve said to make their argument.

Flair is considered one of the best wrestlers ever, how many moves can you count that he does excluding the flop and the turnbuckle flip?

Jericho has done the same set of moves since 2007 and no one gives a shit because the matches are good regardless and will do stuff that makes sense.

It’s not like Hogan started out in his career with a Big Boot and Leg Drop. Read what I’ve written next time, Jesus.

Reactions: jminter2698

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I love when people don’t purposely read the shit you’ve said and change what you’ve said to make their argument.
I wasn't trying to start an argument...I was simply looking for some clarification.

Flair is considered one of the best wrestlers ever, how many moves can you count that he does excluding the flop and the turnbuckle flip?

Jericho has done the same set of moves since 2007 and no one gives a shit because the matches are good regardless and will do stuff that makes sense.

It’s not like Hogan started out in his career with a Big Boot and Leg Drop.
Look if you think wrestlers should just do the same repetitive moves over & over
again then that's cool if that works for you.

It doesn't for me.

Read what I’ve written next time, Jesus.
I did...but don't worry...I won't bother reading any of your future posts
seeing as this is how you're going to react to me responding to them.

Jesus.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
[I have someone ignored, so I'm going to answer as if he's not in the room.]
That's petty bro

I'm not arguing that a bit of move variety is bad. I agree it can spice things up. No one has been arguing that. But its no secret that the more over you are the less moves you can do. Jericho is a great example of that. Jericho can do loads of moves (1001 holds) but cuz he is so good he only needs 10 moves to have a good match.

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
performer?
That would be a fair point, if professional wrestling is a martial art, but it isn't. Its professional wrestling, you do the moves that work and that make money. Improving as a performer is knowing what works and what sticks. The amount of moves you do is not in any way in correlation how good you are as a performer. Sure switch things up if things get stale.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Its became so cool to hate Roman Reigns that it became uncool.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Didn't the same thing happen with Cena? :hmm:

Idk i took a break from watching when Cena peaked. I stopped watching for almost 10 years after Wrestlemania 20 when he got his first big push when won the US title from Big Show