Which one win/loss would you have changed?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
This is a simple question but can really take some thought.

I will make it easier by saying out of all the matches in the last 10 YEARS (2006-2016) which one win/loss would you have changed?
For me, it would be Brock ending the streak. I think his streak should have ended when he was going to retire. Brock did not need the heat of beating him at all. Undertaker losing would have meant so much more as well if when he lost, it was done and he was done for good.

Mr.Bartlett

Jobber
Reaction score
100% Agree with you on Brock ending the streak.
Brock's great but I think ending the steak would of been better used to push a next/current generation star - I've always though Bray Wyatt should of ended the streak the following year and then gone around calling himself the new Phenom.

For myself I'd change Rock beating Punk for the WWE Championship - I'd like to have seen Punk retain to set up a Triple Threat main event for WM29 - Punk vs. Cena vs. Rock

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I dunno. For me, Brock ending the streak was just such an iconic moment. I think I am happier that it happened the way it did. If the streak continued until Undertaker was going to retire, we likely would have gotten rumors about the retirement. Then when the streak ending match happened, it wouldn't have had the shocking effect that it had when Brock ended it. But that's just my thought on that match.

In regards to what match I would change... hmmm. That is a toughie. I am not sure if there was one in the past ten years that really had the sort of impact that I would have liked it changed. Maybe Edge vs John Cena 2006 Royal Rumble. I think having Cena win the WWE Championship back only 3 weeks after the first ever MITB cash in was pretty lame. Not only that, but Raw's ratings did spike a bit with Edge as champion. It really seemed to ruin the moment in my view. So if I could change anything, I would have made Edge retain in that match.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
"Team WWE aka Team Cena" vs Nexus at Summerslam.

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
Just one match? I would say most of Bray's career so far, but just one match...

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt WM30. Bray should have won that. Don't know if it's bad booking, but his career pretty much went downhill after his loss to Cena. I'm hoping things are finally starting to turn around for the better.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I like the call of ending the Streak, because while on paper the idea was brilliant... if you take Bryan's injury in account and how Cena got the asswhoopin' of a lifetime at SS 2014 instead... I don't think Brock would be any less of an unbeatable monster as he is now.

Brock's great but I think ending the steak would of been better used to push a next/current generation star - I've always though Bray Wyatt should of ended the streak the following year and then gone around calling himself the new Phenom.

For myself I'd change Rock beating Punk for the WWE Championship - I'd like to have seen Punk retain to set up a Triple Threat main event for WM29 - Punk vs. Cena vs. Rock

Would have loved that. While I'd love to think of some low-key example...... can't help but vote this.

Also Night of Champions 2011, because fuck them.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
The Streak!:shovel::blackshock:
Brock should have not beat The Undertaker!:mad2:

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx

I said the same thing brother! Bray Wyatt could have been @The Phenom

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Bork Laser beating the Streak was just stupid...
In my opinion Taker should never have been
beaten at Wrestlemania...it should have been
the greatest part of his legacy.

Me personally...well...it may-be cheating...but I
would have had Kane win the 2001 Royal Rumble.

I just think Kane deserved to win...and it may be the
greatest non-winning performance in Rumble history.

Plus if Kane won...there would have been no
Austin vs. Rock...which means no Austin heel turn.

I wasn't a fan of that...and I'm sure many others
weren't either.

Reactions: Solidus1

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Just one match? I would say most of Bray's career so far, but just one match...

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt WM30. Bray should have won that. Don't know if it's bad booking, but his career pretty much went downhill after his loss to Cena. I'm hoping things are finally starting to turn around for the better.

Even if Bray would have lost at Extreme Rules or Payback, that win against Cena on the Biggest Stage possible would have done wonders for him.

Reactions: WWESpongefan

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Booker T VS Triple H at WrestleMania 19