• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which PPV ( WWE ) has been a major let down in 2008 so far????

vickymania

Reaction score
well,the year's almost coming to an end and there has been many ppv's hogging the limelight throughout the year..which ppv ( wwe ) do u think has been the major let down in terms of matches made and their results in 2008???

as far as i'am concerned,No mercy let me down the most..i mean,the line up of matches were actually good but the results,hmmmmm..nt at all impressive..

Evil Austin

I would have to say the Pay Per View of WWE One Night STand and Night of Champions. I saw them including all PPV's up until now for 2008 and I have to say those two where the horrible ones of the past three years. I seriously couldn't stand them the only reason I watched until the end was because I paid money to see it and it would be a waste of 20 something dollars.

Lets here why I think this way - One Night Stand was on June the first 2008 ok, now the Night of Champions was June 30th 2008 barely four weeks apart infact three weeks and a bit three weeks of raw, smackdown and ecw shows. THis doesn't give us any time for any new matches or feuds between them and that pretty much gurrantee'd the same matches just some sort of different gimmick match.

All of them had their ups and downs ie the good match adn only good match on the card for One Night Stand was the TLC match but that match "Barely just" delivered for a TLC match. I mean, there where 8 matches 3 Hours and a couple of promo's calculate that and its about ten minutes or fifteen minutes a match and I think there should be less matches maybe 6 and more actuall action I mean I could go to a toilet break and the Jeff Hardy and Umaga Falls count anywhere match would be over already.

vickymania

Reaction score
lol..i thnk everyone talks abt less matches and more time for the fights..wonder when the wwe writers gonna thnk this way..but cant help it..its all abt the green paper we call "money"

The Rated R CMStar

It says 2008, so Armageddon doesn't count.

I laught at the fact that DX 3:16, to bash the fact that WWE doesn't have enough time to build PPVs, the space between Night of Champions and One Night Stand is not a good one..."barely 4 weeks"...you do realize there are 4 weeks between every PPV with some exceptions.

Then again, you said One Night Stand was a bad PPV and that the TLC between Edge vs Taker barely delivered, so you lost your credibility in there.

One night Stand was fucking good, I thought that it would suck but it turned out to be good tbh!

A huge let down for me was No Mercy which just went by, Taker/Big Show could have been good, and the rest could have been decent but really the only good match was Jericho/HBK...Not worth $20 though :smh

Well I don't really like HHH, the matches wasn't terrible but the ending was just terrible. Hardy kickes his ass with all his best moves only for HHH to roll him over and get the 3. The actual match was alright but the ending made ir worse, and the rest off the PPV was bad too. Opening two matches sucked.

vickymania

Reaction score
No Mercy was not produced well at all CMS..it could have been the best PPV so far of 2008 if not for bad finishes..and yeah,it maybe $20 odd for u guys to see it live,but it should have substance..i really think they had a great line up of matches for no mercy

Beer Money Army

my GAB 2008 ratings

1. 4 Way Tag team Match ** (decent opener, wrong team won.. my choice for a opener of a ppv)

2. Benjamin vs Matt Hardy ** (i felt the 2 weren't clicking right on the night)

3. Mark henry vs Tommy Dreamer 1/2* (but barely got there)

4. HBK Vs Y2J *** (good Match but there other encounters are better(WM 19/J'day08), I would rank this match with there 3 star match on raw 2003 where HBK tapped) Havent seen unforgiven/no mercy matches

5. Mccool Vs Natayla * (meh)

6. CM Punk Vs Batista ** 1/2 (this match was getting pretty decent except for Kane interference, If these 2 had a clean ending the match could of been *** or maybe *** 1/2)

7. JBL Vs Cena ** (very gimmicked, there other matches have sucked, i guess there i quit match was the best, but that was *** 1/2)

8. Edge Vs HHH ** 1/2 (the interfernce factor sucked, but the 2 didn't click as well as i think they could, similiar to Hardy/Benjamin)

PPV Overall: ** (38%) (GAB has had a long tradition of bringing out crappy PPV's.)

vickymania

Reaction score
ohk,i get the idea..i agree with CMS for one thng..i thnk the line up of matches r never bad for any PPV's,fo that matter..its just the way they end the matchesmakes it dissapointing..thts why i chose No Mercy