• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Where is WWE's tag team division?

Has anyone noticed that the WWE has only 4 functioning tag teams? Those being R-Boom, PTP, Primo/Epico, and Rex/Hawkins. Let's take a minute to think about that...

...Okay, now that lol time at Rex/Hawkins is over, let's discuss the issue. Does anyone know why this could be?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
The worst part is that this is the strongest the tag division has been in awhile.

I know. They should really have a few more teams competing for those belts, thereby making them more relevant. I'm an on and off wrestling fan, so I was watching Raw for a few weeks, and just last night realized I didn't even know who the tag champs were until they came out.

PHX

Legacy Member
This is nothing new tag division in WWE has been stagnant for a long time. As Chris said though sad part is this is the most they've paid attention to the division in years and still sucks. I think a tag team that could help turn things around for the better would be a Rey/Cara team considering how much they still want Cara to work out and think highly of Rey at least from a popularity standpoint.

I think that the Miz and Drew McIntire could do HUGE things for it. The Miz, already a big name, can work well, great mic skills. McIntire's "chosen one" persona would compliment him greatly. That's what it needs, some big names to go with the belts. Remember when DX had them about a couple years ago? That was the last time that the Tag division was relevant, even with the few established teams they had.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

The Uso's, Hunico/Commacho, & WWE is also building the team known as The Ascention on NXT. There was Kidd/Gabriel, but I do not know where they stand as a team.

Ultimately, a tag division only needs between 4 & 7 teams to be successful. It all comes down to how much tv time they are given.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Bad time to post this thread, you should of posted it a year ago, now theres more teams than in TNA.

Plus, watch nXt, theres wayyyyyy more teams than you mentioned.

El Jefe

Op also missed the Usos.

Number of teams isn't the problem. They don't have any teams that stand out or are good mic workers, which makes them firing AW even more Blue. He was actually getting the PTP heat and was entertaining

zigglerHEEL

I know this plays in perfectly to what most of us have complained about in WWE for years, but what i think they really need is a BIG dominant team. All the othere teams take their cracks at them and the build to a team finally taking them down would be great. If there is any truth to Matt Morgan coming back then you could drop the Tensai gimmick, bring Albert back and play the angle that they weren't given a fair shot in their first run with the company and now they're back to take over. I also agree with PHX that a mysterio/Cara team would be uber over and could help strengthen the division. This could also work building towards an eventual split and match between the 2.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Ugh, it's been years since WWE has had a good, well-rounded tag team division so now it picks up a little bit and we get a thread that it isn't enough essentially. Of course it's not but seeing as it's something WWE neglected for so long it's not really the time to complain. It's time to motivate WWE by going to shows and cheering for these guys. Hey as some people I've seen on this board defend the tag team division to death these people should be handing their money over instead of whining that it's still not going anywhere. If you guys put this much effort into this, you'll have your beloved tag team division. Let's go PTP!