Which former PPV would you like to see come back?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
As WM approaches I was thinking back to WCW and ECW and remembering how I liked some of their PPV's mainly the titles. If you could be at WWE HQ and propose to Vince what PPV titles and why they should come back let us know it could even be old WWE PPV titles also.

I would get rid of the gimmick PPV titles like: MITB, TLC for one.

I would like to see Clash of Champions, War Games, One Night Stand to make a come back just because I think that the names alone would garner enough buy rates. I also think that WWE needs to eliminate a few PPV's and go every other month. 6 PPV's a year maybe 8 or 9 instead of 12-13.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Re: Which former PPV would you like to see come back.

War Games is definitely my choice. Its really the ultimate stable war. WWE's spinoffs just don't do it justice.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

King of the Ring.

Fucking love that PPV

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

King of the Ring was alright back in late 80's but it seemed to lose it's drawing power in the mid 90's. I wouldn't mind it if they made it a big deal again like they used to and if memory serves me correctly didn't the King win a title shot at some point?

Reaction score

I would like to see Clash of Champions, War Games, One Night Stand to make a come back just because I think that the names alone would garner enough buy rates.

One Night Stand doesn't have any name value to bring in a decent buyrate. In fact, I'd go as far to say that TLC or MITB has more value.

War Games is definitely my choice. Its really the ultimate stable war. WWE's spinoffs just don't do it justice.

War Games was never a PPV. It was just a match partnered with a PPV. Whether that PPV was Great American Bash, Wrestle War or Fall Brawl.

King of the Ring was alright back in late 80's but it seemed to lose it's drawing power in the mid 90's. I wouldn't mind it if they made it a big deal again like they used to and if memory serves me correctly didn't the King win a title shot at some point?

So...KOTR had more drawing power in the 80's when it was a zero hype/mentioned house show than when it was actually a PPV?
-----

Personally, I've always wanted to see Halloween Havoc return. It has such a distinctive look to it and the WWE had never fully exploited the Halloween look on PPV.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Personally, I've always wanted to see Halloween Havoc return. It has such a distinctive look to it and the WWE had never fully exploited the Halloween look on PPV.

I always liked this about WCW. Stuff like Bash at the Beach & Hog Wild may have not been overly successful ideas, but at least it was an attempt to give their PPV's a different feel.

Reaction score

I always liked this about WCW. Stuff like Bash at the Beach & Hog Wild may have not been overly successful ideas, but at least it was an attempt to give their PPV's a different feel.

You can throw in the original Souled Out in as well. All rather poor ideas, but they get a gold star for the effort. The key difference between those three failed gimmicks and Halloween Havoc is that Halloween Havoc was just a change in design, but it was still your standard arena show with normal lighting. The others tried to move an event to a different location or drastically altered how it would look.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It amuses me in hindsight that WWE have gone to the trouble of renaming one of their PPV's "Payback", when in reality it's gonna have the same look and feel as every other B-PPV.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I would definitely like to see King of the Ring again. Also, I wouldn't totally bring back War Games as a ppv, I would just make it the main event of Survivor Series with SS actually having nothing but team matches as they were in the past. I do agree with getting rid of MITB, TLC, and HIAC, as I feel they have more than ran their course. I really enjoyed Starrcade, and I think it would be cool for WWE to even copy the concept of having a joint promotion show against New Japan.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'd also like to see Backlash just because it was a more appropriate name for the PPV after WrestleMania than Extreme Rules is.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
How bout Survivor Series were its all teams v teams again for starters

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
How bout Survivor Series were its all teams v teams again for starters

I like that too. The things that got them to where they are have been all but forgotten most times.

Alex Scott

Metrosexual New Owner
Reaction score
I'd also like to see Backlash just because it was a more appropriate name for the PPV after WrestleMania than Extreme Rules is.

I agree. Since the PPV after WM is usually rematches from WM and its the aftermath, the name makes more sense.

I would also quote Booty with the Survivor Series, but idk how to quote two people in the same thing lol. I miss when Survivor Series was elimination tag matches only. Gave the PPV a special feel and didn't need a championship match. Was a lot of fun and still pushed storylines. I especially enjoyed the Wild Card 4 on 4 with random guys teaming up.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
I was a fan of the Cyber Sunday concept. Other than that, all pretty much same old, same old...

Reaction score
If the all elimination matches ever returned to Survivor Series, I'd love to see the return of the Grand Finale. It could be a hell of a way to push someone new.