When the Music's Over....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Just give it to someone who will do something with it. This isn't a Enzo for admin pitch. I know I'd be the best admin this place has seen since forever, but that's like a black dude bragging about the size of his cock to a bunch of Jap midgets, and the general consensus agrees. Just put someone in the spot instead of Mr. Apathetic, the pseudo defender of member rights. And like the Nopes would say, that's "real talk".

Reaction score
Meh. I can honestly say I don't really want it. I haven't been posting not because I'm not watching wrestling, I've just been busy with life. Work, other whatnot.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
so, can we say there is not a single person who cares enough?

To be fair, I still do. And I think that we can still definitely make a go of things if we have a team of two or three people who are willing to do what needs to be done to keep things ship-shape.

The problem is that whenever new people are brought on they are gung-ho for the first little bit and then they return to their natural state of laziness. I don't want to work with people who won't hold up their end of the deal though and I'm not going to put in all the effort myself.

I am curious though. Enzo, what exactly do you think needs to be done?

Montana

Reaction score
I've been away for a bit, so i'm not exactly up on things here....but shouldn't somebody be deleting some of these spam threads with nonsense?

I'm going to try and start some new threads and see what happens. There has been quite a bit going on lately, and if people come back and see a there hasn't been much activity, Spam threads it's makes you loss interest fast. I give a ton of credit for everyone that stuck around, so this wasn't meant to be a knock on anyone.

Reaction score
monkeystyle said:
The problem is that whenever new people are brought on they are gung-ho for the first little bit and then they return to their natural state of laziness. I don't want to work with people who won't hold up their end of the deal though and I'm not going to put in all the effort myself.

I am curious though. Enzo, what exactly do you think needs to be done?

I do to. I think there is a good core, a fun core here that covers a diverse range of things to at least keep this forum remaining active enough with room to grow a little with new members. I notice how many regulars log in on a consistent basis. People still come here, but those logins need to convert to activity.

What needs to be done? Well everything boils down to having active members remain active, appealing to and growing membership at an acceptable rate. I'm not saying we need to bring in a gang of people, just maybe 1-3 decent, semi-active posters every so ofter. Add that to the regulars being active and you've got more than a pulse. That's what needs to be done first. Then mods and admins need to do their due diligence. That's what needs to be done, how it gets done, that's up to those who want to do it. I would help.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Maybe we need a trim down on all of these forums. Keep it smaller that way we can make what little forums we have, more active. That and of course mass advertising. I remember a few years back, people were joining by the daily.. at least 10 a day with some posts. I think this place can be salvaged with some dedicated people who are willing to work hard.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
lol, jim morrison cut his wrist....
"I'm emo!"

man... play a better song honkey....
something more like, "LEAVE THE MEMORIES ALONE!"

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Places like Wrestling Forum, WC, WZ, they have a lot of activity. This place doesn't and that is the main problem. Blue members aren't the problem, either. I post regularly at WF and they have some of the most fucking Blue posters on the face of the earth, but the activity is there so you aren't seeing any threads with 0 responses.

This place just can't compete with a place like WF. There is nothing really to bring back people to be full time posters. This place was fun once....and then it died a death that I don't think is even recoverable.

Unless we get a lot of members, this place is as good as dead forever. I don't think there is anything else anyone here can do to pump life into this place. It's just generally unappealing to the masses.