Which former PPV would you like to see come back?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If the all elimination matches ever returned to Survivor Series, I'd love to see the return of the Grand Finale. It could be a hell of a way to push someone new.

I would love for that to happen tbh

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Bring back Starcade! It was known for legendary matches.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
If the all elimination matches ever returned to Survivor Series, I'd love to see the return of the Grand Finale. It could be a hell of a way to push someone new.
Or they could use it as a way to show just how super John Cena really is. :shifty:

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Quite honestly I miss the King of the Ring days. Every single superstar got a huge push from that point on and even if they weren't pushed to the top.. they were definitely paid much more attention to after they won the tournament than before.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Quite honestly I miss the King of the Ring days. Every single superstar got a huge push from that point on and even if they weren't pushed to the top.. they were definitely paid much more attention to after they won the tournament than before.

The King of the Ring Pay Per View was great. I wish they would do like they did in the 1990s, by have sixteen men try to qualify, and then have then qualifying eight wrestle the tournament at the PPV. I preferred this to the whole having rounds on Raw and Smackdown!, and then have the finals at the PPV. However, I don't think the last king of the ring didn't even make it to a PPV.

Reaction score
Every time I see someone on any message board support the idea of bringing the King of the Ring back as a PPV, I feel like smashing my face against a brick wall. Between it's worst of the year buyrates and it's worst of the year PPV matches, ditching the PPV was one of the best moves the WWE made in the 2000's.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Every time I see someone on any message board support the idea of bringing the King of the Ring back as a PPV, I feel like smashing my face against a brick wall. Between it's worst of the year buyrates and it's worst of the year PPV matches, ditching the PPV was one of the best moves the WWE made in the 2000's.
Don't hurt your face.

I think the main reason why people want to see KotR come back is because they like the idea of a tournament but forget that guys wrestling multiple times on one show isn't exactly conducive to great matches. Pretty much every time WWE has done a one-night tourney, the matches have been less than stellar.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I agree. Since the PPV after WM is usually rematches from WM and its the aftermath, the name makes more sense.

I would also quote Booty with the Survivor Series, but idk how to quote two people in the same thing lol. I miss when Survivor Series was elimination tag matches only. Gave the PPV a special feel and didn't need a championship match. Was a lot of fun and still pushed storylines. I especially enjoyed the Wild Card 4 on 4 with random guys teaming up.

To quote two people you press the button next to "reply with quote" the quote sign with the +. Then hit "reply with quote" on the second person. Did that make sense? :lol:

Because Stone Cold didn't become Stone Cold on the show? Shane McMahon didn't get suplexed into glass? Superstars' careers weren't made? KoTR is an awesome concept, what are you smoking? :lol:

Reaction score
Because Stone Cold didn't become Stone Cold on the show? Shane McMahon didn't get suplexed into glass? Superstars' careers weren't made? KoTR is an awesome concept, what are you smoking? :lol:

Stone Cold became a star because of working with Bret Hart and later Mike Tyson. The KOTR didn't do shit for him. Don't buy into the WWE hype.

And the awesome Shane/Angle match was a non-tournament match, one that could happen on any PPV. Really, besides Bret's matches in 1993, every KOTR tournament has been filled with bad or painfully average matches. The best KOTR matches are the non-tournament ones.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Stone Cold became a star because of working with Bret Hart and later Mike Tyson. The KOTR didn't do shit for him. Don't buy into the WWE hype.

And the awesome Shane/Angle match was a non-tournament match, one that could happen on any PPV. Really, besides Bret's matches in 1993, every KOTR tournament has been filled with bad or painfully average matches. The best KOTR matches are the non-tournament ones.

"Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass" made his career

Reaction score
"Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass" made his career

Yeah, he was so important that he couldn't get booked on Summerslam. Austin could have came up with that tagline at any point. Just because it happened at the King of the Ring doesn't mean the PPV can take credit for it. Let's look at what KOTR did for it's winners:

- 1993 - Bret was already a former World Champion. He was merely given the KOTR to appease him due to not giving him a second World Title reign.

- 1994 - Owen had already defeated Bret Hart at Wrestlemania. So he could have easily wrestled Bret at Summerslam without KOTR. I'd say the Mania match did far more for Owen than KOTR.

- 1995 - Mabel wasn't even with the company eight months later.

- 1997 - Let's face it, winning KOTR didn't do much for Hunter. It was joining Shawn Michaels to create DX that finally helped make Hunter a somebody.

- 1998 - Shamrock was booked in the same manner he was booked prior to KOTR.

- 1999 - A push that lasted a whole 2 months~! 2 months later, Gunn was back to being in the same position he was at at the start of 1999.

- 2000 - Just another vanity win for Angle. Angle had already won the IC/Euro title. Winning KOTR was just another means for him to look like he had the best rookie year ever.

- 2001 - Edge went from successful tag worker to successful midcarder with his KOTR win. Is it much of a difference? Not really. Edge's series of matches against Kurt Angle did more to add credibility to him than his win over Angle at KOTR '01.

- 2002 - Would things have been any different for Lesnar had he simply won a #1 contender's match at Vengeance to get his title shot against The Rock at Summerslam? I say no.