Which TUF alumni did/do you have hope for in the UFC?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
When I say alumni, I don't mean the guys that won the contract. I mean people that were on the show that didn't win it. Anyway, for me, I had alot of hope for 3 people. Marcus Jones, James McSweeney, and Luke Cummo.

Marcus Jones- Look at the guy! He's a massive dude! I think with his reach, if he'd have worked on his stand up game and put more time into his training, he could have been a hell of a fighter in the UFC. The dude was a sponge. He soaked up everything he was taught.

James McSweeney- Being taught by Rashad Evans is always a plus. McSweeney seems like the kind of guy that if you give him the chance, he'll surprise you. He seemed pretty well rounded as a fighter, and I think in due time, he'll be back, and better than ever.

Luke Cummo- Like they said during season 2, he was the nerd nobody wanted. He was a skinny guy, acted differently, etc., but once everyone saw him fight, they shut up real quick. That guy was the real deal. He had amazing heart, a well rounded fighter, and determination. He had all the makings of a UFC great. It's a shame he's not around anymore, he could have made a hell of an impression.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Honestly bro, I have no idea why McSweeney even got additional fights. I haven't been impressed with that guy since day 1. For me, Manny Gamburyan, Josh Koscheck, Cody McKenzie, Brendan Schaub, and Chris Leben have become my favorites that didn't win the show.

I still think Gamburyan would have beaten Diaz at the time. Manny was my pick in that season and the only reason he lost was due to a freak shoulder injury in the finals. He's definitely found a home at 145lbs.

I like Koscheck just because everybody else hates on the guy. To be honest, I didn't really care much for him until he lost to Drew Fickett. He learned a lot from that loss and that's what impresses me. Im still picking Kos to win the Welterweight title at UFC 124.

Cody has a ton of potential, but he's got to become more well rounded. We know he's got an extremely tight Guillotine choke. Now lets see what else he has.

Schaub was one I wasn't sure of. I picked Roy Nelson to win season 11 because of his experience, but Schaub has really impressed me. This kid should be getting some more attention come 2011.

And Leben. What can I say?? I've like the guy since I first seen him on season 1. When he's on and in shape, he can go with anyone, and don't be a bit surprised if he wins. Put on a helluva 2 week display against Aaron Simpson and Yoshihiro Akiyama earlier this year and made quite a splash with those two wins. If Chris can continue on the way he is, he has the World at his doorstep.

Reaction score
I like Koscheck just because everybody else hates on the guy. To be honest, I didn't really care much for him until he lost to Drew Fickett. He learned a lot from that loss and that's what impresses me. Im still picking Kos to win the Welterweight title at UFC 124.

Schaub was one I wasn't sure of. I picked Roy Nelson to win season 11 because of his experience, but Schaub has really impressed me. This kid should be getting some more attention come 2011.

Those 2 are definitely fighters I overlooked. Koscheck may not be the most talented fighter, but he's definitely not just some guy that lucky. The dudes a fuckin animal. Glad to see i'm not the only other person thinking he'll beat GSP. As far as Schaub goes, i'm still shocked that Nelson beat him, and especially how quick he beat him. I thought it'd be a perfect combination of a striker vs a wrestler. But, Nelson showed he's more than just a wrestler, that he could knock you out at any given time. Maybe it wasn't Schaubs best fight, but, he's earned his way into the UFC. He's a fighter to keep your eye on.