Where to now? Who do you believe is ready to step up?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
WWE's roster seems to be in turmoil. Kennedy, and Umaga are gone, Batista, and Taker are out with surgeries(who knows for how long),HBK is AWOL, and who the hell knows who passed or failed The Wellness Testing from Monday. We have to wonder if anyone will be suspended or axed because of that. With top names either gone or on the DL how do you think WWE will handle this? How would you handle it?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Perfect opportunity to move guys like MVP and Miz into bigger, fuller storylines. I just wish they'd abandon Big Show from the Miz/Cena thing and let Miz do shit on his own and actually walk away looking reasonable and earning Cena's respect, but slapping him instead of shaking his hand and moving on.

I think there's a lot of potential in WWE's midcard right now, and all they need is a good feud with someone's who has been in the Main Event/world (or WWE) champion before in order to go over with the crowd.

MikeRaw

It's really up to WWE. They have all the pieces there, in guys like Morrison and MVP ready to make the jump. Even Jack Swagger has future star written all over him. They've shown a reluctance to push guys, and that needs to change. I don't care if people say "you need to wait for them to develop". I used to believe that. But sometimes, you just have to go for it. Right now, WWE is as stale as ever, and with Batista, Taker, and HBK all injured, it's worse. I'm sick of the same old stuff. Just push someone, and see how it goes. WWE used to take risks in order to make new stars. Now is a time to do that again.

noumenon

^Exactlly, it's time to take a shot on a few more megastars. There are so many windows open right now it's ridiculous not to. Once HBK, Taker, Batista and HHH are all back in full strut it'll make it even harder.

MizMasta3000

I would honestly like to see Kane go for gold again. It has been a while

MizMasta3000

^^I agree a little bit of trial and error never hurt the WWE

chessarmy

Whenever the roster goes through a rash of injuries WWE usually starts doing cross brand feuds/appearances to weather the storm. Hence why we have a 3 hour RAW this Monday night

kingovkings

Reaction score
Id like to see on the Raw side of things Miz N MVP get a huge push. Im not saying given a title or anything right now. But they could quite easy put MVP in the ME spot trying to get a shot at the title. That would help him out. And Miz could walk away from a Cena match looking pretty good then move on to calling out Other big Maineventers.Ssuch as HHH, HBK(wen back).Orton etc. He doesn't have to win but with just the rub of the others would be enough to make his matches credible and make him come off looking good. well thats my opinion. But looks like MVP isn't going anywhere near ME scene just yet :(.

Reaction score
Whenever the roster goes through a rash of injuries WWE usually starts doing cross brand feuds/appearances to weather the storm. Hence why we have a 3 hour RAW this Monday night
This 3 hour Raw was supposed to be for a King of the Ring tournament which was obviously scrapped. But it was planned like 2 or 3 months ago, so it has absolutely nothing to do with the current injury situation.

xtremebadass

I am just ready to see a new world champ on either Raw or SD. We have been seeing the same stuff for months, even years now.

All it's been is

-Orton
-HHH
-Edge
-Cena

That's it, with the occasional Jericho, Punk, and Batista.

I want to see one NEW 1st time champ in the very near future. I would love to see MVP win it, I think he would rock that and be a credible champ unlike Punk's first reign. Morrison needs a little more time, but other than that there's very few stars worthy of the title.

Reaction score
As long as HHH is able to walk, I doubt anyone is going to step up to the main event of RAW anytime soon...

BUT, as far as SmackDown! and ECW are concerned, I predict David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd, John Morrison, R-Truth, Dolph Ziggler, Evan Bourne, and Shelton Benjamin (if he turns face) could step up to the main event. And once HHH dies, I'd expect to see The Miz, Kofi Kingston, and MVP headlining.

Ballin

Reaction score
As long as HHH is able to walk, I doubt anyone is going to step up to the main event of RAW anytime soon...

BUT, as far as SmackDown! and ECW are concerned, I predict David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd, John Morrison, R-Truth, Dolph Ziggler, Evan Bourne, and Shelton Benjamin (if he turns face) could step up to the main event. And once HHH dies, I'd expect to see The Miz, Kofi Kingston, and MVP headlining.

I really don't see R-Truth going from midcard to main-event anytme soon.

The Rated R CMStar

John Cena, Batista and Orton beg to differ.

Airfixx

^^^Exactly... On that evidence, you'd have to have a hell of a lot of preconceptions and believe a lot of bullshit rumours not to conclude that in fact HHH makes Main eventers, rather than being one to hold them back.

It seems apparent to me that WWE are not prepared to push anyone that hard these days (to the point when I worry that they do it so gradually that they'll 'miss the boat' on the potential of the better talent they have), but who's ready...?

This is tough... There's are/were some great prospects, but....

Umaga [short-term ME push] - Gone.
Kennedy [trial by fire ME push who MAY have run with the ball] - Gone.
MVP [Should have been last years Mr MITB and fueded with HHH last summer rather than Khali & Koslov] - Took a huge turd on his character.

Leaves us with (IMO):

Swagger - Maybe a little pre-mature, but pretty sure he'll get 'there'.
Christian - The potential's there, but do the office have that kind of faith in him (would need to be drafted too).
Miz - As improved as he is, can he TRULY get the job done in the ring?
Matt Hardy - Following his draf to Raw, he seemed the most appropriately placed for a short fued with Cena, but will he recover the heat from the Hardy fued once he's healed again?

I'm expecting at least a mid-card reign for Morrison before we see him bothering the MEvent. Similarly Kofi is on fire right now (how much TV time????), but I still don't see him as a bonafide future ME-er.