• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which of the two do you think is the dumbest idea Vince McMahon has ever came up with?

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
The XFL
ball_vdic_1024.jpg

or

the Brawl for All?
tumblr_m8f0gnDXMJ1ql0k28o1_500.png

Even though the Brawl for All was actually originally a stupid idea created by Vince Russo just to deliberately humiliate Bradshaw/JBL(who's been bragging backstage about how he could beat anyone up in a real life fight), this at least had some potential if it wasn't just an unlicensed pro boxing tournament with the name "Brawl for All" slapped onto it and if all the competitors were given enough time to train, to prevent career ending injuries. The XFL on the other hand, is just an outright joke. Vince McMahon has got to be completely out of his damn mind if he thinks creating another major football league organization and trying to compete with the NFL(which is obviously a no-brainer that the XFL is absolutely no where near remotely close to being a competition to such a big and prestigious Pro American football organization like the NFL) was ever a good idea.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Brawl for All was awful, but it was awful on a small scale. It cost a lot less money.

The XFL was just a disaster. And it's sad because it didn't have to be. They advertised it as being just pure football. Unfortunately, that's not what it was. They made way too much like WWE, used WWE announcers.... it was like Attitude Era Football.

Starting a football league in itself is not a terrible idea in my opinion. But starting one the way they did was just completely asinine.

All in all, both WWE and NBC lost 35 million a piece for the disaster of the XFL.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I actually believe if WWE utilized Bart Gunn, the Brawl for All would have been a success. However in no way ever was XFL going to be anything more than the TNA of Football, so that has to be the worse idea

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I gotta say, as a kid the xfl seemed like a cool idea at the time. But I think I might have only watched it once. And then it was gone. I don't really remember much about it though.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
XFL would of been a brilliant idea if it took off. Remember that was launched at a time where WWE (WWF at the time) was at its peak. So Vince starting a football company could of been huge profits. But it horribly failed soooo it was a bad idea but idk if it was a dumb.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
So I just watched the first half hour of the first xfl game between ny hitmen and Las Vegas outlaws.
Up until the first field goal then had to run out for a bit.

I really didn't see what so many people had against it.

It was just like regular football so far. IT had a few different things, but just seemed like a football league. Maybe I'll have to watch more lol.. if I ever find the time

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Ouch...just imagine how many grilled chicken sandwiches you could buy with that.

What?

Grilled chicken sandwiches are my favorite...

And now I'm hungry...
Yeah a previous poster gave 35 million each for VInce+TV company.

I read 60-65 million or roughly what WCW lost in 2000. How reliable that number was IDK, around the same time he offered Owens family 90 million and WWF was making around 100 million a year.

13 Most Profitable Years In WWE History

Ok it was 68 million he lost, previous poster with the 35/split may also be right.

13 Most Profitable Years In WWE History

2000 would have been the zenith except for XFL.

Last edited: