Which next two competitors can pull off an Iron Man match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
The Ironman match like the triple threat, fatal four way, tornado tag, and Elimination Chamber it's on life support.

They are match types that rarely happen. I don't know about you guys I say it's time for another Ironman match.

Give two competitors who could put on a 5 star iron man match

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The Ironman match like the triple threat, fatal four way, tornado tag, and Elimination Chamber it's on life support.

They are match types that rarely happen. I don't know about you guys I say it's time for another Ironman match.

Give two competitors who could put on a 5 star iron man match
It's good that the iron man match is rarely used. Less we see of it the better.

Iron man match should be reserved for top of the card guys who are in a rivalry over who is the better wrestler.

So guys who have traded wins in the past and need a iron man match to finish the debate of who is better.

Can't think of any feuds in wwe that warrant one.

Obviously guys like Owen's Bryan Styles Rollins Reigns Zayn McIntyre Cesaro Orton Nakamura Sasha Bayley Charlotte and Asuka and maybe a few others are guys that are big enough stars and good enough workers to pull it off.

I feel like if McIntyre beats Roman in their next match then that could set up a iron man match as they are two guys that have been presented as equals.

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Edge vs. Orton
Drew vs. Roman
Roman vs. Bryan
Drew vs. Styles

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The Ironman match is a weird match-type. WWE has seemingly brought it out, at random, even though the story arc behind the match itself is incredibly simplistic. The basic story should be two wrestlers wanting to prove who's the best, it makes no sense to pit a blood feud into an ironman match like Cena v. Orton. The only competent Iron Man matches, off the top of my head, were the HBK v. Bret Hart match and Lesnar v. Angle.

As for who, today, can pull it off, I think AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan can. The problem arises in the fact that since the match is so long, it requires excellent pacing to keep the wrestlers alive and the fans interested, and generally that style of wrestling isn't really prominent, if at all utilized.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
The guys I choose ...
AJ vs Bryan
Roman vs Drew
Seth vs Roman
Orton vs AJ

Reactions: edge4ever

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Lol at suggesting Roman for a iron man match. He only knows 5 moves.

Bryan and AJ are the only serious ones. In terms of moves, and storytelling to get you excited for a hour of them.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Lol at suggesting Roman for a iron man match. He only knows 5 moves.

Bryan and AJ are the only serious ones. In terms of moves, and storytelling to get you excited for a hour of them.
Lol not true at all. He wrestles in the typical 5 moves of doom type of matches like cena did because of the standard main event matches he has, but he can put on entertaining longer matches and wrestle if needed. Watch some of his longer matches with guys like styles. He can do it with the right opponent and make it fun.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Lol not true at all. He wrestles in the typical 5 moves of doom type of matches like cena did because of the standard main event matches he has, but he can put on entertaining longer matches and wrestle if needed. Watch some of his longer matches with guys like styles. He can do it with the right opponent and make it fun.
Styles can make a mop look good...

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Styles can make a mop look good...
Go back to 2015. Roman Reigns is one the better workers in wwe. Have to be an ostrich to still think he can't wrestle. What are you an ostrich? Get your head out the sand? If you got a problem with that then fight me

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Go back to 2015. Roman Reigns is one the better workers in wwe. Have to be an ostrich to still think he can't wrestle. What are you an ostrich? Get your head out the sand? If you got a problem with that then fight me
I've couldn't have said better myself.

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Would Roman have the stamina? I don't think he could last that long. AJ for sure.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Would Roman have the stamina? I don't think he could last that long. AJ for sure.
That’s what she said.

And Roman has had some matches that have gone at least 40 mins and he performed at the same level the entire time. I don’t think an extra 20 would kill him.

Reactions: Deadmanforever97

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Truly Roman is no longer the guy from 2014 or 15 who is still rising to the top.

When I saw him at Night of Champions 2020 he was in the best shape of his life.

at Survivor Series he went toe to toe from beginning to end with Drew Mcintyre. That's saying something

All I'm saying is he's become more athletic, durable, and versatile in the ring as time has past

Reactions: edge4ever